2016 Nags Championship?

Eric Roussin

There hasn't been much talk about this year's NAGS Championship. Has a date officially been set yet? I believe the tentative date was June 4th...

Andrew and I have been discussing the contest. He asked for help with the organizing, and I accepted. It will still be at his gym.

We have the events narrowed down, and we are working on the rules, specifically for the wrist event.

Hoping to have everything announced by next week. It was going to be this week, but I am out of town Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday.

Thanks.

I'm personally not in too much of a hurry to see the event details. But I am eager to know the date, so that I can book time off sooner than later.

Yes, June 4th is the date.

While I'm here, these are the events that Andrew and I discussed.

1. 20mm Grippers (each hand)

2. Two Hands Pinch

3. DO Axle

4. Medley - same or very similar to last year in both time limit and challenges

5. In Out Sledge Rotations - like Chris Rice holds in his Medley each year. AMRAP switching back and forth between hands.

Like I said, more info to come.

• Like 1

AMRAP = As Many Reps As Possible

I won't be able to attend, but I would like to see the qualifying feats list, just to see how many I can do.

• Like 1

Yes, June 4th is the date.

While I'm here, these are the events that Andrew and I discussed.

1. 20mm Grippers (each hand)

2. Two Hands Pinch

3. DO Axle

4. Medley - same or very similar to last year in both time limit and challenges

5. In Out Sledge Rotations - like Chris Rice holds in his Medley each year. AMRAP switching back and forth between hands.

Like I said, more info to come.

You guys are gonna love the In and Out Rotations :)

So In Out Right - In Out Left - In Out Right etc back and forth??? And will it be a set weight for everyone for a set time limit or just go until you can't go no more???

I know - more info to come - just anxious is all.

Edited by climber511

Awesome! This will be my first NATS comp. forgive me for not using the search feature, but is there a qualifying lift/feat list?.. Id like to go ahead and qualify if i can.

Yeah Tommy!

Awesome! This will be my first NATS comp. forgive me for not using the search feature, but is there a qualifying lift/feat list?.. Id like to go ahead and qualify if i can.

Smashing the MM5 should cover you!

So In Out Right - In Out Left - In Out Right etc back and forth??? And will it be a set weight for everyone for a set time limit or just go until you can't go no more???

There will be a time limit, i.e. 60 seconds. You can use both hands and go back and forth. It's gonna be pretty intense, BUT I highly recommend people train for this, starting now.

There will be a time limit, i.e. 60 seconds. You can use both hands and go back and forth. It's gonna be pretty intense, BUT I highly recommend people train for this, starting now.

Jedd, can you post a video so we know what this event looks like?

Sure, it is in my Medley video from Gripmas. It's merely Supination Pronation:

Go to the 3 minute mark and you'll see Luke miss the Supination completely and then catch my Pronation.

Perhaps it is shown better in the 2014 Medley video:

Perhaps it is shown better in the 2014 Medley video:

Starts at about the 1:50 mark - that is an 8# sledge with a 1 1/4# plate attached or 9 1/4# on a 31 inch handle.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=38954

So no updates to the qualifying feats for this year? Just curious, not saying there has to be updates or anything. I'm going to see how many I can do this Spring.

Edited by bwwm
  • Like 1

So no updates to the qualifying feats for this year? Just curious, not saying there has to be updates or anything. I'm going to see how many I can do this Spring.

Tried that hammer in/out. It's no joke.

I'm interested as well, I'd atleast like to try even if I can go to the contest.

Edited by KapMan

Was there something you were thinking of that should be added? I wasn't thinking with the list of possible ways to qualify it would be necessary to add anything.