Homemade Thickbar Dumbbells

Lucasraymond

Question, being straight sided wouldn't one be very prone to coming in contact( as an assist in a tilt) with the hand or wrist thus negating the rolling factor of the Inch Bell or its replicas? Just asking I have several 3 " handle experiments from years ago and the straight sided construction changed the lift quite a bit.

This definitely makes it easier, with the forearm braced. However, there's plenty of handle room to avoid this with these Death Grip Bells.

Luke,

Scour the scrap yards and machine shops in a 100 mile radius. You will find all kinds of left overs you can get cheap and grind down and weld handles to. Yes, you should charge what you want. Its your product, no one else is selling it right now, so go for it. Strongergrip's new loadable globe db with a rotating handle is $700+. It is art and Ryan Pitts busts his ass to make the best gear. No one complains about the price of a custom Harley or Mercedes...it is what it is.

For those who cant afford or dont wish to own these bells, PVC is cheap and you can slide a 2.5" five inch piece over a 2' piece of 2" piece and have a rotating handle that will handle plenty of weight for what? $10??

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Here are the dumbbells and weights that are available for sale at this time...

0-150lbs - $250 (no shipping)

150lbs+ - $300 (no shipping)

Axle Wrench- $35 (shipping included)

Inch Wrench- $35 (shipping included)

dumbells.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

Here are the dumbbells and weights that are available for sale at this time...

0-150lbs - $250 (no shipping)

150lbs+ - $300 (no shipping)

Axle Wrench- $35 (shipping included)

Inch Wrench- $35 (shipping included)

dumbells.jpg

If I had known about the prices for the axle wrench I would have hit you up sooner before I spent it on a wrist wrench.

I prefer the feel of steel versus PVC personally

I think it would be a great to get both sizes in steel. Different feel same motion. I like the idea. Any plans on making more sizes or there really isn't any benefit in that?

Edited by KapMan

If anyone is going to the Arnold and wants to arrange the hand-off of one of the Death Grip Bells or a Napalm Pinch, hit me up.  We can make that happen.