LGC Rolling Handle

17.5 kg x 8
25 kg x 6
32.5 kg x 4
37.5 kg x 2
42.5 kg x 1
50 kg x 1
63.2 kg (Left) 60-70% / (Right) 0%
60.4 kg (Left) one solid strict rep / (Right) one rep with slight supination.
63.2 kg (Left) 0% / 60.4 kg (Right) 0%.
61.9 kg (Left) 0%

Vulcan Light Set Practice

6-6 (Orange Spring) one rep with right almost one rep with left (PR with right).

Progress on the impossible LGC handle is good considering I haven't really trained with it anything this year. This thing is harder than Inch dumbbells in my opinion. At least if you're going by the LGC rules with no supination allowed.

Switching to a new routine for a month now. I'm going to do lighter training for a while, higher reps, hopefully I can gain some endurance. I will do grippers during this period also. Three workouts per week is working good for me right now so I'm planning to stick with that for the rest of the year then try to move up to four per week next year.

Workout 1

• Push-Ups & Dips
  • Zercher Squat
  • Shoulder Press
  • Grippers
  • Stiff Leg Deadlift
  • Dumbbell Row
  • Pronation & Supination
  • Reverse Wrist Curl
  • Axle Dead Hang (might switch to regular Pull-Ups if axle work is too much)

Workout 2

• Jefferson Curl
  • Jefferson Deadlift
  • Zottman Curl
  • GripTopz HorneTop (hold)
  • 3" Dumbbell (hold)
  • GripTopz Adjustable Thick Bar (hold)
  • GripTopz LeverTop Front & Rear Choke (hold)
  • Vulcan Light Set Practice
  • Dexterity Balls

Workout 3

• Zercher Squat
  • Shoulder Press
  • Stiff Leg Deadlift
  • 2 Hand Euro Pinch
  • Wrist Wrench Wrist Curl
  • Dumbbell Row
  • Pronation & Supination
  • Reverse Wrist Curl

I will try to log all the grip workouts here. Monday is going to be high intensity and the other two days is going to be much lighter.

• Like 1

Take care with the Jefferson Squat. You got to be very flexible to do it correctly. I can't do it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jörg Keilbach said:

Take care with the Jefferson Squat. You got to be very flexible to do it correctly. I can't do it.

Thanks for the advice. I have tried some in the past. I will only use stupid light weights anyways. I've been doing Zercher squats for months now and I find them to help me with flexibility a lot. My problem with the back squat has always been with the flexibility in my shoulders anyway.

10 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Thanks for the advice. I have tried some in the past. I will only use stupid light weights anyways. I've been doing Zercher squats for months now and I find them to help me with flexibility a lot. My problem with the back squat has always been with the flexibility in my shoulders anyway.

For the same reason i do all my squats with a Cambared Bar or Safety Squat Bar.

Just now, Jörg Keilbach said:

For the same reason i do all my squats with a Cambared Bar or Safety Squat Bar.

Ok, I've seen those bars but I never tried them. Unfortunately I don't have the option to train at a real gym right now. Eventually I'm going to find a gym that has a lot of equipment, so I can try everything out.

24/7/17

I had to skip 50% of todays planned workout because I didn't get much sleep at all and I was very tired. Didn't do any deadlifts or rows.

Grippers

Attempt MMS
Right: COC 153 lb, 1 mm off.
Left: GM 149 lb, one solid close with 5 second hold.

MMS Worksets
Right: T6 140 lb: 1x2 (3s), 1x2 (3s), 1x2(3s), 1x2 (3s).
Left: SM 133 lb: 1x2 (3s), 1x2 (3s), 1x2(3s), 1x2 (3s).

1.5" Block Set
Right: COC 102 lb: 2x8
Left: Atomgripz 3: 2x8

Reverse Wrist Curl
2 sets

Considering how tired I was today I'm happy that I only missed the #3 with a hair, it means I will close it very easily if I'm properly prepared.

26/7/17

Zottman Curl

6.5 kg x 10
8.5 kg x 10
10 kg 3x8

3" Dumbbell Hold

30 kg 2x15s

Weak spot, right ring and pinky.

GripTopz Holds

HorneTop

30 kg 2x15s

Adjustable Thickbar (M)

60 kg 2x10s

LeverTop Front & Rear Choke Holds

+8.75 kg 2x15s superset back to back without any rest.

Orange Spring 3-3: 3x10

Weak spot, left tricep.

Dexterity Balls

50 mm 2x50 each way with both hands.

Note: This was harder than I expected and dropping steel plates on my fingers didn't make it easier :blush

28/7/17

2 Hand Euro

26.5 kg x 10
31.5 kg x 8
36.5 kg x 5
46.5 kg x 4
46.5 kg x 4

Dumbbell Row

6 light sets. Moving the wrist wrench to Monday after grippers instead and I will do light rows on Friday so I don't burn my forearms before gripper workout.

Sup/Pro (25 mm)

2.5 kg plate - 3x20

Moving 2H Pinch to Wednesday, damn it, thumb pads are still sore. I just can't figure out how to train pinch, I always squeeze much harder than I need to.

31/7/17

Grippers

Attempts
Right: COC#3.5 choked to 10 mm (missed with 1 mm) first attempt ever. Then two attempts with COC 153 lbs - One close and one miss
Left: LT#3 out of the package, two easy closes.

Worksets MMS
Right: T6 140 lbs 1x2 (5s), 1x2 (5s), GHP 137 lbs 1x2 (5s), 1x2 (5s)
Left: SM 133 lbs 1x2 (5s), 1x2 (5s), SM 128 lbs 1x2 (5s), 1x2 (5s)

1.5" Block Set
Right: COC 102 lbs 3x7
Left: LT#2 3x7

1.4" Dumbbell Row

Worksets with 40 & 52 kg
10, 5, 5, 10.

Wrist Wrench Wrist Curl

+15 kg 2x10

IMHH Sup/Pro

1+1 plates 1x20

I ran out of energy at the end because I didn't have anything good to eat all day unfortunately and I did squats at my lawn, holy shit it was much more difficult, I almost died :D I'm not used to do high reps like I do now. Definitely not going to do squats on a soft surface again.

• Like 1

Filmed a few attempts today, it's extra hard to get a good video of the close with black painted handles, I forgot to put some chalk on the handles on the first attempt, this was the second attempt, which was a little weaker.

Also filmed the attempts with right hand, gripper feels closed but doesn't look closed, not sure why :unsure

Anyway, felt weaker with my right, I did the #3.5 in the choker before and that was probably the reason.

Placed an order from SilaRukov.

Parallel gripper (U-Spring)
50 mm Rolling Handle
50 mm Wrist Wrench
and the OrbiGrip

Will be very interesting to try these out. I have never tried the OrbiGrip before. I think I'm going to use it as a recovery/prehab workout.

Reverse Wrist curls - Never more, they don't feel good, not even if I just do the motion without any weights. I'm going to build a wrist roller for the squat cage and that is going to be the only way I train reverse wrist flexion.

• Like 1

2/8/17

2 Hand Euro Pinch

26.5 kg x 10
31.5 kg x 10
36.5 kg x 5
46.5 kg x 4
46.5 kg x 4
46.5 kg x 4

Zottman Curl

6.5 kg x 10
10 kg x 9
10 kg x 9
10 kg x 9

3" Dumbbell Hold

30 kg 2x15 seconds

GripTopz Holds

HorneTop
30 kg 2x15 seconds

LeverTop Front & Rear Choke
+9 kg 2x15 seconds

I totally forgot to train the adjustable thick bar, I will do it on Friday instead. Should be interesting to see if it affects my gripper training on Monday anything.

3-3 Orange Spring 3x10

I also tried to set the GHP8 to parallel which I did easily. Which was something I had a lot of trouble with before, so light set practice is paying off.

Dexterity Balls
50 mm 2x50 both ways.

7/8/17

Was doing some clean and press with barbell, then warmed up with grippers, worked up to a double with the LT#3 with left hand, then missed the COC#3 153 lb pretty badly with right. Then after that something strange happened. I almost fell asleep. I was trying to fight it but body was almost completely shutting down for some reason, which was very strange because I got a good nights sleep. I could barely close a 130 lb rated gripper so I ended the workout there.

very very interesting read. please tell me how you feel overall about the expand your hand bands and how and when you use them? lately ive just been repping the white every night or every other night and moving to the green one next (tonight) any info on what works best for you with the bands would be much appreciated. i never know whether to use them before or after grip or on off days. what do you thank? great log i enjoyed it

4 hours ago, AbsuM- said:

very very interesting read. please tell me how you feel overall about the expand your hand bands and how and when you use them? lately ive just been repping the white every night or every other night and moving to the green one next (tonight) any info on what works best for you with the bands would be much appreciated. i never know whether to use them before or after grip or on off days. what do you thank? great log i enjoyed it

I don't use them anymore. They casued some type of problem with my hypo thenar muscles so I stopped using them. I was not able to "cup" my hand after using them without discomfort and pain, so they ruined my thick bar training, I also felt discomfort with grippers and pinch. I took a while before I realized what the problem was but as soon as figured it out the problem disappeared.

20 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

I don't use them anymore. They casued some type of problem with my hypo thenar muscles so I stopped using them. I was not able to "cup" my hand after using them without discomfort and pain, so they ruined my thick bar training, I also felt discomfort with grippers and pinch. I took a while before I realized what the problem was but as soon as figured it out the problem disappeared.

Wow that's a strong statement/opinion. I've been using them around a month and have also had some different types of pain recently. I don't know what to think. I'd rather not risk it but damn. I'm kinda torn now. Hope someone chimes in and gives a second opinion. I would hate to risk my hands. Maybe I'll just switch to a bucket of sand.

2 hours ago, AbsuM- said:

Wow that's a strong statement/opinion. I've been using them around a month and have also had some different types of pain recently. I don't know what to think. I'd rather not risk it but damn. I'm kinda torn now. Hope someone chimes in and gives a second opinion. I would hate to risk my hands. Maybe I'll just switch to a bucket of sand.

There are other people on this board (stronger and more experienced than me) who does not use them either. I don't know their reason for it but the thing is: Everyone is different, you have to find out what works best for you, and what doesn't work.

Scrapped the gripper training I had planned, wasn't responding good to it. Will do some bending now for a while just to stay motivated because right now I'm very tired of grippers, pinch and thick bar. Did som lifts with the LGC handle and got 60.5 kg with left, did some silver bullet with right and only got 12 seconds, with the 153#. Also tried two hands picnh, I've lost a lot of strength on this one, 70 kg wasn't moving from the floor anymore.

11/8/17

Reverse Bending (Suede wraps)

6mm x 6" Nail - 88 kg - One full bend with left hand.
EN8 CRS 6mm x 7" - 122,55 kg @ 6" - One full bend with left hand.

Wrist Developer

3-3: 5x5 left & right

GripTopz Gold Bar   

Tried it for the first time, super hard implement, got up to 20 kg approximately but hands were fried from thick bar yesterday, that didn't affect bending but very much the pinch.

No grip training this week. Going to rest and start some steel bending next week. 

Just set up an RGC rig and did some ratings.

Left-Turn #3 - 153 lbs
RB210 - 137 lbs (My first goal gripper, no wonder it was so hard when I first got it :D )
RB180 - 115 lbs
COC#2 102 lbs (CPW) - 102.9 (me)
Trainer - 59 lbs

Rig isn't perfected yet and I think the ratings are 1-3 lbs higher than CPW.

18/8/17

Wasn't going to do anything this week but I got the new order from SilaRukov and I was tempted to try the 50 mm rolling handle. I was planning to do this next week anyway.

So this handle was harder than expected. I tried at 78 kg and got some air on it with left, with right it was glued to the floor. Dropped down to 73.5 kg and got it with both hands. Out of curiosity I wanted to try the rolling thunder, which I haven't touched since April and it felt exactly the same in terms of difficulty, handle spins a lot slower but the larger diameter makes it harder. I managed the exact same weight with both hands (73.5 kg). Got some air on 75 kg with left, which is my, now very old PR.

Also got the U-Spring gripper, I adjusted it to around 30 mm and rated it at 177 lbs. Got it fairly easy with right and barely got it with left. It's definitely easier than torsion springs but it's still nice and I will definitely use it in my training.

Spring is 10 mm, distance between handles is 20 mm and the thickness of the handles are 19.6 mm. Perfect!

Looking forward to start some steel bending and wristdeveloper work tomorrow. I need to make my workouts shorter so the only thing I'm going to do for 4-6 weeks is steel bending + WD, deadlifts and dumbbell rows, pull-ups, push-ups, dips and some bicep and tricep work. I made some dumbbells today, which I'm going to use.

FGX - 16 kg (one pair)
1.4" - 40 kg
3"    - 30 kg
2"    - 36 kg
2.5" - 48 kg
1.4" - 52 kg
2.5" - 55 kg

I will stick with these, not going to change any weights since I don't have time for that. Handles are stainless steel and they are bolted with wrenches so all of them are "Inch Trainers". Hopefully a lot of rowing can help my thickbar strength. 

21/8/17 (BW: 101.90 kg)

Dips
2x5
Push-Ups
2x10

Steel Bending

Underhand
6 mm x 6" Nail - 88k @ 6" - One full bend very easy.

Reverse
EN8 CRS 6 mm x 7" - 122.55k @ 6" - One full bend with left.

Grippers
SilaRukov U-Spring attempts left and right at 30 mm, missed both with 1 mm.
Left-Turn 154 lbs - One close left hand.
COC#3 154 lbs - One attempt right hand, 1 mm off.

DO Deadlift
100 kg 3x10

WD2
B4-F3: 1x5
B4-F4: 1x5

Speed
B2-F2: 3x8

Pull-Ups (Neutral Grip)
2x4

Felt very tired.

Nice work on that left turn #3!  Do you find benefit in those, are they worth the money you think?  I have read mixed things.  You have some impressive overall grip strength, I look forward to seeing more.

• Like 1