Tendonitis Log

Fist of Fury

Friday 6/9/19

Grippers right hand
#3.5 in choker. bad workout, the gripper is too hard for me to train with.

Rolling thunder left hand
Bad workout, as always, will never touch this handle again (hopefully).

Monday 9/9/19

Grippers right hand
Morning: 3 closes with 156# in 5 minutes.
6 reps with Vulcan Lvl 15 with 20 mm block set

Evening: Cardio (very hard on me, can't believe how people want to compete in these kind of sports on a high level, they must really hate themself)
3 closes with 156# in 5 minutes.
3 reps with 152#
1 rep with 152#
3 reps with 146#
Heavy set practice with RB330, one attempt, couldn't wrap my pinky around the handle completely.

Tuesday 10/9/19

Warmup with various shoulders movements, leg raise, GHD, leg press, calf raise, rev hyper, zottman curl.
DB press 3 sets.
Grippers right hand: 156# x 1 rep, 152# 4x2.
Grippers Left hand: SM BTR 3x10 seconds.
Chest supported row, 70 kg in plates - 5 reps (very difficult machine).
Lat pulldown narrow grip drop set - 100, 90, 80 & 70 kg.
Lat pulldown wide grip - 3x10 with 45 or 50 kg.
DB Row - 43 kg x 3 reps, 53 kg x 3 reps, 59 kg x 3 reps, 65 kg x 3 reps, 70 kg x 3 reps, 83 kg x 3 reps, 78 kg 3x3 reps.
Squat - 2 sets.
DB curl with 21 kg - 8 reps
Seated DB curl with 18.5 kg - a few reps.

Felt like shit, DB rows felt good, rest was bad. Worst gripper workout in a very long time now. Cardio work I did yesterday actually helped me today though, was able to do the warmup in a very quick tempo with no problems.

Wednesday 11/9/19

Rubber band extensions.
A few TNS closes with #2.
COC#2 30 mm block set speed - 3x3
SM BTR 2x10 seconds.
Elite spring 160+ one easy close RH and one cheat close LH.
SM BTR 2x10 seconds.

Probably the strongest gripper close ever for me. I have the handles set so it feels slightly harder than the 161# rated gripper I closed earlier this year. I was very surprised how easy this felt. My grip always seems to be the strongest the day after a full body workout when my body is sore. Since this is not the first time this has happened.

MM1 gripper is on it's way to me. I hope it's easier than the 156# #3 I've been using but I should have a chance even if it's harder :) 

Thursday 12/9/19

Rubber band extensions
Some TNS closes with #1.5 & #2
SM BTR 1x10 seconds
156# - 3 closes in 4 minutes
146# - 35 mm set 1 close RH
146# - MMS 1 close LH
COC#2 30 mm block set speed - 3x3
SM BTR 3x10 seconds

Left hand is not following right now. I will need a lot of luck to be able to close the MM1 with that hand right now. I don't know what the best thing would be to do now, so I will gamble and rest completely until the gripper arrives, maybe do some speed work and some prehab stuff only.

DId another session later on the evening. Tried 3 closes again with 156# and could only get it closed once. Also did 4x2 with the 146#. Decided to take three days of rest after this.

Monday 16/9/19

WU with DB curls.

Grippers right hand
COC#2 20 mm block speed 3x3
SM BTR 1x5 seconds
156#: 1, 1, 0 in 5 minutes.
152#: 1, 2, 2.
SM BTR 35 clicks in 25 seconds & 28 clicks in 23 seconds.
Vulcan Lvl 15 set practice, set once fully.

Grippers left hand
One forced close with 156#.

Barbell deadlifts
Sandbag deadlifts

Grippers is not going as I want right now. The only positive thing is that I'm still closing the 156#.

Wednesday 18/9/19

Rubberband extensions
Grippers L&R
#1.5 - 1x5
#2 - 3x3
Vulcan Lvl 6 - 1x5
Vulcan Lvl 9 - 1x3
SM BTR - 2x1
146# - 1x1

Right hand only
156# - 5 singles in 15 minutes
Vulcan Lvl 13 30 mm block set - 5 reps
SM BTR - 30 clicks in 20 seconds

2 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

When will the gripper arrive approx? 

It's in customs right now, so maybe next year or so :D 

Friday 20/9/19

Grippers right hand
146# 30 mm block set - 1x1
156# 20 mm block set - 4x1
156# MMS - 1x1
Vulcan Lvl 12 30 mm block set - 2x10

Monday 23/9/19

Grippers right hand
MMS: 1, 1, 1. 30 mm block set: 1, 1. MMS: 2, 3, 1. Also one attempt with Elite spring 160+, missed.

Grippers left hand
A couple of attempts.

2" Dumbbell Row (standing): 40 kg 3x8 L&R

Some deadlifts with hook grip.

Inch trainer row (standing): 50 kg 5 reps L&R

Felt like shit, have been sick for a week now, just ate one banana and one chicken leg and drank 180 mg of caffeine in the morning. Started to feel like shit during deadlifts, too much caffeine and too little food. I never use caffeine so I'm not used to it. Was going to do sandbag lifts but I skipped that because I did not want to pass out.

Wednesday 25/9/19

Some gripper work with 30 mm set and I managed to close the highest level with the Orange spring on the Vulcan with 20 mm block, which is a PR. It was hard, about the same as a very hard #3, maybe even harder because the setting was harder.

Did some deadlifts with hook grip and then some sandbag lifts and walked a few metres with it in the basement. Only did a couple of lifts, felt tired today, have been sick for over a week. Lost 3 kg's of body weight.

Now that I have done MM1 I'm going to do a write up on my experience with that. I happy that is over and that the gripper was not harder than the grippers I used in training for it. Now I have to keep working to get MM2, which I think is possible in a reasonable amount of time span. However, after that I probably need to change the game a little bit since the jump from 2-3 is huge. But that's in the future.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Now I have to keep working to get MM2, which I think is possible in a reasonable amount of time span. However, after that I probably need to change the game a little bit since the jump from 2-3 is huge. But that's in the future.

You will get there. The MM2 feels like 163/164 but the MM3 is the great separator and feels like 180-183 and it really binds the last 1/4 inch. Keep killing it and ride the cert momentum 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chez said:

You will get there. The MM2 feels like 163/164 but the MM3 is the great separator and feels like 180-183 and it really binds the last 1/4 inch. Keep killing it and ride the cert momentum 

Thanks Chez, I will for sure. I think my best crush performance was around 163-165 lbs so I know I have it in me. Just need to work my low level up there.

This mm thing is so weird and secret. I don't know if I like it. It's a box of chocolate. Never know what you gonna get. Somebody has to do the spin and rate these grippers.

20 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

This mm thing is so weird and secret. I don't know if I like it. It's a box of chocolate. Never know what you gonna get. Somebody has to do the spin and rate these grippers.

Yes I agree that the grippers should be rated by Matt (but nobody else).

• Like 1

Thursday 26/7/19

TNS grippers with #2 - 5x5 L&R
Some light wrist work with sledge hammer.
1HP 140 mm up to 18.5 kg and missed at 20+ kg.
Inch trainer 50 kg - 3 lifts L&R.
Inch trainer 68 kg - one attempt with strict grip, about 50% of a full lift L&R, then with braced grip, 3 reps L&R.
The good thing is that I have not lost any strength on thick bar, it seems like I can get the same amount of air with this weight as I could two years ago when I trained tick bar more, now I haven't trained it for over two months.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:33 AM, Goran Paulinič said:

Be aware that the MM grippers are not to be rated.  Even suggesting this will likely earn a moderator's attention.  And the MM grippers are not like a box of chocolate.  You know EXACTLY what you are going to get.  The specific MM gripper that everyone else got when they signed up and went through the process.  You might not know the rating, but it is the same gripper for everyone.  It's also not a secret process.  There are pinned topics on the MM grippers. 

Going to put a lot of focus on grippers and overhead press for a while now. I will train both these four times a week. I feel more motivation than ever on grippers now after MM1. I did not expect that, so that was a pleasant surprise. 

I'm going to do grippers and OHP four days a week each, 1HP twice a week and thick bar once a week. Then do some different types of accessory work for grip and for the upper body, which I will put in rotation.

• Like 1

Monday 30/9/19

Bought some new stuff to train with, one sandbag, loaded it up to 65 kg and one kettlebell. Plus some other stuff. Need to get some more sand to fill the other bag and I will probably buy another bag too, so I have at least three different weights to work with.

Some tricep and bicep work in cable machine.

Sandbag deadlifts 65 kg 5x2.

Grippers
Vulcan 30 mm block set Lvl 11 - 5x10 L&R.
COC# 152# - 3x1 MMS right hand.
Vulcan 30 mm block set Lvl 11 1x10, Lvl 12 3x5 right hand.

Left hand
Inch DB negatives 2x2.
Inch trainer 68 kg - 3.5 reps.

Was going to do some presses but I slept very poorly and I was very tired and weak, So I'll do it tomorrow instead.

I have finally decided to not ever do any serious thick bar training with right hand. At least not until I can get MM2. It just doesn't work for me, my recovery is not quick enough. I might do some very light thick bar work as prehab but I will not try to get stronger at it. 

Tuesday 1/10/19

Rubber band extensions

Grippers
30 mm block set
#1.5 - 3x5
#2 - 3x3
SM BTR - 1x5 seconds
GBI G5 - 1x1 (forced closed with LH)
Elite spring 160+ MMS attempt - nope (RH only)
Vulcan Lvl 11 - 5x10
Vulcan Lvl 12 - 3x6 (RH only)

Light face pulls and bicep curls.

Seated press - 45 kg - 7x2, 1x3. I've lost at least 10 kg of strength in presses, haven't trained it since May. Could do at least 70 kg seated back then, now my max is maybe 60. So I will start at 45 kg and use the Doug Hepburn routine. Will do volume for two weeks until I'm doing 8x3, then I will change to singles and do that for two weeks, starting at five singles and ending at eight singles every week, adding 2.5 kg on the second week for the singles. Will be interesting to see how long I can progress with it. Need to start train my triceps more again as well.

DB Row
41.35 kg - 1x8
51.35 kg - 1x5
61.35 kg - 1x5
71.35 kg - 11 reps with left arm and 6 reps with right arm. This setup is very hard for the grip because the handle is 35 mm and the plates are on there tightly, I intentionally didn't lock them hard this time but it's still much harder than all other dumbbells I've tried. 

Lat pull-down wide grip
55 kg with control, 3 sets.

1H deadlift with 25 mm RH
100 kg 1x1
95 kg 2x1

"2 DB Clean
40 kg 3x1, getting started with these again. My best clean was 48 kg with the Inch trainer and right after I did that I could lift 78 kg on the same trainer handle. I'm nowhere near that now and I know it's because I haven't trained DB cleans and my biceps.

I think pretty much all the equipment I'm using at home is harder than on most other places. I didn't plan it to be like this. It's just the way it has turned out to be :laugh

Wednesday 2/10/19

Seated press 45 kg - 6x2, 2x3.
1H pinch 140 mm - 10 kg on pin 3x3 RH & 12.5 kg on pin 3x3 LH.
1H Euro Pinch (42 mm) - 26.5 kg 3x10 seconds LH & 3x6 seconds RH.
Side lateral raise - 3x12
Side lateral raise with cable machine - 2x10

Thursday 3/10/19

Started with grippers in the morning, right hand only, I will only do left hand 1-2 a week.

30 mm block set
#1.5 - 3x5.
#2 - 3x5.
SM BTR - 1x5 seconds.
GBI G5 - 1x1.
Attempt on 152# #3 - couldn't close it, my setting is is off for this set right now.
Vulcan Lvl 11 - 5x10.
Vulcan Lvl 12 - 7, 6, 8.
Did this in a high tempo and got a good pump.

Later...

KB swings.
Deadlifts with hook grip.
Seated press - 45 kg - 5x2, 3x3.
COC#3 146# MMS - 3x5 (RH only).
Tricep Superset
1H cable pull / 1H cable push: 10/8, 10/8, 8/6.
Bicep Superset
2H rev wide grip cable curl / 2H wide grip cable curl: 10/8, 10/8, 10/5.
Sandbag lifts and squats - 3 sets.

• Like 1

Friday 4/10/19

Did grippers with right hand, don't remember exactly what I did but I felt weak. I tried Lvl 15 on vulcan with 30 mm block and I missed it with a hair.

Saturday 5/10/19

Seated press - 45 kg 4x2, 4x3.
1H Euro Pinch (42mm) - 26.5 kg 3x3.
1HP 140 mm - 12.5 kg on pin 3x10 seconds LH & 10 kg on pin - 3x6 seconds RH.

Monday 7/10/19

Tried some grippers, did 2 singles with the 153# #3 with LH and RH felt very tired, so I will rest for two weeks from grippers now.
Seated press - 45 kg 3x2, 5x3.
KB swings and light bicep curls
Dumbbell row:
41.35 kg 1x5
56.35 kg 1x5
61.35 kg 1x3
76.35 kg 1x4
81.35 kg 1x4 LH & 1x3 RH

Felt tired and lost interest. I'm going to train less grippers for a while, maybe once a week (after I have rested for two weeks), see if I can get a PR, then after that I will start doing more volume again.

Wednesday 9/10/19

Seated press - 45 kg 2x2, 6x3
some BU cleans with KB.

Thursday 10/10/19

Deadlifts with barbell and with sandbag

Thickbar left hand only
Inch db attempts - 3x2 I can get a tiny bit of air with it, probably need 5-7 kg more strength to be able to lift it.
Inch trainer 68 kg - 3.5 reps.
Inch db negatives - 1x3

25 mm RH deadlift - 102.5 kg 1x1 L&R.
Square rolling handle - 40 kg on pin - 3x10 seconds L & 3x6 seconds RH.

1H Euro pinch - 26.5 kg 3x10 seconds LH & 3x6 seconds RH.
1HP 140 mm - 12.5 kg on pin 3x10 seconds LH & 10 kg on pin 3x6 seconds RH.