My grip training progress

Morgan

Well that is pretty ridiculous. Great stuff Morgan. Did u sign up for the mm5? If not, you should. You will destroy it and the  MM 6

23 minutes ago, Chez said:

Well that is pretty ridiculous. Great stuff Morgan. Did u sign up for the mm5? If not, you should. You will destroy it and the  MM 6

Thanks Chez! I was planning to close my COC4(RGC204) with 20 mm block set first before signing up for MM5 and MM6.

I don't know why but to me I feel MM series are harder then their actual RGC.

Honestly, I barely made MM4 and I failed MM3 once.

So  I want to make sure I am 100% ready before I sign up for MM5 or MM6.

To be honest I have an idea of why you aren't destroying the mm grippers like you do other grippers in training. You most likely aren't resting enough before the certs. I have seen you write the thread you aren't a 100 percent because you just trained etc. I always give myself more rest before a cert and comp and it makes a huge difference. I bet if you take off more time before them, you will absolutely destroy them. Also make sure you have a routine down on cert day to warm up and prepare yourself and when you find out what works stick with it until it doesn't. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Chez said:

To be honest I have an idea of why you aren't destroying the mm grippers like you do other grippers in training. You most likely aren't resting enough before the certs. I have seen you write the thread you aren't a 100 percent because you just trained etc. I always give myself more rest before a cert and comp and it makes a huge difference. I bet if you take off more time before them, you will absolutely destroy them. Also make sure you have a routine down on cert day to warm up and prepare yourself and when you find out what works stick with it until it doesn't. 

You are right Chez. I also noticed that I did not rest enough before the certs. For next cert, I will make sure I have some good rest & sleep for at least one week.

For now, I am doing some push-up and body-weight squat before grip work out and I think this works best for me.

Also little bit of caffeine helps before grip work :) 

Edited by Morgan
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

10/17/2016 

First time recording MM7 (RGC197) Replica Attempt

Not in my best condition but worth trying.

I closed this gripper couple weeks ago but maybe because of my weight loss my grip strength is also decreasing.

I will try again this Thursday.

• Like 3

That gripper looks familiar 😜. I know you said you weren't fresh but great attempt dude. That gripper is hard the entire way through. Harder than the real mm6

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

That gripper looks familiar 😜. I know you said you weren't fresh but great attempt dude. That gripper is hard the entire way through. Harder than the real mm6

You are right. This is one tough gripper! Haha I don't know why but I feel this mm7 is almost hard as my coc4(204). Probably 7 lb is not a big difference but I always feel bb grippers are harder then coc when they have same RGC.

That one in particular has a stiff set and sweep. Makes it feel harder

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

10/21/2016

MM7 Replica Deep Set Closed (RGC197)

Did not sleep well last night but lucky I made it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

11/01/2016 

negative training 

Awesome. Hope to catch up to you guys soon and start negative training with CoC 4s and above. Though the negative with the RB piece looks annoying, I might sell my Vatiz and get an RBA with the negative handle. Why'd you sell yours?

• Like 1

Morgan-

with that Little Monster you want to avoid that end of the handle digging into your palm. Just grab it a little higher. 

Save yourself some pain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yan_Wei said:

Awesome. Hope to catch up to you guys soon and start negative training with CoC 4s and above. Though the negative with the RB piece looks annoying, I might sell my Vatiz and get an RBA with the negative handle. Why'd you sell yours?

11/01/2016 

negative training 

I sold my RBA because gripper like RBA or Vatiz is very different from regular torsion spring gripper.

RBA has almost consistent force from the beginning to the end until you close.

Torsion spring grippers gets harder as you try to close.

So for example if I try to TNS COC4(RGC204), I can make it into Parallel set or more then that.

But if I try to TNS RBA at around RGC204 setting then I cannot even start.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Morgan-

with that Little Monster you want to avoid that end of the handle digging into your palm. Just grab it a little higher. 

Save yourself some pain.

Thanks for the tip slazbob.

I do not have any pain at this point but I will try to grab little higher next time.

Because of filing, bottom part is just too narrow that I cannot put good amount of force there.

• Like 1

What rating is the monster that thing looks beastly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Roberson said:

What rating is the monster that thing looks beastly

Definetly stronger then my COC4(RGC221).

My guesstimate is RGC 245-265.

Do you have access to something like a squat rack which has holes that you can put the long handle in. It will help you with negatives since you can push down with your weight. Kinney put a hole in a tree.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chez said:

Do you have access to something like a squat rack which has holes that you can put the long handle in. It will help you with negatives since you can push down with your weight. Kinney put a hole in a tree.

I will also try that. I think I saw someome using his leg for negative.

Edited by Morgan

Just curious, where did you get your little monster gripper?

Great work by the way. What is your current goal, Tns the -RGC 204- 4 Gripper?

Hey Morgan on that RB handle you used for the coc4 . If you want to try placing the bolt that tightens the gripper down instead of facing it away from gripper try placing it side ways on opposite side of hand you'll be using to close . Seems can get a better grip with pointer finger.

• Like 1

Of course though it seems you didn't have any trouble the way you destroyed that #4 The way you was using it.😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roger Roberson said:

Hey Morgan on that RB handle you used for the coc4 . If you want to try placing the bolt that tightens the gripper down instead of facing it away from gripper try placing it side ways on opposite side of hand you'll be using to close . Seems can get a better grip with pointer finger.

I will also try the other way but I placed the RB handle like that because that way my index finger won't go up.

Edited by Morgan