Silvis Preset Rating

Cannon

We now have a service to allow you to request a preset number when buying a Silvis gripper!

http://cannonpowerworks.com/collections/silvis-dinosaur-hunter-adjustables/products/silvis-adjustables-choose-your-rating

We will score the spring so that you can reliably find that same rating again.

GRIPPER_TECH_2_1024x1024.png?v=145365604

• Like 4

If you could get a 175 from this I would be down to grab one next time I get paid.

If you could get a 175 from this I would be down to grab one next time I get paid.

I'm glad you posted this question. That's the whole point of this service. If you order a Megalodon and the new service, you can PICK the rating of 175 and it will arrive that way. I will adjust the handles until the rating is exactly 175 and then score the spring so you can find that spot again.

• Like 2

this is such a great service. I was lucky that CPW tested this on three of my silvis grippers a few months back. I've been using them for training a lot more since then just because I know how they rate and I can adjust them as needed. The only thing is that it might be difficult to use these grippers for feat judging as it's hard to show the line on the spring as a proof of what they rate. Matt, are you including tags with this service? I'm thinking this can be good and bad at the same time for reasons such as for example adjusting the gripper to an easier level and claiming it to be heavier with sowing the tag. Not saying that people will be doing that, but even unintentionally you can set the gripper at an easier/harder rating if you don't have it exactly on the same spot as you had it when you rated it.

I kid you not, I was talking about doing this exact service through my company 4 months ago, lol. Glad you're doing it, though. Great minds think alike. :)

this is such a great service. I was lucky that CPW tested this on three of my silvis grippers a few months back. I've been using them for training a lot more since then just because I know how they rate and I can adjust them as needed. The only thing is that it might be difficult to use these grippers for feat judging as it's hard to show the line on the spring as a proof of what they rate. Matt, are you including tags with this service? I'm thinking this can be good and bad at the same time for reasons such as for example adjusting the gripper to an easier level and claiming it to be heavier with sowing the tag. Not saying that people will be doing that, but even unintentionally you can set the gripper at an easier/harder rating if you don't have it exactly on the same spot as you had it when you rated it.

I think you must leave this to just a training device and not a feat judging gripper. It's just to easy to manipulate the gripper.

I have 4 adjustable grippers but at forehand I knew I could never use these for feat judging and I have no problem with that.

• Like 1

This is a great idea. CPW is always improving.

• Like 1

I think you must leave this to just a training device and not a feat judging gripper. It's just to easy to manipulate the gripper.

I have 4 adjustable grippers but at forehand I knew I could never use these for feat judging and I have no problem with that.

I agree. Perhaps if one measures the spring size and depth of mount it can be used for feat judging but not sure how consistent these grippers are with their rating. Tetting grippers for example are also realtevely easy to manipulate (it seems like it based on what others have done with them), plus their ratings tend to vary a lot, but are still used for feat judging here.