to the side: 2x20
behind head: 2x15
to chest: 2x15

Split squat - 3 sets.

Bench -  3 sets.

Grippers RH
GBI G5 1.5" block - 1x1.
GHP7 1" block  - 2x1.
GHP8 167# - one cheat close, set felt better today which was a relief, now I just need to bring up the strenth in pinky and ring finger, then I'll be able to close it.
GHP7 1" block - 1x1.

Vulcan gripper L&R hand 20 mm block set
Lvl 12 - 3x12

Face Pull - 3x20

Lat Pull-down - 4x12

Rubber band extensions - 2 sets

Left arm started to hurt a lot so I skipped bicep, tricep and DB rows, will do them tomorrow instead. I have some type of genetic defect on my left side of my body, everything is bad on that side. All I can do is to accept it and plan my workouts around it.

Saturday 22/2/20

Did some tricep and biceps then closed the GHP7 with the 1.5" block. Then got a tremendous pain in my left arm and wasn't able to close the gripper even with a MMS. Need to re-think how I train grip from now since there's something wrong with my left arm. I will try to train only once a month from now. Pretty sure it will not work for me. Might have to change my setting technique completely or just quit grip training. From now on I will try:

1.Train one time per month
2.Change technique
3.Only train right hand and only TNS with grippers
4.Quit

Monday 24/2/20

Dynamic thumb pinch - 5x20, guess I can do this, better than doing nothing.

Band pull apart
Behind head - 4x25
To chest - 4x25
To the side - 4x15

Good morning - 3 sets

Deadlift from defecit - 3x5

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out doing anything other than closing grippers are not even an option for me. I got over-exited about bending steel and now I have lost a significant amount of base strength on grippers which is really frustrating. I can accept losing top end strength but not base strength. I've been through this before with thick bar training and also pinch. It seems like it doesn't matter what I do, in order to get stronger with grippers I can only train grippers. Low frequency training does not work at all for me and doing the frequency that is required is not possible while training other stuff. Block weight training is a joke, absolutely no response there. Going to give up that for sure, nothing works.

It was fun bending steel and to learn the double overhand technique but I'm going to quit doing it from now on, until I have closed at least the #3.5. Which probably going to take a few years for me.

It might be possible within a year if I'm lucky but I'm certainly not going to put any time limits/goals for it. One thing is for sure though, I'm going to do it one day.

Did some grippers today. Extremely up and down. I've tried the GHP7 a few times the last week and I've closed a total of two times with the GHP 1.5" block. But strength is completely gone after the first close, after that I can barely close it MMS. Did nine sets of doubles with the 146# #3 a few days ago. Felt extremely hard. Today I did a few singles with the 156# #3 and the 153# #3 MMS. Everything was hard and it's mostly because I can't set the grippers properly due to extreme pain in my left arm. Unfortunately it's not something that will ever leave my body, I've had it ever since I did KTA back in late 2016. It just comes when I train, sometimes it's not there for extended periods of time, like in December last year when I was at my all time peak with grippers, then the pain didn't exist. Very strange thing, I have no clue why that is.

Still struggling with everything. Did some singles, I've also done some higher rep stuff with the vulcan and a few squeezes BTR. Absolutely powerless at the moment but I can still close the hardest #3 I have for a few singles. Going to do more high rep stuff with 20 mm block in the coming weeks, need to re-learn it. Feels way off now.

• Like 1

Been doing a lot of biceps and triceps training the last few days and some shoulder training. Played a lot of guitar as well and decided to finally quit grip training. I feel that I have reached a good level for me and it's not worth pushing anymore. I want to be able to use my left arm for the rest of my life. I'm left handed.

So this will be my last post in this log. I will only train for health reasons from now on and I won't be logging anything of that.

• 7 months later...

Will update this log because I do want to, atleast track my history in training in a way. Won't be logging often but I will write down what I've done, once a month or so, since I'm training for the #3.5 as the primary goal again. Secondary goal is to improve in reverse and DU bending.

July-August

A lot of reverse bending, wrist work with bricks and sledge hammers. All kinds of pinch training with blocks. Fair amount of bench press as well. Some thumbless thick bar training and a few axle deadlifts.

September

Injured the whole time (think I hurt a ligament in the wrist or something from reverse bending did a stupid amount of volume), did some gripper training anyways, some light wrist work aswell.

October

A lot of work with the Vulcan gripper, only using the chrome spring. Lot's of setting and lots of reps.

Some reverse bending (injury seems to be healed completely now at the end of the month). Bent a few grade 5 bolts, also attempted a really hard Grade 8 bolt rated at 207 kg. Got it to 2.5 degrees. Finished it the day after with DO. Bent it super easily, under 10 seconds. 
Surprised me quite a bit how easy it was since I haven't done a single DO bend in 3.5 months. Will not do them anymore, maybe I'll try one DO bend once a month or so and if I stay away from the super hard bars I think I will be fine.

Done alot of tricep training, close grip FU bench, cable push-downs etc. Also started to do heavy eccentric bicep training.

Grippers starting to feel stronger, crush should be around 165# right now (when I did the most DO bending it was as low as 135#). Very close to where I was before I quit grippers last time in january.

Been doing squats for three times per week now for six weeks and will continue doing that 365.

Feeling extremely motivated to train now. I lost my path before but now I'm back on the right track again.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Griparn said:

Great to hear motivation is back! You’re aiming for the 179lbs #3.5? 

I have one a bit easier but weirdly, I have actually been just about as close to closing both, about 1 mm. But 175# will probably go down first, it's a bit easier to set.

Also have a GHP8 at 167# which I haven't closed, so that is my main aim for the coming weeks. About 1 mm away now I think. It has a really hard sweep, feels very difficult for it's rating.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Training is going well. Still doing everything I should do and I'm really motivated. Don't think I ever been more motivated to be honest :)

Reverse bending: Did a few 4.8 bolts, could bend them fairly easy from 6". Feels like a good level to train at now. Also attempted the A4 bolt, got it to 20 degrees in 1.5 hits. Couldn't do a full second hit because it hurt a bit too much.

Grippers: Working sets of 8 reps feels hard but the harder grippers, 150+ feels very easy. Did a double today with elite spring set at 165~. Then did 7 singles with #3 with 30 mm block. Started with 2 singles at 146# then 5 singles at 153#. All felt easy then failed at 8th single then did some BTR with vulcan.

I have done a lot of work with the vulcan. Wasn't sure if #3.5 close would be possible for me anymore but after the last few weeks I'm 100% sure it will happen.

Still doing squats three times a week and I'm getting stronger and stronger each session. Close grip bench press is also going well but progress is of course slow in a lift like that. I'm working on heavy singles at the moment. Trying to do atleast 20 singles twice a week. Need to improve the final part of the lock-out. So more heavy lifts are needed.

Bicep and tricep work is also good. Don't feel a lot of pain when setting the vulcan, which is good.

• Like 3

Tiny update. Bent 20 pieces of 7 mm nails cut down to 150-160 mm a few days ago, reverse style in one go. Got a really nasty skin tear from it so now I can't do any pressing with my right side. So decided to train my left hand.

Did some deadlifts and then tried Fatgripz Extreme on a rolling handle with super short loading-pin, using a thumbless grip. I managed 60 kg+ which was more than I expected and probably the best thick bar lift I've done in almost two years.

Warmed up with 5 singles with COC#3 rated at 146#, felt easy. I can close the #153 #3 fairly consistently now. Not every day but every other day I think.

I had to do reverse grip cable pull-downs for triceps because of the skin tear. Was planning on doing these anyways so it's all good. A bummer I can't press though but that might actually be good because I've done a whole load of volume, will be interesting to see if it pays off once I'm 100% recovered.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been able to train properly for three weeks. Pretty sure I have corona and I'm really out of shape, doing every day stuff is very hard for me. Get fever immediately if I train squats or bench. Have done lower volume for two weeks now and it works better but I still feel like shit.

Gripper strength is not affected tho, can do three reps with the 158 rated #3. However I have discovered that the older double stamped #3 I've trained with, which was rated to 156# is definitely harder than this 158# rated #3. The knurling is almost non existent on it, makes it feel more like a 160# gripper.

Ordered some grade 8 bolts and tried to reverse bend it. Used single pads but with some leverage. Got it to 15.7 degrees. Also did one DO and it felt hard. Might be becuase I'm in bad shape or it could be that they are hard grade 8 bolts. I don't know. I'm 100% sure they are over 200 kg tho.

I have been doing some finger training with the square rolling handle as well.

11 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Haven't been able to train properly for three weeks. Pretty sure I have corona and I'm really out of shape, doing every day stuff is very hard for me. Get fever immediately if I train squats or bench. Have done lower volume for two weeks now and it works better but I still feel like shit.

Gripper strength is not affected tho, can do three reps with the 158 rated #3. However I have discovered that the older double stamped #3 I've trained with, which was rated to 156# is definitely harder than this 158# rated #3. The knurling is almost non existent on it, makes it feel more like a 160# gripper.

Ordered some grade 8 bolts and tried to reverse bend it. Used single pads but with some leverage. Got it to 15.7 degrees. Also did one DO and it felt hard. Might be becuase I'm in bad shape or it could be that they are hard grade 8 bolts. I don't know. I'm 100% sure they are over 200 kg tho.

I have been doing some finger training with the square rolling handle as well.

Get well soon! Do you have any goals with the bending right now or just for fun? 

30 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Get well soon! Do you have any goals with the bending right now or just for fun? 

Grade 8 bolt has been a goal for like 3 years although I have not trained for it until recently. So maybe it will happen in 10 years or so :D

I'm not going to count it if it's not single pads touching in the middle though. Want to go over atleast 200 kg on David Horne's torque challenge (40 degree bend).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Grade 8 bolt has been a goal for like 3 years although I have not trained for it until recently. So maybe it will happen in 10 years or so :D

I'm not going to count it if it's not single pads touching in the middle though. Want to go over atleast 200 kg on David Horne's torque challenge (40 degree bend).

Alright 200kg with that technique sounds rough! 

Any plans for red nail etc? Where can I buy a grade 8 bolt? 

2 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Alright 200kg with that technique sounds rough! 

Any plans for red nail etc? Where can I buy a grade 8 bolt? 

Doubt Red Nail is possible for me with this technique and wrapping. With doubles and/or singles with leverage maybe but not singles touching in the middle. It's more likely I close a #4 gripper. So, not very likely at all.

5 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Doubt Red Nail is possible for me with this technique and wrapping. With doubles and/or singles with leverage maybe but not singles touching in the middle. It's more likely I close a #4 gripper. So, not very likely at all.

Oh wow that rough huh.. 

2 hours ago, Lennix said:

Oh wow that rough huh.. 

Yes bending in this style is very hard. People who haven't tried can't even imagine how hard it is. 

1 hour ago, Griparn said:

Guess it’s the #3 you bought from me. CCS that one and a certification would be easy.

Hope you’ll get better soon!

Yes that's the one. Not looking to get certified, it's not my thing, I hurt my fingertips when I train wide setting. It's not worth it for me.

I have closed it with a 37 mm block set. That's about as wide as I will ever go with grippers. I can throw in some TNS and CCS once in a while but only attempts, just for fun. If I train it, I get injured...

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 9:41 PM, Fist of Fury said:

Yes bending in this style is very hard. People who haven't tried can't even imagine how hard it is.

Yes I like to call this style a "competition bend". My best was a 7mm nail cut to 200mm. Super rough on the wrists. My current goal is to do this style with a grade 5 bolt then eventually a grade 8 also.

Hope your training goes well! No doubt you will bend the grade 8 in no time if you keep it up.

41 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Yes I like to call this style a "competition bend". My best was a 7mm nail cut to 200mm. Super rough on the wrists. My current goal is to do this style with a grade 5 bolt then eventually a grade 8 also.

Hope your training goes well! No doubt you will bend the grade 8 in no time if you keep it up.

Got one to 5 degrees today with single leathers touching. Not sure if it's progress or not but I think so. It didn't hurt anything and I was in bad shape today. I should've hit it a few more times tho. But I will do that next time the first hit is pain free.

Try some 4.6 grade bolts. Those helped me to to bend grade 5 very easily. I think they are very close to grade 5's and if you cut them a bit shorter and use minimal wrapping they will be even harder.

• 2 weeks later...

Lost about 5 kg's. Hopefully I can get back to full training starting tomorrow and the appetite should come back.

Ordered a Silver Bullet. I haven't done any SB-hold since october 2018. Tried today with a gripper upside down. Got the following:

175# #3.5 - 22 seconds
146# #3 - 45 seconds

Which I'm pleased with. Makes me wonder how much I would have done a year ago when I was stronger.

Also did some reverse bending. Bent 7 mm nail cut to 125 mm, which is good result for me because I can usually not bend bars that short, hands get in the way but I had enough power today to bend it despite that.

Also managed level 11 chrome spring on the WD2, which was a PR.

Then braced bend with a 7 mm nail cut to 100 mm. Almost made me pass out, was seeing stars after that one. My leg crush is even weaker than my DO. However nice thing with this technique is that you can bend really short steel.

Have been doing some blob training lately. I plan on training with the half 50 kg legacy blob I have once a week now and see what happens. Would be nice if I could lift it one day.

• Like 2

Grade 8 bolt to 6.1 degrees in one painful hit. Gripper strength is down the drain after weight loss, can barely close my light #3. Will take 3-4 days off and if I don't feel stronger I might actually give up for real.

On 12/17/2020 at 6:22 PM, Fist of Fury said:

Grade 8 bolt to 6.1 degrees in one painful hit. Gripper strength is down the drain after weight loss, can barely close my light #3. Will take 3-4 days off and if I don't feel stronger I might actually give up for real.

The bookmaker is known for one of the best sports lines in the world. It has around 30 sports, including disciplines like surfing, squash, cricket, kabaddi and floorball.

What sets Bet365 account login india apart is also the excellent event coverage. However, it produces a large part of its core product itself and is often the benchmark for all other bookmakers.

Edited by Serpent