Breaking Bones & Shedding Skin

Fist of Fury

Ok, I will set a bold goal. Red nail should be bent reverse in singles before the month of august this year. I will try my best, I won't be disappointed if I fail but I will be very happy if I succeed. This will give me six months to train and I will try to find out a good training plan for it.

• Like 4
  • Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fist of Fury

• Hopefully

• bruce1337

• Lennix

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will do a write up on the MM1 process now when the gripper is finally back where it should be again. Swedish postal service didn't make that process easy I can tell you  Getting certified on the

Ok, I will set a bold goal. Red nail should be bent reverse in singles before the month of august this year. I will try my best, I won't be disappointed if I fail but I will be very happy if I succeed

Sunday 27/10/19 Rubber band extensions Grippers CCS #1.5 3x5 RH & #2 - 3 reps LH. #2 - 3 reps RH. GM spring 135~: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2. (50). Mig

Posted Images

Slippery Pete

That would be epic! Good luck :)

Fist of Fury
8 minutes ago, Slippery Pete said:

That would be epic! Good luck :)

Thanks (I need it) but it should be possible (at some point) if my thumb doesn't fall off :D 

bruce1337

What wraps will you use to attempt the feat? If its horrido leather I have no doubt you could do it in 6 months 💪 good luck

Fist of Fury
11 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

What wraps will you use to attempt the feat? If its horrido leather I have no doubt you could do it in 6 months 💪 good luck

I usually use the Horrido leather but I find the leather David sells now is also very good, it's thicker than the suede wraps he had previously and they get very hard with use. But Horrido leather is still a bit easier.

bruce1337
11 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I usually use the Horrido leather but I find the leather David sells now is also very good, it's thicker than the suede wraps he had previously and they get very hard with use. But Horrido leather is still a bit easier.

@David_wigren gave me some old David Horne suede when I first started bending. Its like 1.2mm thick and soft as hell. I may as well have used toilet paper 😂 because they got torn through pretty easily. But on the plus side once I made the switch to IMPs they were an UPGRADE, felt much better to bend in them.

I might buy some new suede from horne especially if im going to start horseshoe bending as well.

Fist of Fury
14 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

@David_wigren gave me some old David Horne suede when I first started bending. Its like 1.2mm thick and soft as hell. I may as well have used toilet paper 😂 because they got torn through pretty easily. But on the plus side once I made the switch to IMPs they were an UPGRADE, felt much better to bend in them.

I might buy some new suede from horne especially if im going to start horseshoe bending as well.

Yes that's the thickness they used to be. I always bend in those, the new ones is much easier. 4.6 vagnsbult at 140 mm feels harder in those thin suedes than 166 kg G5 bolt in the new leathers does.

Then IMP's then Horrido leather. Although I'm not 100% sure about the new leathers vs IMP's beacuse I haven't A/B-tested them yet. Need to order some new IMP's. New IMP's is always better for me, after a while they get more difficult when they get softer. I think the difference is quite significant actually.

Fist of Fury

Got old mans cramp in my right trapezius muscle for no reason about an hour after I woke up. Not a good start of the day.

Tried some reverse bending, managed to bend 8 mm rebars at 180 mm (biltema) in single leathers 6 cm from the ends. Got it past 50 degrees. Felt less painful than when I did it last time so I decided to try another one but only got the initial kink on that one to 20 degrees.

Then I did WD2 level 6, 20 reps each side.

Was going to do squats but I will do that tomorrow instead and will do some braced bending as well then.

I have ordered some Grade 12.9 bolts at 6x150 mm which I'm going to try to train strict reverse bending with. Will order some 8.8 bolts as well to train DU with soon.

• Like 1
Fist of Fury

Woke up with pain in my right elbow. Actually the first time I get any elbow pain from reverse bending. Nothing serious i think, doesn't hurt that much.

Did some DO bending at the gym. Did some 8 mm rebars, worked myself up to 275 mm gave it a long good hit, increased the pressure gradually up to around 95% of my max. Got no movement and decided to quit there so I wouldn't tear something. You can quite easily do that when bending bars this long DO.

After that I went back to 180 mm and these bars feels so tiny now. I'm 100% confident that training with longer bars will improve my kink on shorter bars down to 7". It's so much easier to get in a good position now when I've trained with longer bars for a few months.

Also from now on I will only kink the long bars and not crush them down, that's pointless, I will leave them open for snapping instead.

Did squats and some seated cable rows as well.

• Like 1
bruce1337

I will have to also try the rebar at long lengths DO to see if it helps with my shorter steel bending. 

• Like 1
Fist of Fury
10 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

I will have to also try the rebar at long lengths DO to see if it helps with my shorter steel bending. 

Do it but be careful and make sure you warmup properly before.

Fist of Fury

Got some 8.8 bolts and some hex and square steel today.

M8 x 150 mm 8.8 bolts was easy to bend braced. Gives me some hope, I think I'll be able to train with them DO. Tried 8 mm hex at 160 mm, wanted to test them and see how it compares to the bolts. I think these are fairly easy 8.8 bolts. They feel about the same as the EN3B CRS I've bent before. So between 210-240 kg I would guess, hard to say exactly because I only slept for 4 hours and I was tired, did these without any warmup.

Was shocked how hard the hex steel was, couldn't budge it at all. So I will wait with 10 mm rebar until I can bend these.

Also got some 6 mm square to train reverse with, I have no idea of the difficulty of it but I can always cut it down shorter if it's too easy. I have a feeling it will be hard, based on how hard the 8 mm hex was. It's probably good quality steel.

• Like 1
Fist of Fury

Only the shorter 8.8 bolts I bought was of the easier kind. 180 & 200 mm was much harder. Probably closer to 300 kg if not over that. Can't get any kink on them braced, bar starts to flex a little bit but springs back before I can put anymore pressure on it.

Managed to kink them both DO to around 2 degrees in doubles. So I'm still stronger in that technique if I use the same wrapping. However I will stay away from hard isometrics like this for DO because my right arm doesn't like it.

The shorter 160 mm bolt is much easier, a little harder than a red nail I would say. Might be possible to reverse bend in the future.

• Like 1
Fist of Fury

Silver bullet with hard #3 and 3 kg dumbbell

28 seconds
18 seconds

I almost rather pinch train with a cheese grater than doing this. Couldn't open my hand for over a minute after the first hold.

Fist of Fury

Finally ordered some horseshoes. I bet most of them will be too hard for me. Should be fun to try it atleast.

I ordered a few that were listed for top-20 so I have something to aim for. Not sure whats best to do, just train at a specific size or progress to smaller shoes, I guess I will find out.

Fist of Fury

Sledge hammer face lever - Did somewhere between 5-10 singles with 10 lbs sledge.

Actually first time I ever do these, I wanted to try them. I really need to strengthen my ulnar deviation. Will work more with the sledge from now on.

Fist of Fury

Tried some reverse bending with harder 8 mm rebar. Managed to kink it past 20 degrees but it hurt a lot so I wasn't really able to hit it again. But as soon as this doesn't hurt too much I will be able to complete it because the sweep is easier than on the other rebar I have, which I've already bent. The sheer pain stopped me today.

Happy about this result, actually didn't think I would move it at all. Pretty confident I will bend a red fairly soon, as long as I don't get some super hard red nails. However, the biggest problem now is to actually get a hold of some red nails. Might have to go with some A4 & A2 bolts first before i can find some reds.

bruce1337

You may as well go for the A4 and A2 reverse certs while youre at it 💪

Fist of Fury
4 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

You may as well go for the A4 and A2 reverse certs while youre at it 💪

Not sure I want to bend stainless steel or any bolts anymore. I hate it. Will try to get some bends done with rated steel from WoG instead I think.

One of the 8.8 bolts I bought might be possible, I couldn't feel much difference between it and the harder rebar. Was bending it very easily to around 100 mm between the legs then it became a brick as usual.

Fist of Fury

Pathetic attempt on Kerckhaert 16x8 #2 F-UC. I ordered around 5-6 shoes I thought I would be training with and a few to have as a goal. This was the only shoe I could even move, the ones I order as goal shoes will probably remain a dream. Felt like my leg was going to get crushed attempting this shoe and it's supposed to be a beginners shoe to bend. I have to say I truly underestimated how hard this is. Will try to order some shoes that I can bend next time. But it's quite expensive so I might just don't bother, pretty sure it's not my thing. It's always worth to try atleast.

IMG_2669.thumb.JPG.0dad407e37dbfb7d73789ac34df18a25.JPG

Slippery Pete

Which shoes did you get? 
You will get the hang of it! One thing I have felt with horseshoes is that it hurt so much more if you hesitate, or if you slowly push the shoe into your leg.

Fist of Fury
12 minutes ago, Slippery Pete said:

Which shoes did you get? 
You will get the hang of it! One thing I have felt with horseshoes is that it hurt so much more if you hesitate, or if you slowly push the shoe into your leg.

I don't know, the sad thing is that it feels good. It really feels like I know what I'm doing, I'm just weak. But maybe I'm wrong. I will try some more and see.

Fist of Fury

Wrist Developer CROM Spring
Lvl 10 - 8x3
Lvl 12 - Almost
Lvl - 11x 1

Leathers was trashed at the ends so I had to cut them down to 250 mm and now I can't bend the rebar anymore. Could only get them to around 6 degrees with that padding.

Still waiting for grade 12.9 bolts to arrive but I guess when they arrive I will have lost most of my strength I had. Kinda hard to stay motivated right now, it's always something...

Fist of Fury

Turned out the 12.9 bolts I got was even harder than the grade 8 bolts I've been trying before. Way springier and super hard to bend even double overhand because of the amount of spring they have. Never ever experience any other material this springy, absolutely absurd that one person has bent this type of bolt at M8 size. Sure 180 mm but still. I don't even understand how it's possible...

I can literally feel how they spring back on me during a hit, which is something I never felt before. Not with  other bolts, not with stainless etc. Absurd it is.

I've lost some strength reverse but managed 6 degrees with thin suedes touching. Not a good result but not that bad either since I'm weaker now. Then bend some double overhand, quite good crush practice. Will try to plow through all of these and maybe my crush will improve a bit.

• Like 2