My grip training progress

Morgan

Hi everyone!

This is my first post and I want to update my progress here.

I just start working out my grip from last month. 

I found out this GripBoard couple days ago and would like to learn and share good stuff with everyone here if possible.

This is me closing #3 with deep set and doing couple of mini reps.

I forgot to show the tag but this is CPW156. Will show next time!

I will post more if I have new stuff!

Edited by Morgan
  • Like 3

COC 2 TNS 35 reps (I don't know the rating for this gripper. I assume it is close to average #2)

Edited by Morgan
  • Like 2

nice work!!! will be interesting to follow your training!

/peter

• Like 1

Thanks Peter! Just checked your YouTube Chanel. Nice close you have there!

Edited by Morgan
  • Like 1

I just got GHP7 and 8 today.
I tried to close GHP8 but still have 5mm gap.
This video was taken after trying to close GHP8 couple of times so I was only able close once.
I think I can do 2 reps next time.

• Like 2

COC 3.5 (RGC 180 CPW) deep set closed

I hesitated uploading this video for awhile because the closing part is not very clear. 
This video was taken right after I close GHP8 so this was not my full power.
Hope I can upload more stable one next time.

Edited by Morgan
  • Like 1

Fantastic work dude. Your crush is really strong. I think you could add a few lbs instantly if you worked on your set technique. Check out this video. It's the best set video on the web by the master Paul Knight. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Chez said:

Fantastic work dude. Your crush is really strong. I think you could add a few lbs instantly if you worked on your set technique. Check out this video. It's the best set video on the web by the master Paul Knight. 

Thanks for the video Chez! :) I need a lot of practice on setting the gripper. Will learn from master Paul Knight video! Is it normal that I feel TNS and CCS are the same difficult level? I tried TNS and CCS with COC3(CPW156) and both I have about 3mm left. 

Edited by Morgan
  • Like 2

Most people find tns harder than CCS since they can get the gripper in the sweet spot of their hand. 

• Like 2

You have huge strength already, Morgan!  I look forward to seeing how far you take your gripper strength.  How long (in total) have you been training grippers? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bencrush said:

You have huge strength already, Morgan!  I look forward to seeing how far you take your gripper strength.  How long (in total) have you been training grippers? 

Thanks Bencrush! I just start training from last month but I have been doing bodybuilding for 8 years. I really enjoy this grip work out :)

I am going to reschedule my work out plane so I can focus on my grip more then any other work out.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Morgan said:

Thanks for the video Chez! :) I need a lot of practice on setting the gripper. Will learn from master Paul Knight video! Is it normal that I feel TNS and CCS are the same difficult level? I tried TNS and CCS with COC3(CPW156) and both I have about 3mm left. 

I feel the same as you regarding the difficulty of TNS versus CCS. For me they feel about the same in difficulty, actually often even easier with TNS than CCS. I think that has a few reasons for it but, specificity being one of the biggest factors. You simply get good at what you train. At least for me, I basically never train CCS but I will dabble with TNS-stuff. So, for me, I can get to a better "startposition" so to speak (where I start to really apply force to the gripper) via a TNS where I start with fully open hand and then kinda "climb" on to the legs of the gripper versus a CCS where I am very much not used to be at in the start of the close. As said, specificity I think plays a huge role in this... also the build of ones hand will make a difference I guess.

Also, I agree with the other (insanely strong dudes) that your crush is really strong!!!

Looking forward to seeing what you'll be smashing in the future!!!

/peter

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter Brannstrom said:

I feel the same as you regarding the difficulty of TNS versus CCS. For me they feel about the same in difficulty, actually often even easier with TNS than CCS. I think that has a few reasons for it but, specificity being one of the biggest factors. You simply get good at what you train. At least for me, I basically never train CCS but I will dabble with TNS-stuff. So, for me, I can get to a better "startposition" so to speak (where I start to really apply force to the gripper) via a TNS where I start with fully open hand and then kinda "climb" on to the legs of the gripper versus a CCS where I am very much not used to be at in the start of the close. As said, specificity I think plays a huge role in this... also the build of ones hand will make a difference I guess.

Also, I agree with the other (insanely strong dudes) that your crush is really strong!!!

Looking forward to seeing what you'll be smashing in the future!!!

/peter

Thanks Peter! I think you are right. I have been practicing only with TNS and Deep set close(probably this is the reason). I guess I need some time to get used to with CCS :)

• Like 1

Really inspiring to see. My goal is to close the CoC3 but after seeing this I could definitely take it further. Good luck in your future training.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PrincePike said:

Really inspiring to see. My goal is to close the CoC3 but after seeing this I could definitely take it further. Good luck in your future training.

Thanks PrincePike!  Will see how much I can go :)

Edited by Morgan

1 mm left.
Need to do more practice with the setting.
Next time will close it :)

Wow. I thought you just closed the ghp 8 deep set Saturday and now you are that close with 1.5 inch block. That is crazy progress 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

Wow. I thought you just closed the ghp 8 deep set Saturday and now you are that close with 1.5 inch block. That is crazy progress 

Thanks Chez! I was not expecting to close it this time but I was still surprise that I am this close to close GHP8.

Hope I can close it very soon :)  

AWESOME!!!

really cool to see this!!! Keep up the good work!!!

• Like 1

Thanks Peter! Hope I can close it next time :)

Edited by Morgan

COC 3 (RGC156 = COC 3.1) TNS closed 

• Like 1

You're ridiculously strong and have really big hands! You'll definitely get that GHP8 with the block set very soon, for sure. With hands and strength like that I think you have a good chance on the the COC#3.5 cert in the future also.

• Like 1