2016 Odd Haugen Northern California Fit Expo

Hubgeezer

Sunday, May 22, 2016, San Jose, CA Fit Expo, IronMind Record Breakers, this will be the 5th year. Here is the link for it:

http://www.thefitexpo.com/tfesj_grip.asp

Five events this year, in this order:

Rolling Thunder

Apollon's Axle

Silver Bullet Hold

IronMind Hub

IronMind PInch Block

Assuming Alexey T, Mike Burke, and Mark Felix are not competing, I plan on winning this year. Prove me wrong. 

• Like 4

If I hadn't just got back from Arizona, I would fly out there and show you what's up. ;)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

If I hadn't just got back from Arizona, I would fly out there and show you what's up. ;)

As as self-respecting MM2 Guy, I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Edited by Hubgeezer
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2016 at 7:34 PM, Hubgeezer said:

Sunday, May 22, 2016, San Jose, CA Fit Expo, IronMind Record Breakers, this will be the 5th year. Here is the link for it:

http://www.thefitexpo.com/tfesj_grip.asp

Five events this year, in this order:

Rolling Thunder

Apollon's Axle

Silver Bullet Hold

IronMind Hub

IronMind PInch Block

Assuming Alexey T, Mike Burke, and Mark Felix are not competing, I plan on winning this year. Prove me wrong. 

I was ill and missed several weeks of workouts. If you compete, I won't win this contest. This is your chance.

I am registering my son. He has been using Fat Grips for about two months now. He is an Elite Power Lifter, so the Axle Deadlift ought to be a fun father-son competition this year. Last year I pulled 330 and he didn't. I probably had 335 in me that day, and he had maybe 320 in him (the jumps were from 308 to 330 to 352). If I get 330 and he gets 352, I will be happy for him. If I miss 330 and he gets it, I will be pissed at him. If we both get 330, I will be happy for him and grateful he didn't beat me.  If I get 352 and he gets 330, I will be thankful to God...

Edited by Hubgeezer
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Contest is this Sunday. I emailed Odd, and he said there were around a dozen entrants. Except for Haugen, who these days pretty much just does the two thick bar events, I don't think there are any "Super Stars". I asked, and he didn't name any. To me that means no Burke or Alexey, who have competed there in the past.

I just received another Odd email and he said that "Martins" was just doing the grip contest this time. Usually, he is coming off a Strongman contest the previous day, and will be mixing up the MAS Wrestling the same day, so he may turn in a top notch grip performance this time.

Edited by Hubgeezer

Randy's Writeup:

http://www.ironmind.com/news/John-Machnik-Strongest-Grip-at-San-Jose-FitExpo/

Clay Edgin came in third. Martins Licis came in second.

John Machnik's first grip contest was the San Jose Fit Expo in 2012. Since then, he has been in about every other LA Fit Expo and San Jose Fit Expo. Quiet fellow, nice guy, completely under the radar. He may be a member of this forum and IronMind's, but does not post. On Sunday, he decisively beat Clay Edgin in a grip contest. Let that one sink in. In San Jose in 2012, I got the feeling that I was the first "grip guy" he had ever spoken to. He has quietly improved slowly and steadily these past four years.

• Like 1

John seems to be well-balanced in various aspects of grip strength. His axle, hub, and pinch block numbers are all great!

• Like 1