Wrist Wrench Vs Rolling Thunder

Jedd Johnson

My WW like tool from Mazurenko will arrive in a few days! Looking forward to train with it and how the handle surface is.

I would be willing to donate a "real" WW for NAGS events.

Ladies and Gents; you heard it here first!....odin will purchase the WW for contests! What a grand gesture. Problem is resolved. :sorcerer:

Edited by zcor

The WW has a gritty texture. How can you produce the same on your pvc?

Since the WW is not the standard, there is no need for a gritty texture. The point, is for Lucasraymond to make one for

contests competed in by Gripboard members as the standard. Not all members can or will pay $60 for a WW. So, one can be made and distributed to contests. According to Lucas it is simple to make. Therefore, members that will go to contest where the GB wrist tool is a featured event, can make their own trainer. It is a very simple process. According to Lucas, his wrist strap functions identical to the WW. All this idea is is to go around the expense of the WW but have the tool as an event for contest.

To not have debates about it, the Moderstors can pass or void the idea.

We have our own MM grippers for our own certs. Why not have our own designed WW

Moderators are not all NAGS decision-makers, are they? AFAIK these things are discussed behind by NAGS, not by GB mods collectively. I don't know why you're so interested anyway, do you compete?

Why do you want something with shitty texture like typical PVC to be used, anyway? IMO, all this will do is reduce the ceiling for the top lifters and narrow the overall spread of scores from top-to-bottom. The regular WW holds chalk and has decent texture. I would be willing to donate a "real" WW for NAGS events. I think it would be a good event to lift the WW to a standard height.

I personally would prefer a steel handled style versus PVC as I do not like the texture of the WW or normal PVC

I would be willing to donate a "real" WW for NAGS events.

Ladies and Gents; you heard it here first!....odin will purchase the WW for contests! What a grand gesture. Problem is resolved. :sorcerer:

Not sure what the big deal is you pay a butt load in other pieces of equipment. I see nothing wrong with supporting a member of the strength community.

You pay just as much in grippers and other stuff whether you buy here or from one of the sponsors.

I have a WW and would donate mine for contests.

• Like 2

My WW like tool from Mazurenko will arrive in a few days! Looking forward to train with it and how the handle surface is.

Would like to read your opinion about it too

I'm not a craftsman, so I buy my stuff. I wish I could of got it for $20, nevertheless I paid $60 and pleased with it. Got 65 pounds left and 60 right the first time. Also did some rows.

Has there been a stand alone event in competition yet with the WW - and if so what exact Wrist Wrench product was used? I know it's been in Medleys and used in training. If this event will be competed internationally then is our "pipe" measurement of 1.9" going to match up with their 50mm (2.08") in results - for PVC or steel)? There are reasons NAGS went with the IM Axle and not the much cheaper "pipe" bars for competition purposes. I have posed the Question to the NAGS group - let's see where it goes?

• Like 1

Has there been a stand alone event in competition yet with the WW - and if so what exact Wrist Wrench product was used? I know it's been in Medleys and used in training. If this event will be competed internationally then is our "pipe" measurement of 1.9" going to match up with their 50mm (2.08") in results - for PVC or steel)? There are reasons NAGS went with the IM Axle and not the much cheaper "pipe" bars for competition purposes. I have posed the Question to the NAGS group - let's see where it goes?

I agree Chris but the WW is 2.375" which 2" sch 80 pipe ends very close to that

Luke - what's the closest readily available metric size to 2 3/8"?

That Mazurenko handle arrived today - it's a really good product. For sure it's relatively easy to make on Your own but I wanted something perfect. And I know that I can't make one that good! The handle is made of some sort of plastiv (PVC?) and the gripping area is taped and You can get a good grip on it. But that doesn't help - if You are not strong enough! :grin: That thing has just a brutal torque!!! :whacked If I ever organize a competition I would make this an event - would be really interesting to see what people can lift on it! If You need to feel humbled - You need this thing...

That Mazurenko handle arrived today - it's a really good product. For sure it's relatively easy to make on Your own but I wanted something perfect. And I know that I can't make one that good! The handle is made of some sort of plastiv (PVC?) and the gripping area is taped and You can get a good grip on it. But that doesn't help - if You are not strong enough! :grin: That thing has just a brutal torque!!! :whacked If I ever organize a competition I would make this an event - would be really interesting to see what people can lift on it! If You need to feel humbled - You need this thing...

Yaw... The answer to the PVC texture issue.... Friction tape .Or a tape similar... Thank you for your insight Burkhard

Edited by zcor

Yaw... The answer to the PVC texture issue.... Friction tape .Or a tape similar... Thank you for your insight Burkhard

I think it's a linen duct tape. It's not like a tape You would put on a tennis racket. So it's not a soft tape! Tape of this kind would not survive the torque!

Luke - what's the closest readily available metric size to 2 3/8"?

60mm but it's a pain to find in the USA. 2.362" vs 2.375"

This is the only place I've been able to get metric material.

http://www.metricmetal.com/products/rdalum_tube.htm

I think it's a linen duct tape. It's not like a tape You would put on a tennis racket. So it's not a soft tape! Tape of this kind would not survive the torque!

Friction tape has industrial grade strength. It is cloth, impregnated with abrasives and rubber. Joe Kinney used it on his mounted wrist roller.

He said this type tape helped him roll up 250 and a lot more lbs than that, using the friction tape

Edited by zcor

Black and sticky hands is what that friction tape gives ya. Not something you would use in a contest.

A light dusting of chalk alleviates this. I have used the tape for years. Who said anything about contest use anyway?

Edited by zcor

That is fine with me, I prefer the steel handle personally but I would be game with for either or...only $20 each

Good deal. I suggest a proposal to the Gripboard Records keeper and request this tool be recognized as a standard for GB members that compete in the various contests through the year. Contest promoters can then decide to have it as an event at their venue.

PVC might be the best choice as it is an easier material to make for trainers.

If you are using self tapping screws the PVC and steel are not much different as far as making. Steel would give it the same material that most other grip implements are

Edited by Lucasraymond
  • Like 2

Black and sticky hands is what that friction tape gives ya. Not something you would use in a contest.

A light dusting of chalk alleviates this. I have used the tape for years. Who said anything about contest use anyway?

No, it doesn't.

I know that's not the book way to train, but I got wrist wrench and the flask this week, I been unable to put them down this week, basically using them daily, went up to 70 lbs on ww (60 few days ago) love both of those tools.

And 75 with my left, could be my best grip tool. Too bad I suck at pinching.

Edited by MRabich

I know that's not the book way to train, but I got wrist wrench and the flask this week, I been unable to put them down this week, basically using them daily, went up to 70 lbs on ww (60 few days ago) love both of those tools.

And 75 with my left, could be my best grip tool. Too bad I suck at pinching.

I agree! Wrist Wrench gave me a pump I've never felt before. Highly recommend.

Anyone know if the WW originally was intended to train the wrist for Arm Wrestling only? And not as an arm lifting tool.

Jedd ( here on the GB) is the first one I saw use it in the manner of the RT and as a trainer for the Inch. (arm lifting).

Is Jedd the originator of the WW for arm lifting is what I am asking.

Other videos of the WW on Youtube were all Arm Wrestling movements.

Edited by Rick Browne

Anyone know if the WW originally was intended to train the wrist for Arm Wrestling only? And not as an arm lifting tool.

Jedd ( here on the GB) is the first one I saw use it in the manner of the RT and as a trainer for the Inch. (arm lifting).

No the North Carolina boys had a contest with the WW...I believd Ron Bath (very good AW) won at around 101-102#...this was possibly even 2014

No the North Carolina boys had a contest with the WW...I believd Ron Bath (very good AW) won at around 101-102#...this was possibly even 2014

Thanks. Good to know