Tendonitis Log

Fist of Fury

Doesn't look promising for me. Health problems will most likely stop me from getting further. There's nothing I can do about it unfortunately.

Really motivated to train but I can't maintain a good enough state long enough to get the strength to close the #3.5. My immune system is the governor and it's not working as it should unfortunately.

Might only update this log if I set a PR, if I continue with grip training at all, that is.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been doing some double overhand bending with longer bars, up to 250 mm. Felt impossible at first but now I'm starting to loosen up and I can bend at that length now. Will see if I can find some harder steel to progress with.

Also tried a red nail that was slightly pre-kinked. Felt extremely easy in singles. Kink feels much stronger after training with longer bars. Crush is still garbage, I won't even bother with shorter bars, I will only get injured if I try.

Can't close any #3 gripper anymore, crush strength magically disappears as soon as I start to feel bad. Altough I did close the 158# #3 once a week ago just out of pure frustration but it didn't feel good and I could only do it once. Will ship away most of my grip stuff anyways because of this. Just takes up space.

2 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Been doing some double overhand bending with longer bars, up to 250 mm. Felt impossible at first but now I'm starting to loosen up and I can bend at that length now. Will see if I can find some harder steel to progress with.

Also tried a red nail that was slightly pre-kinked. Felt extremely easy in singles. Kink feels much stronger after training with longer bars. Crush is still garbage, I won't even bother with shorter bars, I will only get injured if I try.

Can't close any #3 gripper anymore, crush strength magically disappears as soon as I start to feel bad. Altough I did close the 158# #3 once a week ago just out of pure frustration but it didn't feel good and I could only do it once. Will ship away most of my grip stuff anyways because of this. Just takes up space.

I wish I could get 180mm under the chin, 250mm is rough. Will you keep bending? 

16 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Is there any other training except for gripper chest crushes and big bar isometric crushes that are effective for building crush strength? My crush is also garbage and wanted to have some more versatile training methods to building my crush.  

17 hours ago, Lennix said:

I wish I could get 180mm under the chin, 250mm is rough. Will you keep bending? 

I don't think so.

2 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Is there any other training except for gripper chest crushes and big bar isometric crushes that are effective for building crush strength? My crush is also garbage and wanted to have some more versatile training methods to building my crush.  

Asking someone who is good at it is probably better :laugh

Tried some braced bending today. I've actually improved which was a pleasant surprise. Tried some rebar 8.25 mm x 140 mm. Crush was a bit too hard for me this time but I could have tried more actually but my right wrist started to feel stretchy so I quit.

Then I managed EN3B CRS 8x139 mm, rated 212 kg @6. Which felt good because I couldn't bend this at 180 mm three weeks ago.

Will order some 8.8 bolts and see if I can bend those now.

IMG_1750.thumb.JPG.69f408ee4184ed8128c7107b22ae04e4.JPG

• Like 1

Nice work on the rebar! I have some from Biltema thats 8mm and at a length of 150mm I cant move it past 110 degrees.

Good luck on the 8.8 bolt 👍 is it Horrido or just a standard bolt you will try? 

11 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Nice work on the rebar! I have some from Biltema thats 8mm and at a length of 150mm I cant move it past 110 degrees.

Good luck on the 8.8 bolt 👍 is it Horrido or just a standard bolt you will try? 

Thanks. Will try anything I can find. I don't have any steel for reverse bending so I might place an order from Jan. 12.9 bolt might be something to aim at for braced cert one day.

Done some more braced bending. It's starting to feel better and better and it's a great full body exercise. Legs are bruised now however so I have to take it easy for a while. Also done some DO bending with long bars, up to 250 mm, feels stronger, it's easy to bend 8.3 mm rebar at this length now. 220 mm also easy, 180 mm feels harder than the red nails I've bent in the past but I can bend those as well.

Don't have any steel for reverse bending so I did some work with the WD2. Lvl 10 chrome spring, 4 sets of doubles. Then left index knuckle started to hurt so I stopped there. Initially I wanted to do 10 sets. Will order some 12.9 bolts 6x150 mm to train with I think, they should bridge the gap up to grade 8's.

• Like 1

Got some more rebar, with a larger diameter, however it was easier than the stock I already had. Harder sweep and crush but easier to kink. Probably not the same type of steel. I will try to use it for reverse bending instead and see if that works.

Did some silver bullet holds in between sets of bench press.

179 x 18 sec
167 x 12 sec
153 x 28 sec
153 x 31 sec
146 x 30 sec

• Like 2

Some DO bending. Rebar at different lengths. Did two 250 mm and two 180 mm and one 225 mm. Flexibility is good now. When I first tried 250 mm I couldn't move it at all, felt like I was going to tear a pec honestly. Now I can do them under 10 seconds. 180 mm felt better this time as well, did the second one under 15 seconds. Only bending in singles now and I will continue to do so until I hit a wall. Will order some 8x200 mm 8.8 bolts and try to see if I can bend them.

Also did some SB holds again.

158 - 30+ seconds
158 - 34 seconds
158 - failed to set it properly, hands was tired from a bunch of incline pressing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Some DO bending. Rebar at different lengths. Did two 250 mm and two 180 mm and one 225 mm. Flexibility is good now. When I first tried 250 mm I couldn't move it at all, felt like I was going to tear a pec honestly. Now I can do them under 10 seconds. 180 mm felt better this time as well, did the second one under 15 seconds. Only bending in singles now and I will continue to do so until I hit a wall. Will order some 8x200 mm 8.8 bolts and try to see if I can bend them.

Also did some SB holds again.

158 - 30+ seconds
158 - 34 seconds
158 - failed to set it properly, hands was tired from a bunch of incline pressing.

Those SB holds are really good!

3 hours ago, Lennix said:

Those SB holds are really good!

Thanks. Just wish I could set the #4. My fingers are too weak. Tried to set the RB330 but failed. I have been able to set that one once before, I think it's somewhere around 200 lbs.

Only #4 I will have in the future is 212 lbs (which someone sent to me as a gift for some reason :laugh). So I will have that one as a goal.

42 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Thanks. Just wish I could set the #4. My fingers are too weak. Tried to set the RB330 but failed. I have been able to set that one once before, I think it's somewhere around 200 lbs.

Only #4 I will have in the future is 212 lbs (which someone sent to me as a gift for some reason :laugh). So I will have that one as a goal.

If you have those time's on the #3.5 you should be strong enough to set the #4 but it takes some practise! I think it took me 2 workouts only attempting to set the #4 before I could get it closed deep enough to get it to open up before I put the SB in. But then I managed 8 seconds the workout after that.

Goodluck!

16 minutes ago, Lennix said:

If you have those time's on the #3.5 you should be strong enough to set the #4 but it takes some practise! I think it took me 2 workouts only attempting to set the #4 before I could get it closed deep enough to get it to open up before I put the SB in. But then I managed 8 seconds the workout after that.

Goodluck!

Unfortunately not. For me setting and actually crushing is two different disciplines. I have a pretty strong crush but my setting strength is very bad. If it were good at it I would already have repped the #3.5 without problem.

I have very asymmetrical strength in my body, my left side is severely lacking in development, it's a 100% genetic issue.

Also my fingertips gets injured very easily, so I can't train them, which also makes it harder with wide set closing grippers, SB-holds, thick bar, block weights and such.

But I will keep working on it, trying the in between the leg setting technique. I haven't trained that yet so hopefully I can improve a little bit on it. I don't have high hopes though because of my fingertips. But I think I will continue with SB-training becasue I think it's quite fun actually.

7 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Unfortunately not. For me setting and actually crushing is two different disciplines. I have a pretty strong crush but my setting strength is very bad. If it were good at it I would already have repped the #3.5 without problem.

I have very asymmetrical strength in my body, my left side is severely lacking in development, it's a 100% genetic issue.

Also my fingertips gets injured very easily, so I can't train them, which also makes it harder with wide set closing grippers, SB-holds, thick bar, block weights and such.

But I will keep working on it, trying the in between the leg setting technique. I haven't trained that yet so hopefully I can improve a little bit on it. I don't have high hopes though because of my fingertips. But I think I will continue with SB-training becasue I think it's quite fun actually.

Sad to hear.

Your not setting between legs? Oh that makes a huge difference (for me atleast). 

here's what I do:

• Like 2

Thoms silver bullet technique is probably the best method I have ever seen. Definitely give it a try. You will be surprised at how much strength you save when you use a leg crush to set.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, it's not a technique issue, it's an issue of strength, I don't have what it takes, simple as that. Atleast not yet, I will give it a try however it doesn't really matter if I can set the #4 or not. That's whats so good with SB, you can just focus on the #3 instead if you want to.

• Like 1

Just now, Fist of Fury said:

Thanks, it's not a technique issue, it's an issue of strength, I don't have what it takes, simple as that. Atleast not yet, I will give it a try however it doesn't really matter if I can set the #4 or not. That's whats so good with SB, you can just focus on the #3 instead if you want to.

Yeah you are correct. For me it's more impressive to go 50+ seconds with #3 then to go 30 seconds on #4 because I cant understand how its possible to have that endurance.

16 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Thoms silver bullet technique is probably the best method I have ever seen. Definitely give it a try. You will be surprised at how much strength you save when you use a leg crush to set.

I've been experimenting a bit with it the last few weeks, since I started with braced bending and I can feel an improvement for sure. I actually managed to close the GHP8 167# with a deep set with this technique altough I didn't even have the strength to close the 158# #3 using a regular set. So I'm sure it has potential.

8 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Yeah you are correct. For me it's more impressive to go 50+ seconds with #3 then to go 30 seconds on #4 because I cant understand how its possible to have that endurance.

This is the thing with gripsport. It's either an endurance test or a strenth test and what is endurance for one guy might be strenth test for another guy. Same thing with the axle, hold 180 kg for time is going to be endurance only for the very strongest people in the world, not for the rest of us. Same thing with silver bullet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fist of Fury said:

This is the thing with gripsport. It's either an endurance test or a strenth test and what is endurance for one guy might be strenth test for another guy. Same thing with the axle, hold 180 kg for time is going to be endurance only for the very strongest people in the world, not for the rest of us. Same thing with silver bullet.

Yeah I always prefer the heavy challenges xD Armlifting USA's online contests often have easier weights like hubhold with 20kg for time or blockbuster 25kg for time so everyone can be included.

Tried some reverse bending today, eigth days after I did WD work last time. Tried the easier rebars at 180 mm and I was able to bend it to 42 degrees in singles, 6 cm in from each end. Super hard sweep on these and it really hurt. Happy I can train with them atleast, it will save me a lot of money. Right wrist still feels stretchy so I stopped after that bend. Hopefully it will feel better soon.

These rebars are really hard I have to say, but it's good, it just means my DO is better than I expected.

Also built a wrist wrench, I'm going to train my wrist with it, a sledge hammer and a SED. Will be doing some circuit training for the wrists, all six movements. My ulnar deviation needs to get stronger as well. DU bending is horrible, can't even bend a G5 bolt completely.

Did some squats and biceps training at the gym also. Lost a lot of strength because of corona. I'm starting to feel a bit better now, I can train more now without getting sick and tired.

Serious cardio today. Snow, snow, snow,snow and more snow! And as always, the really wet and heavy kind of snow.

Then some snapped bolts.

Can only get the #4 to around 1 mm on each side of the silver bullet. That was the only time I got a decent set on it. Will keep trying.

• Like 1

Actually a good training session today. I was super sore in my abs and lower arms after snapping some bolts yesterday. Went to the gym to do some pressing, decided just before I went to take the silver bullet with me, good thing I did since I managed two PR's in a row.

RB330 - 14 sec
RB330 - 16 sec
179# #3.5 - 16 sec
146# #3 - 40 sec

First time I managed to set the RB330. Hopefully the #4 next time.

Then some lifts with 2.5" wrist wrench.

Tricep work and db pressing, incline and flat. A few heavy seated rows.

• Like 1