Tiny forearms

offermann

What do you guys think the best way is to GROW the forearm? I've been messing around with wrist curls for a while now and haven't seen much in the way of progress. I have an incredibly small bone structure and am definitely predisposed towards small forearms. Are they destined to be small forever or is there something else I can do?

Wrist Roller

7 minutes ago, Bearcat 74 said:

Wrist Roller

A good one for sure. Also reverse curls with an EZ Curl bar. Thumbless on the EZ bar is a good way to train it.

Do a search for either on here (or maybe Google) Power Forearms or maybe Synergy Forearms.  A complete and very good size program - I highly recommend it.  

• Like 1

For a lot of people forearms are notoriously hard to get to grow.

I've been doing dedicated gripwork for 4 years now and I think my forearm size has increased maybe 1-2cm? They have become more muscular though.

I think going the bodybuilding way is possibly the best way to get them to grow. So relatively higher rep (6-15 reps) work with wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, reverse curls, hammer curls, maybe some sledge work too. You could add fatgripz to those movements to make it even harder on the forearms, but be carefull not to go crazy with those right off the bat.

Eat 1000 to 2000 extra calories a day, lift heavy weights, rest and repeat. 

• Like 2

Climbers routine above is excellent. Think time under tension. HIgh rep wrist roller work, high rep wrist curls, longer thick bar holds etc. Forearms seem to respond well to high volume and as much variety as possible. The power forearms template is good because it hits almost every function. I prefer slightly higher reps than what the program calls for but thats subjective for sure.

I know everyone is going to throw tomatoes at me for this but...

Genetics.

53 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

I know everyone is going to throw tomatoes

Bend steel. Mine blew up after I started bending. Seriously by far the best way for me to make them grow. People tell me I have gorilla fore arms in the gym. It's the one part I'm really really proud of. 

My forearms are very stubborn, but using a mechanical dropset repeated three times gave me awesome results. The forearms are dense so you gotta pump them very intensely to get em to grow (my experience). Start with reverse curls 12 to 15 reps, move on to wrist extensions with some cheating in front of you 12 to 15 , then go to behind the back wrist curls 15 to 20 without stopping.  Repeat a few times. Do this twice a week for a month or two and i promise youre forearms will be bigger, not stronger but bigger.

23 hours ago, Anthony C. said:

Genetics.

BOOOO 

• Like 1

Supplement with arm-wrestling & arm-wrestling training.. That's what I specifically did to grow mine. Lifting wasn't enough to get my forearms to grow. Rock climbing training & time under tension, as mentioned above, are also very good. The forearms can take the abuse. Just focus on making them work all the time. Manual labor is great.

dc8ce26eda0cceb3631a1272382703ab.jpg

• Like 1

On 6 april 2016 at 6:54 PM, Anthony C. said:

Genetics.

I'm holding my tomatoes. Genetics play a huge part in every kind of training for sure. Doesn't mean you have to give up just because of lousy genetics though. So just go at it and see how far you can get.

• Like 1