Fist of Fury

The Telekinesis Log

Fist of Fury

Tuesday 29/10/19

Morning

Rubber band extensions
Right hand grippers
Vulcan Lvl 6 20 mm block set: 30, 30, 30, 30, 28 (148).
A few CCS closes with #2.

Evening
Bought a set of FatGripz, after 5 years of training grip lol.
65 mm on my dumbbells. Did some rows, 2.5 reps at 56 kg with LH & couldn't lift it with RH.
FatGripz rolling handle DL - 45 kg on pin - 30 reps in 50 sec LH & 25 reps in 50 sec RH.

• Like 1

Ricochet

You'll have some fun with fat grip training.

Fist of Fury

Wednesday 30/10/19

Rubber band extensions
IMCOC 20 mm block set RH
88#: 30, 30. 98#: 15, 15. 146#: 0. 98#: 15, 15. 88#: 24, 18, 15, 15. (200).

No more grippers this week, will continue on monday.

Fatgripz RHDL - 65 kg on pin - 10 singles left hand.

• Like 2

Fist of Fury

Thursday 31/10/19

Shoulder work - various exercises and face pulls with slightly heavier load and lower reps.
Paused close grip bench - 3 reps.
Deadlift - 3 reps.
FG Deadlift, 145 kg to knee height.

Friday 1/11/19

KB swings - 30 reps.
Grippers Left hand
#1.5 x 5
#2 x 3
#3 x 1 (146)
#3 x 0 (156 missed with 1 mm)
For some reason grippers felt very good LH. Very strange since I feel really weak at thick bar right now.

Rolling Thunder Left hand
73 kg x 1 (bad lift, barely got it).

Inch Trainer Left hand
50 kg - 15 reps. (100% level).

1H Euro pinch (42 mm) with 2.5 kg on thumb side - 3x3
1H 140 mm pinch - 3x10 seconds. 13.5 kg LH & 11 kg RH.

• Like 1

Fist of Fury

I've gained about 10 kg of strength on the Inch trainer in 3 years. Progress is extremely slow, I haven't trained it as much as I could've done but it's still pretty bad I think. Around 10 kg more and I will be able to lift the Inch db, maybe not my own bell though since it weighs 80 kg. It might take around 6 years or more before I can do it. I'm definitely not talented when it comes to this, quite the opposite and worst of all, I don't think it's fun. I will try to improve my deadlifts, they actually feel quite fun to do now, first time I've ever felt like that.

• Like 2

Fist of Fury

Monday 4/11/19

I had to go in to town this morning so I thought I'd go to the gym to save some gas money. Not optimal for me to train early.

WU with shoulder work and some KB swings.
Wide grip bench - 5 reps felt okay strength wise but I tweaked my back on the fifth rep, should have warmed up more, I did a few sets of kettlebell swings but it wasn''t enough. Good thing it wasn't anything serious though.
Deadlifts with hook grip, these felt okay, considering it was early in the day. Did one single then I did 8 speed reps with 60'ish%.
Grippers right hand, used the grippers at the gym - double stamped #3 150'ish: 3, 3, 2. COC#2.5: 4, 3. Hardest #2.5 I've ever tried, 140+.
Some pinching with a 50 mm block they had plus some pinch holds with 5 kg plates and some attempts.
Reverse hyper - up to 5 reps.
Pull ups with pronated grip - 8 reps.
Seal row - 3 sets.
Chest supported row - 3 sets.
Lat pulldown close grip - 3 sets.
Leg raises 2 sets.
Some bicep curls, felt incredibly weak at these.

Grippers felt incredibly hard as well, maybe because I did them directly after deadlifts.

• Like 2

Fist of Fury

Thuesday 5/11/19

Grippers Right hand
Up to one attempt with Elite spring 165~, almost closed, less than 1 mm off.
One CCS attempt with COC#3 146#, same as before.
COC#3 146# 20 mm block set - not even 4 reps :( 
COC#2 20 mm block set - 35 reps & 20 reps.

Inch trainer Left hand
58 kg - 15 reps.

LBH Replica Left hand
Up to one attempt at 72.5 kg, got some air with it.

Very tired and without motivation. Not getting enough sleep.

Fist of Fury

I've decided to take a break from grip training for a while. Ordered a new barbell and I'm going to focus on deadlifts and bench press and all the accessories for a few months without doing any grip training (it's too time consuming and distracting). I might do some just so I don't completely forget how to do stuff but I will not be logging anything here for a few months.

• Like 1

Fist of Fury

Got some type of injury in my upper back for some reason. I have to wait and see if it gets better before I start lifting. Haven't got the barbell yet anyways. Hopefully it starts to feel better when it arrives. Have been feeling bad since Friday now. 

Can't even do everyday stuff properly but I can set grippers, which I think it's a bit strange. Did some grippers and was 1 mm from closing the #3.5 (best effort so far), did that right after hitting a new PR with the Elite spring, managed to close it at 165+ setting. Also did some wide pinch with 3rd and 4th fingers only because I can't even lift light weights without feeling it. So did some holds like that with 5-7 kg.

Was a bit surprised about this because I barely get any sleep and it feels like I'm going to get sick soon. Was expecting to be weak but instead I was stronger than ever. So I will probably train grippers once a week when I start lifting.

Hopefully

They say that just before you get sick and at the early stages of it, you are actually a bit stronger than usual. I have noticed it myself plenty of times. 

I tried a little bit to find studies that support it (or doesn't) right now but failed to do so. However there seems to be enough anecdotes reporting the phenomenon that it seems to have some kind of merit. Not everything is explored by science after all. 

• Like 1

Fist of Fury
6 hours ago, Hopefully said:

They say that just before you get sick and at the early stages of it, you are actually a bit stronger than usual. I have noticed it myself plenty of times. 

I tried a little bit to find studies that support it (or doesn't) right now but failed to do so. However there seems to be enough anecdotes reporting the phenomenon that it seems to have some kind of merit. Not everything is explored by science after all. 

Interesting, never heard about that. It's some weird thing with me right now, feels like I'm getting sick every morning when I wake up but it never breaks out :unsure

Hopefully
1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

Interesting, never heard about that. It's some weird thing with me right now, feels like I'm getting sick every morning when I wake up but it never breaks out :unsure

Probably due to your sleeping problems. I feel that sleeping bad can give me flu like symptoms and such. 

Fist of Fury
1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

Probably due to your sleeping problems. I feel that sleeping bad can give me flu like symptoms and such. 

For sure but I usually get sick when I sleep poorly for too long. It weakens the immune system.

• Thanks 1

Ricochet

You should blame those Fat-Gripz for this bout of illness!

Fist of Fury

I have trained some grippers. Did a double with the Elite sping at 165~. Also closed it with 20 mm block set. Then I've made 2-3 more attempts on the #3.5, same as before, 1-2 mm off. I will close this gripper soon because this is the first time in my life that I feel that I can actually set the gripper properly.

Tried some singles with the #3 today, did 20 singles with the 153# rated #3 in 60 minutes. Video of last close below. Could have done more but I decided that one hour was enough. 

Barbell arrives on Monday and I will start to train light and train grip once a week, maybe two if I feel like it.

• Like 1

Fist of Fury

Got the ATX bar today, really nice bar with agressive knurling, which I like, and it was not too expensive. Was doing light weights and did some kettlebell swings and some sangbag lifts. Felt tired and did not want to lift too heavy because of the back. I survived the workout, which was my goal. After I did 24 closes with the 146# #3 with 20 mm block set in 60 minutes. Started with doubles and ended with singles plus some misses. Hand is tired. Finished with some reverse cable curls and zottman curls.

Fist of Fury

Monday 25/11/19

BTR GM spring - 3x10 seconds

Putting a lot of faith in these, super tired after only 3 sets...

Fist of Fury

Wednesday 27/11/19

Still not quite fit to lift any weight that would be considered "training" so in the mean while I will train grippers.

Attempted 146# #3 with CCS and was around 1-2 mm off, with really bad sweep strength and barely any leverage with the pinky. Did 3 reps with the 156# #3 as a top set, then one attempt with Elite spring at 168+, missed with 1-2 mm. Then 3x10 seconds with the GM spring BTR. Super high intensity on the BTR work, I'm going to see stars everytime I do it and I know it will pay off big time.

Fist of Fury

Friday 29/11/19

COC#3 146# CCS attempt, best so far, only a hair away from closing it. Unfortunately I really struggle to find the right spot in the hand for this set. Once I find the optimal spot I will close it very easily.

Elite spring 168~ - closed PR.
COC#3.5 175# - Missed with a hair, best so far, trying to get this one closed with a deep set, which I feel is going to happen soon. Then I will work my way up from there.
Elite spring 168~ one attempt with 20 mm block.
COC#3 156# - 2x1 20 mm block set.

Sweep training with #2, closing the gripper with three fingers with CCS setting.

Also did a few closes with left hand with 156# and 146#.

Extensor work.

Fist of Fury

Monday 2/12/19

20 mm block set
#1.5 88# 2x10
#2 98# 5x5
#3 153# 3x1
Elite spring 168~ 2 attempts and cheat closed
GM BTR - 3x10 seconds
Felt weak and powerless.

Did some squats and also did one set of 20 reps on the RT with left hand, I was thinking of startring to train it but immediately after lifting I realized I must stay away from everything other than grippers. I will do some wrist work and very light pinch for hand health but I feel that everything else interfere with my gripper training. Even doing thick bar with the off hand takes away strength for setting the grippers.

Fist of Fury

Tuesday 3/12/19

Will train grippers four times a week. Anything less is not enough for me.

20 mm block set
Vulcan up to 8-8 with RH and up to 10-10 LH plus one attempt at B11-F10 with LH, missed with 1 mm.

Deep set
COC#3.5 175# - missed, bad attempt.
Elite spring 168~ - missed.
Elite spring 162~ - one close and one miss.

MMS
156#: 2, 3, 2, 2. 153#: 4, 3, 3, 3. 146#: 3.

Fist of Fury

Wednesday 4/12/19

Warmup with vulcan.

20 mm block set
153# - 2 reps
Elite spring 160~ - one attempt
156# - 1 rep

MMS
Left hand
153# - 1 rep
Right hand
153#: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2.

Extensors.

Fist of Fury

Thursday 5/12/19

WU with #1.5 and #2 TNS.

30 mm block set
GBI5 - 2x1
146# - 1x1
153# - 1x1
GBI5 - 1x1
Tried to "calibrate" the GBI gripper. It's been rated to 160 lbs but the narrower spread makes it feel easier than that. I would say 150 pounds compared to the COC's.

MMS
146#: 4. 153#: 2, 2, 2. 150#: 3, 3, 3, 2.

Three days of rest now, then back to feeling weak on Monday...

Year is almost over. It has been a good year for me. Compared to 2018 it has been a huge success. I finally feel that gripper training is fun again and I will not focus on anything else. I think the other grip stuff is what makes me feel bad about grip training. It's not my thing.

• Like 1