Tendonitis Log

Fist of Fury

Silver bullet with hard #3 and 3 kg dumbbell

28 seconds
18 seconds

I almost rather pinch train with a cheese grater than doing this. Couldn't open my hand for over a minute after the first hold.

Finally ordered some horseshoes. I bet most of them will be too hard for me. Should be fun to try it atleast.

I ordered a few that were listed for top-20 so I have something to aim for. Not sure whats best to do, just train at a specific size or progress to smaller shoes, I guess I will find out.

Sledge hammer face lever - Did somewhere between 5-10 singles with 10 lbs sledge.

Actually first time I ever do these, I wanted to try them. I really need to strengthen my ulnar deviation. Will work more with the sledge from now on.

Tried some reverse bending with harder 8 mm rebar. Managed to kink it past 20 degrees but it hurt a lot so I wasn't really able to hit it again. But as soon as this doesn't hurt too much I will be able to complete it because the sweep is easier than on the other rebar I have, which I've already bent. The sheer pain stopped me today.

Happy about this result, actually didn't think I would move it at all. Pretty confident I will bend a red fairly soon, as long as I don't get some super hard red nails. However, the biggest problem now is to actually get a hold of some red nails. Might have to go with some A4 & A2 bolts first before i can find some reds.

You may as well go for the A4 and A2 reverse certs while youre at it 💪

4 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

You may as well go for the A4 and A2 reverse certs while youre at it 💪

Not sure I want to bend stainless steel or any bolts anymore. I hate it. Will try to get some bends done with rated steel from WoG instead I think.

One of the 8.8 bolts I bought might be possible, I couldn't feel much difference between it and the harder rebar. Was bending it very easily to around 100 mm between the legs then it became a brick as usual.

Pathetic attempt on Kerckhaert 16x8 #2 F-UC. I ordered around 5-6 shoes I thought I would be training with and a few to have as a goal. This was the only shoe I could even move, the ones I order as goal shoes will probably remain a dream. Felt like my leg was going to get crushed attempting this shoe and it's supposed to be a beginners shoe to bend. I have to say I truly underestimated how hard this is. Will try to order some shoes that I can bend next time. But it's quite expensive so I might just don't bother, pretty sure it's not my thing. It's always worth to try atleast.

IMG_2669.thumb.JPG.0dad407e37dbfb7d73789ac34df18a25.JPG

Which shoes did you get? 
You will get the hang of it! One thing I have felt with horseshoes is that it hurt so much more if you hesitate, or if you slowly push the shoe into your leg.

12 minutes ago, Slippery Pete said:

Which shoes did you get? 
You will get the hang of it! One thing I have felt with horseshoes is that it hurt so much more if you hesitate, or if you slowly push the shoe into your leg.

I don't know, the sad thing is that it feels good. It really feels like I know what I'm doing, I'm just weak. But maybe I'm wrong. I will try some more and see.

Wrist Developer CROM Spring
Lvl 10 - 8x3
Lvl 12 - Almost
Lvl - 11x 1

Leathers was trashed at the ends so I had to cut them down to 250 mm and now I can't bend the rebar anymore. Could only get them to around 6 degrees with that padding.

Still waiting for grade 12.9 bolts to arrive but I guess when they arrive I will have lost most of my strength I had. Kinda hard to stay motivated right now, it's always something...

Turned out the 12.9 bolts I got was even harder than the grade 8 bolts I've been trying before. Way springier and super hard to bend even double overhand because of the amount of spring they have. Never ever experience any other material this springy, absolutely absurd that one person has bent this type of bolt at M8 size. Sure 180 mm but still. I don't even understand how it's possible...

I can literally feel how they spring back on me during a hit, which is something I never felt before. Not with  other bolts, not with stainless etc. Absurd it is.

I've lost some strength reverse but managed 6 degrees with thin suedes touching. Not a good result but not that bad either since I'm weaker now. Then bend some double overhand, quite good crush practice. Will try to plow through all of these and maybe my crush will improve a bit.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Need to train in some form otherwise I will die of boredom I think.

Done some wrist work last weekend, with leverage block and with 1 m bar.

Also done some grippers. I will focus only on choked grippers and dynamos from now on, I just can't set the hard grippers no matter how I train. It's just a waste of time trying. Also no more steel bending ever because I only get injured from it.

Starting at an appropriate level for me now which is:

Grand Master Spring set to 155~ lbs. choked to 15 mm
6x1 RH
4x1 LH

Dynamo Up to:
107.1 kg RH
93 kg LH
Need to get consistently over 110 kg again before i can start working with a 3.5 again.

Isometric crush with COC#4 212 lbs
1x1 L&R
More like open hand training since I can't set it. I think I will use thick bar for this training instead since i don't care about setting grippers anymore.

12 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Do you have a good way to choker grippers? I use hose clamps with athletic tape under them, but they move around and threaten to pinch my skin.

I do the same way as CPW does and I also remove the handles so I can adjust the difficulty level even more.

I never use hose clamps anymore, since one of them just flew off once. Scared the shit out of me :D 

31 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

I could see the clamp popping off the top for sure 🤕. I bought parts to choke CPW (Corcorran) style. I better just suck it up and see if I can get it done.

It's pretty simple, you don't need expensive or advanced tools. Just a heater gun, a vice, a drill and some threading tools.

It might cost a bit but you really only need 2-3 grippers like this if you make them adjustable.

31/5/21

Right Hand Choked Gripper
GM Spring 155~ 17.5 mm - 8x1

Left Hand
Vulcan Lvl 12 CCS close
Vulcan Lvl 16 mms maybe closed
Vulcan Lvl 17 cheat close with 7 second hold
COC#4 212# one setting attempt
Vulcan Lvl 14 20 mm block: 8, 8, 7.

1HP 70 mm
21 kg~ 3x3 L&R

Leverage Block Curl
3 kg plates - 2x8
5 kg plates - 1x3
L&R

1/6/21

Right Hand Choked Grippers
GM Spring 155~ 18.5 mm - 7x1 & 1x0

These hurt a lot, skin isn't healed properly and I'm using the callus in my palm so the gripper wont slip back in my hand. Fortunately I have some other stuff to do for 2-3 days now so I can rest from grip training a few days. My hope is to do 5+ singles from at least 23 mm before I move up to the Elite spring. I was doing the #3.5 from 22.8 mm for multiple singles when my crush was about 0.5 mm from closing that gripper with MMS. Good thing I have a lot of stuff logged so I can measure my progress and compare it with past results.

4/6/21

GM Spring 155~ 19 mm - 10x1

Left Hand Grippers
Vulcan Lvl13 - 1.5" Block - 2 reps
Vulcan Lvl17 - 1x1
Vulcan Lvl18 - 1 attempt, couldn't set it to parallel
Vulcan Lvl15 20 mm block - 3x3
Vulcan Filed Orange Spring 8-8: 20 clicks

1HP 70 mm
21 kg ~ 3x3 L&R

Leverage Block Curl
3 kg plates - 2x9
5 kg plates - 1x3
5.5 kg plates - 1x2
L&R

5/6/21

Choked Gripper
GM Spring 155~
21.5 mm x 1
23.5 mm x 1
20 mm 3x1

Left hand
20 mm - 2x1

Supination & Pronation
3x5 L&R

8/6/21

GM Spring 155~
20 mm - 7x1, 1x0

Left Hand Grippers
Vulcan Lvl18 - 1x10 sec isometric crush, managed to set it and do a proper negative. I had to cheat a little bit by setting it slightly further back in the hand. My goal is to close this soon. I think I will do it as soon as I can set it in the right position.

Lvl13 20 mm block set: 8, 4. This felt awfully hard. Arms are really sore from wrist training and I was probably tired from the negative crush as well.

1HP 70 mm
21~ kg - 3x4
26.5~ kg - 1x1
L&R

Leverage Block Curl
3 kg plates - 2x10
5.5 kg plates - 2x2

10/6/21

Elite Spring 165~
14 mm - 5x1

Left Hand Grippers
Vulcan Lvl12 20 mm block set: 18, 15, 14.

1HP 70 mm
21~ kg - 3x4
L&R

Leverage Block Curl
2.5 kg plates x 12
5 kg plates x 3
6 kg plates x 1
5 kg plates 3x3
L&R

• 4 weeks later...

June-July

Not much happening. Grippers is definitely over for me. Will only use them as warmup and rehab. Can't make any progress at anything that requires muscle strength. Can still make progress at tendon based lifts like plate curling so that's what I've been focusing mostly on.

Done some improvements but not much, but it's decent for only one month.

Been doing some biceps and triceps work as well. Will continue doing that. Will try to focus more on biceps and maybe it will help plate curling a bit.

• Like 1

Pretty fun training today. I found a few bolts I hadn't bent yet so I bent all three reverse in succession and got reminded on the third why I don't bend anymore :D

Can't DO bend what I used to bend reverse 7 months ago. But' that's okay. My red nail reverse goal died a long time ago anyways. Steel bending is too harsh on the hands for me.

I will stick to wrist and finger training. Still making progress. Closing in on 20 kg on brick lifts now. Would be awesome if I could be able to pull that off soon. That and 15 kg eleiko plate curl is my goal for now.

• Like 1

Found a bunch of "plates" that you walk on (have no (bad word filter)ing idea what they are called in english :D )

35 x 35 cm and weight is 14 kg. Manage to do strict curl with them. Felt harder than 10 kg bumper plates, so it's probably a good stepping stone to a 15 kg plate curl. Will go to the gym later when the sun is hiding again, which will be close to midnight 🤒

I will try to see how 15 kg plates feel like now, they have two different sizes there. Should be interesting to see how the feel.

Done some wrist training, including some pronation and radial work.

Tried 15 kg plate, it feels like a long way to go but I don't know, maybe it isn't. Feels like I'm gaining strength fast in this exercise so it might feel worse than it really is. I feel the thinner plates are harder. Definitely feels better with thicker plates/objects.

Today I did some work with the 35x35 block again. Manage to do reps with it now. Also did some reps with the leverage block, getting stronger with it. Can do reps with 6.5 kg now. Feels like a good working weight for sets of 3 reps right now so I will continue with that.

Can set my #3 gripper but the knurling is so smooth it just slides in my hand. Need to buy better chalk. Will also buy a lighter #3 to train with. I've decided I want to be able to close a #3 for as long as I possibly can. So far I've been able to do that since the summer of 2016.
However I haven't closed a #3 since christmas eve 2020. So I need to try a bit harder now.

Manage to close my Grand Master spring at highest setting, which is around 155 lbs. So that's a good sign. It means it's just a friction issue I'm having with my #3.

Done some pinching also, forgot to log that. Pinch is only around 30 kg's now. Which is fine because I haven't trained it at all for years. I think it was 2018 when I last trained pinch consistently.