Filing Service, Bad News

Cannon

We have bad news about the filing service.  The machine we used was a 50 year old hand-me-down.  After fulfilling just a few orders, the machine broke.  We have spent the past few days trying to find a solution for  the machine.  We have not been successful.  We're not really looking to completely replace the machine with a modern version at this time.   

We apologize for this inconvenience and have contacted those with outstanding orders.

This is a service that we hope to offer on a regular basis but has proved to be rather challenging.  Of course we'll post updates if there are any, but for now the Filing Service has been taken down.  

Back to the drawing board!    

Matt and Kristy

Just an idea, haven't tried it yet, but I got a 1/2" handheld bandfile from harbor freight for less than 30 bucks. It's basically a tiny handheld belt sander. If I try filing a gripper with it I'll let you know.

Cannon lets talk, maybe I can help in some way.

• Like 3

Damn! I wish my grippers were filed before this event?

Oh no! I hope you will find a solution!!! Why haven't i ordered more?:( I am glad i will receive at least 2 the next few days.

My two filed grippers arrived today. They look great. Thanks Matt!

image.jpeg

• Like 3

I had an inspirational thought while watching a DIRESTA video on YouTube.. I believe I can rig up a solution with stuff I already have. I'm going to try this weekend. Cross your fingers!

21 hours ago, wobbler said:

Elbow grease and a whole lot of coffee?

That's funny right there :laugh

It involves using a power tool upside down. :blink

On 24. Februar 2016 at 2:07 AM, Cannon said:

I had an inspirational thought while watching a DIRESTA video on YouTube.. I believe I can rig up a solution with stuff I already have. I'm going to try this weekend. Cross your fingers!

Do you have good news for us Matt?

I wish I did.  I've been flat out with some kind of cold or something that is really hanging on.  Going on about 9 days now.  I didn't get out to work on this.  I believe I have a solution though.

This would be great! I will order another 10 or so COC's as soon aus you give me a go.😜

Get well soon!

Is it a hand held belt sander with the handle in a vice? Been there, the belt rode so far to the side that the bearing melted through the plastic housing (that's harbor freight for you.) So, keep an eye out for that.

Ultimately the solution will likely be tools used as intended. I think I'm just going to throw some money at the problem. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎29‎.‎02‎.‎2016 at 3:20 AM, Cannon said:

Ultimately the solution will likely be tools used as intended. I think I'm just going to throw some money at the problem. 

Any news Matt?

@Jörg Keilbach

Well, I figured out how I'm going to do this going forward, but it has not been a priority to figure it out.  We've been really busy with non-CPW stuff.