South Jersey 3 (Sat. June 11th)

anwnate

Nate - put me down as a maybe!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

Nate - put me down as a maybe!

Hell yeah!  You've been pm'd.

If everything goes well & injury free on May 14th. Most likely, I'll be competing! I'm thinking about going for the CoC #3 certification as well.

• Like 4

I'm a strong maybe, good chance to participate in my first grip contest.

Michael Rabich

Edited by MRabich
  • Like 2

On 4/7/2016 at 1:24 AM, JStepien said:

If everything goes well & injury free on May 14th. Most likely, I'll be competing! I'm thinking about going for the CoC #3 certification as well.

Nice!  You can definitely get your MM0 at the contest.  I've got a ton of #3's that you can mess with to determine how ready you are for the CoC #3 Cert...and/or what you may need to work on before you call Ironmind.

12 hours ago, MRabich said:

I'm a strong maybe, good chance to participate in my first grip contest.

Michael Rabich

Sweet!  My top goal (besides running an excellent sanctioned contest) is to make sure everyone has a blast.  

There will be a focus on food and fun...as well as serious gripping and bending.

@MRabich, have you and @Anton.Torrellamet up yet?  He's definitely coming (and lives in Astoria).

Hi! Yea I live in 11105 - I hear those guys in 11103 can't read too good so I'm assuming your mail routes pretty light - or just a lot of postcards - I'm just kidding, I lived for 4 years 2 blocks up from the post office on 30th ave - then when I got better at reading I had to move across town. I look forward to meeting you Mr. Rabich!

• Like 3

A couple of cool prizes showed up today.  Thanks Matt! @Cannon

20160411_114515.jpg

• Like 2

Some cool ass prizes have been added.  

My friend JB donated 4 Gift Certificates...$25 to FBBC, $25 to  Barrel Strength, $25 to CPW...and $25 to 5 Guys!

Additionally, I asked David Horne if you he could find some cool grip pics and he responded by sending me a number of signed photos.

The (phone) pic I took of them is grainy but they look super sharp in person.

20160412_132520.jpg

• Like 6

Good news, I'm confirmed for having the Friday the day before off from work, so I will 100% be there.

Nate, send me your Paypal email so I can toss some money your way to help feed us slobs. Seems you have enough prizes already.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Anthony C. said:

Good news, I'm confirmed for having the Friday the day before off from work, so I will 100% be there.

Nate, send me your Paypal email so I can toss some money your way to help feed us slobs. Seems you have enough prizes already.

There can never be enough prizes Anthony! :)

Everyone is definitely walking with something.

Totally not asking for anything...I truly appreciate anyone who makes the trip over.

However, if you are compelled to donate...know that it is all coming back to the competitors one way or another.

Paypal addy... thanrekop@gmail.com

Attention attendees.

The SJ3 will now only be contested with ONE hand.

The numbers have risen to the point where the entire event would really drag...and ruin our awesome lunch that the wifey is preparing. :)

Yes...you may use either hand for any event...but must stick with the hand you start with!

• Like 3

A few more things.

I've taken a little downturn health-wise, but want to assure people that the contest is a go whether or not I compete.

Tom Scibelli and Anthony Clarino have already offered to help out and keep the contest running smoothly. (Yall rock!)

It is much appreciated and the offer will be taken up on...especially if I turn into the cheering section.

I've been talking to a number of non-grip people who seem interested...it will be really cool to introduce Gripsport to others like it was done for me.

Hopefully, we can all do our best to make sure they understand what is going on and have a good time.  Let us each help spread Gripsport. :)

There is going to be a token "Gripster Traveler" thank-you award to the person who came the greatest distance to the event.  So far Chris Andrade (confirmed) is in the lead with 170 miles...but if Carl shows up...he's gonna destroy that number with a 320 mile distance.

A special shout out to Anthony, E.J., Joshua Henze (who isn't even attending), Michael Rabich for throwing in.

It's all going to the contest (food, drinks, prizes).  It's looking to be a day to remember.

Speaking of which.  I came up with a SJ3 design and while I'm going to chip in a little, we are going to have T-shirts due to the generosity of one @EJ Livesey.

Featuring the 3 sanctioned events and some bent steel...here's a basic mockup of what they will look like.

shirt 2.JPG

Each Sponsor and all attendees will be receiving one.  If yall could P.M me your shirt sizes, that would be great.

If you are not coming but would like one, hit me up with a P.M. also.

Here's a couple more pics of prizes that have been thrown in the mix.

20160421_164053.jpg20160423_085132.jpg

• Like 4

Nate, you're not chipping in for the shirts. 

For everyone bending there will be a HW and LW prize for the guy who bends the biggest bar. Once I get the prizes I'll post pics. 

• Like 2

EJ and Nate

Send me a list of any steel you need for the event. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

EJ and Nate

Send me a list of any steel you need for the event. 

I'll send you an email tonight. 

• Like 1

Damn I need to check out other parts of the forum more often--I'll say I'm a probable for this.  Wouldn't be able to make it for the morning but would love to get the chance to do some bending with this crew.  

Gotta run it past the GF but unless something changes between now and then I should be a go.  

• Like 3

I can also double up as bouncer in case things get out of hand and someone needs to get tossed out (EJ, Chez, we're looking at you guys)

Edited by Anthony C.
  • Like 4

Damn, this is looking good. 530mi might be a bit too far to convince my wife. The one car thing....

• Like 2

We have official shirts! This is so cool - Yea I'd be happy to chip in in any capacity needed too, feel free to assign duty - its awesome this has turned into such an event!

• Like 2

This event is so tempting! Even though, I got New Jersey's Strongest Man in a few weeks, I guess I'll be at this one June 11th! This is something I'll regret missing this event!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anthony C. said:

I can also double up as bouncer in case things get out of hand and someone needs to get tossed out (EJ, Chez, we're looking at you guys)

Sadly...the Chezmonster won't be there.  While we weigh in, he will be on a flight out of town with his longtime girlfriend.

I have no more to say on the subject...sniff. :(

Just spoke to Richard.  

I have to add a name to the T-shirt back.  Sorinex is throwing in.

Damn.  My cup runneth over. :bow

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Sadly...the Chezmonster won't be there.  While we weigh in, he will be on a flight out of town with his longtime girlfriend.

I have no more to say on the subject...sniff. :(

weak shit. That's all I have to say about that. 

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 3