Breaking Bones & Shedding Skin

Fist of Fury

Done some wrist training, including some pronation and radial work.

Tried 15 kg plate, it feels like a long way to go but I don't know, maybe it isn't. Feels like I'm gaining strength fast in this exercise so it might feel worse than it really is. I feel the thinner plates are harder. Definitely feels better with thicker plates/objects.

Today I did some work with the 35x35 block again. Manage to do reps with it now. Also did some reps with the leverage block, getting stronger with it. Can do reps with 6.5 kg now. Feels like a good working weight for sets of 3 reps right now so I will continue with that.

Can set my #3 gripper but the knurling is so smooth it just slides in my hand. Need to buy better chalk. Will also buy a lighter #3 to train with. I've decided I want to be able to close a #3 for as long as I possibly can. So far I've been able to do that since the summer of 2016.
However I haven't closed a #3 since christmas eve 2020. So I need to try a bit harder now.

Manage to close my Grand Master spring at highest setting, which is around 155 lbs. So that's a good sign. It means it's just a friction issue I'm having with my #3.

Done some pinching also, forgot to log that. Pinch is only around 30 kg's now. Which is fine because I haven't trained it at all for years. I think it was 2018 when I last trained pinch consistently.

Really difficult for me to cope with the heat. Can't get anything done, I just don't function well at all with the sun in the sky for 12+ hours every day. I just wish it could start to rain for the rest of the summer.

Getting a bit stronger at plate lifts. I can feel improvement, it's not much but any improvement is welcome. It will take a long time to be strong at this. Definitely one of the harder exercises you can do.

Tried to bend a few rebars I found, I can bend them at 180 mm but I can't bend them when they are shorter nor longer anymore.

Bunch of plate curls. getting stronger. Some gripper attempts, closed chrome spring lvl 17 with left hand. Lvl 15 with right hand. Also made a good attempt on my very hard #3. Only a few mm's from closing it so I think I'm making improvement there as well. Maybe I don't need a lighter #3 to be able to keep my streak of closing the #3. Probably going to get one anyways just to be sure.

Also bent some rebar, I have a few pieces left which I will bend. Rest of them are really short so it's going to get difficult for me. I will bend them as far as I can.

Found out that I actually had 4 m of rebar left which I didn't know about. Guess I'm going to bend it until it's all gone. Can work with 7 kg on the leverage block now. So I'm still making improvements. Worked a bit with a sledge yesterday and did some DO bends.

Brick lifts has stagnated, however I have barely been able to train it for the last two weeks. At least my previous max is very easy now. So hopefully I'll be able to do 20 kg pretty soon with some training.

Grippers are really hit or miss, one day it's under 140# and the other day it's above 150#. I guess that is the way it should be when I don't train them.