Gripmas 2016

climber511

No idea of events yet but thought I'd let everyone know in case you want to plan to attend.

The Gripmas Carol 2016

December 10th, 2016

Start Time will be 10AM

• Like 14

Oh I'll be there! I'm already excited for this years gripmas. It gets better every year!

• Like 2

Haven't been to Gripmas since 2010, but I'm hoping to attend this year.

• Like 1

Been saying for years that I was going to come up that way.  December is a busy time for me now, and my travel funds are somewhere between "zilch" and "none", but I'm going to figure out a way to make it happen before you decide you're done with them.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2016 at 8:59 AM, underdawg said:

Been saying for years that I was going to come up that way.  December is a busy time for me now, and my travel funds are somewhere between "zilch" and "none", but I'm going to figure out a way to make it happen before you decide you're done with them.

You can ride up with me Jonathan; not sure how many others from Charlotte will be going.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, odin said:

You can ride up with me Jonathan; not sure how many others from Charlotte will be going.

Thanks for the offer, Bob.  Might be able to work something out if I can split up costs somehow.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at a calendar, am I correct that this is on a Sunday?

30 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

Looking at a calendar, am I correct that this is on a Sunday?

Um - ugh - head slap - stupid climber :).  Thanks - IT WILL BE SATURDAY DEC 10TH.  Good catch - I apologize!

Is there a way for one of the moderators to fix the original post so there's no confusion?

Edited by climber511
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, climber511 said:

Um - ugh - head slap - stupid climber :).  Thanks - IT WILL BE SATURDAY DEC 10TH.  Good catch - I apologize!

Is there a way for one of the moderators to fix the original post so there's no confusion?

Got it bud.

Thanks Jedder!!

im gonna do my best to make it this year.  i have a lot of things in the works, one of them being Dept of Energy Police.  not sure how that will pan out, but i really wanna make it this year.  and i am training some grip stuff so maybe i will be a little competitive with you grip monsters.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, EJ Livesey said:

im gonna do my best to make it this year.  i have a lot of things in the works, one of them being Dept of Energy Police.  not sure how that will pan out, but i really wanna make it this year.  and i am training some grip stuff so maybe i will be a little competitive with you grip monsters.

Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone coming to Gripmas might notice a change in the Yol Bosun gym this year :).  Still have to install more holds - more lighting - and rearrange some things but its coming right along.

IMG_0354.JPG

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

POSSIBLE events - nothing is firm yet.

Grippers - maybe and maybe not - I'm thinking about a couple options here - my cable grip machine for one???  Still a "crush" test.

Euro

Tips Tester?

A wrist event of some kind?

Even crazier Medley than ever before :)

And just for Jedder - a climbing wall route :).  Not really but it will be here to play on after the comp for anyone interested.

Another option is a whole new contest format I've considered before.  I'm still kicking around how it might work but say a 40 event contest - each person turns in their chosen weight on each implement in advance - you get one attempt only and it goes by total weight lifted.  It would involve lots of weight changes but if each competitor was responsible for say 2 implements it would go pretty quick.  Should test your fitness level a bunch too.  I'm in no way saying this is it - but I have been considering it. 

• Like 2

Campus board for time ;-).  

This all sounds awesome. I'm all for switching stuff up and making it different.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This is on my radar now. Not too much more of a drive than SJ3. See how the next few months pan out. 

If you do Tips Tester, Is there a way to define the rules a bit more.  It looks awful easy to either brace it on the thighs and assist the lift, or have it look like that when wearing shorts.  A shorter loading pin might be all that is required.

50 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

If you do Tips Tester, Is there a way to define the rules a bit more.  It looks awful easy to either brace it on the thighs and assist the lift, or have it look like that when wearing shorts.  A shorter loading pin might be all that is required.

I think I have it figured out. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I think I have it figured out. 

Cool, buddy.  Hope your back is doing better.