Breaking Bones & Shedding Skin

WestSlope

Do you have a good way to choker grippers? I use hose clamps with athletic tape under them, but they move around and threaten to pinch my skin.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fist of Fury

• Hopefully

• bruce1337

• Lennix

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will do a write up on the MM1 process now when the gripper is finally back where it should be again. Swedish postal service didn't make that process easy I can tell you  Getting certified on the

Ok, I will set a bold goal. Red nail should be bent reverse in singles before the month of august this year. I will try my best, I won't be disappointed if I fail but I will be very happy if I succeed

Sunday 27/10/19 Rubber band extensions Grippers CCS #1.5 3x5 RH & #2 - 3 reps LH. #2 - 3 reps RH. GM spring 135~: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2. (50). Mig

Posted Images

Fist of Fury
12 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Do you have a good way to choker grippers? I use hose clamps with athletic tape under them, but they move around and threaten to pinch my skin.

I do the same way as CPW does and I also remove the handles so I can adjust the difficulty level even more.

I never use hose clamps anymore, since one of them just flew off once. Scared the shit out of me :D 

• Like 1
WestSlope
19 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I do the same way as CPW does and I also remove the handles so I can adjust the difficulty level even more.

I never use hose clamps anymore, since one of them just flew off once. Scared the shit out of me :D 

I could see the clamp popping off the top for sure 🤕. I bought parts to choke CPW (Corcorran) style. I better just suck it up and see if I can get it done.

Fist of Fury
31 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

I could see the clamp popping off the top for sure 🤕. I bought parts to choke CPW (Corcorran) style. I better just suck it up and see if I can get it done.

It's pretty simple, you don't need expensive or advanced tools. Just a heater gun, a vice, a drill and some threading tools.

It might cost a bit but you really only need 2-3 grippers like this if you make them adjustable.

• Like 1
Fist of Fury

31/5/21

Right Hand Choked Gripper
GM Spring 155~ 17.5 mm - 8x1

Left Hand
Vulcan Lvl 12 CCS close
Vulcan Lvl 16 mms maybe closed
Vulcan Lvl 17 cheat close with 7 second hold
COC#4 212# one setting attempt
Vulcan Lvl 14 20 mm block: 8, 8, 7.

1HP 70 mm
21 kg~ 3x3 L&R

Leverage Block Curl
3 kg plates - 2x8
5 kg plates - 1x3
L&R

Fist of Fury

1/6/21

Right Hand Choked Grippers
GM Spring 155~ 18.5 mm - 7x1 & 1x0

These hurt a lot, skin isn't healed properly and I'm using the callus in my palm so the gripper wont slip back in my hand. Fortunately I have some other stuff to do for 2-3 days now so I can rest from grip training a few days. My hope is to do 5+ singles from at least 23 mm before I move up to the Elite spring. I was doing the #3.5 from 22.8 mm for multiple singles when my crush was about 0.5 mm from closing that gripper with MMS. Good thing I have a lot of stuff logged so I can measure my progress and compare it with past results.

Fist of Fury

4/6/21

GM Spring 155~ 19 mm - 10x1

Left Hand Grippers
Vulcan Lvl13 - 1.5" Block - 2 reps
Vulcan Lvl17 - 1x1
Vulcan Lvl18 - 1 attempt, couldn't set it to parallel
Vulcan Lvl15 20 mm block - 3x3
Vulcan Filed Orange Spring 8-8: 20 clicks

1HP 70 mm
21 kg ~ 3x3 L&R

Leverage Block Curl
3 kg plates - 2x9
5 kg plates - 1x3
5.5 kg plates - 1x2
L&R

Fist of Fury

5/6/21

Choked Gripper
GM Spring 155~
21.5 mm x 1
23.5 mm x 1
20 mm 3x1

Left hand
20 mm - 2x1

Supination & Pronation
3x5 L&R

Fist of Fury

8/6/21

GM Spring 155~
20 mm - 7x1, 1x0

Left Hand Grippers
Vulcan Lvl18 - 1x10 sec isometric crush, managed to set it and do a proper negative. I had to cheat a little bit by setting it slightly further back in the hand. My goal is to close this soon. I think I will do it as soon as I can set it in the right position.

Lvl13 20 mm block set: 8, 4. This felt awfully hard. Arms are really sore from wrist training and I was probably tired from the negative crush as well.

1HP 70 mm
21~ kg - 3x4
26.5~ kg - 1x1
L&R

Leverage Block Curl
3 kg plates - 2x10
5.5 kg plates - 2x2

Fist of Fury

10/6/21

Elite Spring 165~
14 mm - 5x1

Left Hand Grippers
Vulcan Lvl12 20 mm block set: 18, 15, 14.

1HP 70 mm
21~ kg - 3x4
L&R

Leverage Block Curl
2.5 kg plates x 12
5 kg plates x 3
6 kg plates x 1
5 kg plates 3x3
L&R