Kody Burns Is In The Grip Well!

Bill Piche

I've had the pleasure of talking training with Kody several times now. In a way I think his crazy work schedule helps him. He does these crazy hard and long workouts - then his work kind of "makes him" take time to recover and allow for super compensation to occur (otherwise I think he'd have died doing some of the workouts he has told me about :) ). I think the thing that surprised me the most when I met him is how long he had been training his grip before jumping onto the competition scene - that strength didn't just happen overnight. He's very innovative also - coming up with new things to solve weaknesses he sees in his training.

• Like 3

I think the thing that surprised me the most when I met him is how long he had been training his grip before jumping onto the competition scene - that strength didn't just happen overnight. He's very innovative also - coming up with new things to solve weaknesses he sees in his training.

^ this is what motivates me to keep going. I sometimes talked myself almost into quitting griptraining because I wasn't doing all the stuff the big guys did and it just seemed I was never going to accomplish anything. After almost 5 years of training, googling a lot, watching vids, following other people's methods - who's advice was always very much appreciated - I now start to understand how my body works and what kind of stimulus it reacts to in a positive way. Progress comes with trial and error. This is awesome reading material. Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1

All questions should have now been submitted. No more questions for Kody. We actually let the questions run longer than a week.

Let's now give him a chance to answer them all.

Thanks everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Kody, big congrats on all you've been able to achieve in such a short time! I'm wondering if you would be willing to share some details on your 8 hour training sessions? Do you do this mainly because you only have time to train one day per week, or have you found other benefits to the longer workouts? Any chance you could give us a rough idea of what your training template looks like? Thanks for doing the grip well!

Thank you very much ! The long training sessions were because of time restraints from my work schedule. I worked 12 hr swing shift for 5+ years. This started a couple years before I broke into the sport. Trying to fight the sleep schedule just wasn't working. Once I got a house and a garage I just trained as much as possible. 8 hr training days were very common and 10-12 hrs as much as I could. It all comes down to time. You have to make the time to train grip. I always found that the easiest way to keep training is to find some lightweight active recovery tools that you like. There is all kinds to choose from. Dexterity balls, Rubber Bands for the Extensors, Light Sledgehammer Fingerwalks, Light 2 Inch Wrist Roller, basically light anything, Grippers etc.. I loved training long workouts because you get a chance to hit every angle you can think of. As long as you are conscious about balancing the exercises to keep the joints and muscles evenly worked then you can basically train as long as you want. And I don't just train grip for the 8-12hr workouts. It's everything, all the body work I can get in as well. The idea is to stay busy. Time Under Stress = Work. Studies have shown that higher outputs of strength can be released simply by lightening up the stress and maximizing the time. When you apply this moderation to your grip training this is how new levels are reached. This isn't the way I always trained. I learned the hard way and paid the price many times when I couldn't train at all from injuries. Now this is the only way I like to train. I don't care about PR's. Try not to let yourself get in the habit of only seeing PR's as a certain amount of weight lifted. Instead look at it from more of a time standpoint. Like it's your job. When you start a new job, just like a new exercise, it takes time for certain muscles to learn new things like time adaptation. Once things become easy or easier, then you make it hard again, add a little weight and do it a little longer. I might not be able to explain it the best but I try to do this naturally in every aspect of work in all its forms the best I can. Here is a link to maybe explain the science behind it. I don't claim to have applied this technique. This is the best way to describe how I approach my training. I think the results are better. Some day when you feel real good you go for a max day. Then it's back to lightweight active recovery. Depending on the severity of pain the hands get put through, off days are treated more like rehabilitation exercise days or hyperactive recovery days.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/time-to-grow.html

Edited by kodyburns
  • Like 1

Hi Kody thanks for doing This. I think for a lot of people You are the number one guy they wanted to see in the grip well.

I would really just like to know all of the stuff people already asked. What does your training look like? How often do You train grip? Do You split grippers, thickbar, pinch or do You do it all in one session? Do You do more volume/reps or more intensity/singles? Any specific things You do for recovery? And most of all, hoe the hell do You keep progressing even when You are already at an insanely high level??

Thanks Royz ! I hope to have cleared some things up for you in the previous answers. I train as much as possible. With Grip you have so many options literally at your fingertips, there is no reason to not have various pieces of equipment that keep you balanced and injury resistant. I don't think the hands can be patterned down to any one exercise or exercises that will work for me as well as you or vice versa. Sessions depend on the length of time I have to train. You can definitley train all three in one workout if you want. To me its almost easier, the hands are already heated up so why not. Sometimes I dont have time, so you can either train all three areas like a quick circuit based rotation, or sometimes I'll just train one area the whole time. Its ever changing. The best thing to I can tell you is to try to be somewhat predictable with what you see yourself accomplishing. Set a goals that are new, unique, just out of reach. Start small, so you get a taste of the satisfaction, Maybe a certain amount of sets at 20 reps. It's all a psychological perception game you have to play with yourself. You have to find new ways to stir up the inspiration and motivation to keep pushing yourself. Just like anything else you love in life, you find a way to do what you love or seek what you love. There's a big difference in training for fun and training because you love the way it makes you feel. When you find that passion for whatever goal it may be, you embrace the pain, you embrace the struggle, which ultimatley and hopefully leads to embracing success !!

• Like 2

Kody,

I knew you were a beast, but over the years the accomplishments blend together. Your list of accomplishments is most impressive, bro.

I wish you the best in health and recovery from your chronic injuries.

I'd like to ask about your training methods for things like 2" Vertical Bar and LBH. Do you have a certain grip application technique that you like most? I have a very hard time getting comfortable with vertical support lifts, so I'm particularly interested in your thoughts along these lines.

Thanks.

Thanks a ton Jedd ! Im hoping to take that next step in the better direction very soon.

When I train either one of these lifts they are always trained secondary to 2 inch wrist roller and 2inch leverage bar. These 2 exercises are my primary exercises to get the hands warmed up. My implement exercises are worked in between these primary exercises 9 times out of 10 no matter what the goal may be. I look at either one of the lifts (Vbar & LBH) as being an implement and position most guys have probably never felt comfortable with including me because of the degree of torque and stress angle it puts the hand in. You have to get comfortable in the uncomfortable. One way I broke my OCD feeling of this is by doing another primary favorite of mine, Sledgehammer Fingerwalks. When I first started it was a weird uncomfortable feeling like my hand said "no I don't want to do this", right then I knew I had to overcome this awkward weak feeling. After a couple sessions the hands woke up and progressed even better than expected. Considering how weak I felt initially and how quickly the gains came after beginning to train this one exercise I knew right away it was a very great overall grip exercise. I compared this exercise much like the first time I ever squatted. It really sucked. Then you realize the ones that really suck are the ones that potentially have the greatest reward. As much as I like the fingerwalks theyre only half the equation, dexterity balls being the other half. One thing I changed a few years back that also helped me with Grip training and somewhat helps sensitize and strengthen the hand to mind connection is stop counting everything. If youve never tried it, it might feel strange from the start and you will have the tendency to start counting out of habit. This is great practice and is tough to do 100% of the time. It forces you to tune in to your body. I've gotten to the point now where I can be doing one exercise and after several reps and feeling the movement in my mind its like the hand can clue me in on what it wants to do next. It might be a simple twitch of a muscle or slight strain in my wrist somewhere. I instantly listen and figure out the exercise that needs adjusted to keep everything fine tuned. Kinda like tuning in a guitar. The strings being your tendons and ligaments. Sometimes the only way to fine tune things is to just play and listen. The better I got at listening, the better you will get at playing and/or training and better sound and/or strength will take its place. The only times I put my hands on the actual implements would be for timed holds usually no more than 5 - 10 seconds at a time with 50% - 80% ratio of max with multiple sets, or lightweight multiple reps/sets, or just to see where I am max wise. One good lightweight exercise you can do to help break any mental barriers with the vbar is take take your empty vbar in your hand on any active recovery day or light volume day and just spin it with one hand or fingerwalk it. With the Little Big Horn one simple but very brutal exercise I like is just taking the empty horn and spinning it in your hand with one hand similar as the vbar. I turn it upside down and right side up when I do them. It's also great for the hand to get in and out of the position of holding the horn all while keeping the hands resorting back to the basic shape of the object when spinning it. Taper down is easier for me to do than Taper up. It's very a awkward position but very dexterity do-able.

Progressivly awkward is where I see the results. When the awkward goes away then more weight or time duration is needed to make it awkward again. Great offset training exercise that keeps the connective tissue healthy and the recovery blood flowing. Hope this helps Jedd !!

• Like 2

Kody, it was a pleasure meeting you and watching you "work", this Gripmas. Thanks so much for climbing into the well. With all your accomplishments, I think we may have had to throw you in whether you volunteered or not. ;) Gonna go easy on you…and just start you off with 10 questions.

1. I think a critical part of training (in general) is finding the right balance between work and rest. If you hit the Powerball tomorrow and could devote as much time to training as you possibly wanted…would you even change your current program? (follow up…) If so, what would you do?

2. You are part of a very elite group of gripsters. At what point in your training did you realize you could actually compete (and win) events? (follow up…) Did this change your focus and training any?

3. Physical training is a life long journey…can you share a few epiphanies (grip or otherwise) you've had along the way?

4. What impact has marriage and children had on the Kody Burns you used to be?

5. Two things have not (in general) happened in Gripsport. One…strongmen have not really been grip-centric. Two…there has not really been anyone training grip from a very young age. When/if either of these things happen…do you think that today's elite standard is even compete? (follow up...) Are we even close to human potential?

6. What part do you think that "ego" plays in helping or hampering someone achieving his/her goals?

7. Do you know why you train Gripsport? (follow up…) If so, can you share the reasons?

8. Do you have an ultimate grip goal(s)? (follow up…) If so, how do you plan on achieving it(them)?

9. What with the hat? …and the rubber bands?

10. What are your three favorite movies?

Thanks!

Nate, Thanks ! It was great to finally meet you.
1. Yes I would absolutely train more. I think there is an adaptability factor to the hands that they are kinda under the discretion of what the mind tells them to do. I think I could become even more balanced if I could train longer which in turn would create a stronger, more solid foundation which leads to bigger and faster steps forward to progress.
2. The realization came as my 2 Hand Pinch numbers began to climb. It certainly changed my approach to how I train. My first couple contests I had no concept of healing time or technique. At that point I started to think about the quality of my workouts more, thats where the long nights of training worked perfectly. The long nights are where I gained some good ground. Only way to understand it is to try it sometime. Devote a whole day to nothing but solid work. Endurance grip strength is easier for me to keep everything in check versus specific implement training. I would rather train a broad array of overall strengthening exercises than train implement specific. Don't get me wrong, sometimes there is no other assistance exercises that carry over very easy and implement training is very important. Most of the time I try to look for various movement exercises that directly effect the same connective tissue and muscles that are used in the static contraction hold of the implement being contested. You have to make all the muscles and connective tissue experience all levels of change so they adapt and learn to function in all different ways that life or competing will throw at you. Holds for Time, Speed Work, Isometrics, Light Volume, Slow concentration, Heavy work, Stretching, Contrast Baths, Rest,Rest,Rest, Repeat. If your not doing some of these I would encourage you and others to experiment with each and every one of these areas. If you want to take your grip to the next level you have to apply each and every one of these areas into your training program if you expect to take any steps to the next level. If not, you might see gains for awhile, then say something happens and your out of training for awhile. The less multi dimensional you become the more prone to injuries you will become. And when you get minor strains or injuries they will linger a lot longer and you will suffer longer and train a lot less. If your serious about wanting to succeed you need to arrange your grip routine so that you are hitting each one of these areas once every 2 or 3 weeks. Changing it up allows each area to heal while you tackle the next area. The constant change, constant healing from not over training one area too much, and balancing these areas are the best thing you can do for overall grip health and grip strength that will last. There is an investment in teaching your hands to learn all these areas. The reward is they will help you learn and understand and develop and strengthen the hand/mind connection which is a powerful tool. In order to tap into it you have to subject your hands to all the various levels of torture you can throw at it.
3. One thing I have learned is that if you take care of your body and grip, they will take care of you. Try to not look at grip strength as something you have or do but rather something you keep like a good strong memory of something, it should always stay with you. Not enough time for this one....I could go on and on with life situations and revelations in training that weirdly coincided. Maybe another day....

4. My marriage and children have developed a part of me I couldn't be more thankful for. I have had wrong, done wrong, lived wrong, been wrong and then some. Thankfully I was touched by Gods healing hands (total pun intended). Through all the pain which God let me receive, and at my own will, I learned that pain and trials and suffering God will sometimes allow so you can learn from your mistakes. I wish I could of known God sooner in my life. It has made me feel more, love more, and more appreciative of everything and everyone in my life. My marriage, children, and family are my strength and always will be.

5. Not even close in my opinion. The passion and drive keeps reaching younger generations. With the internet information on the rise things could get very interesting in the coming years. Kids being exposed at very young ages of training and techniques it took us years to digest. Laziness and selfie syndrome will still thin the herd but we all know there is that one kid out there who will be exposed to Grip in some shape or form and will hopefully fuel him on to bigger and better things. I would love to see someone steer Grip right into the Olympics someday.

6. The ego can be one heck of a problem. I try to steer clear and pray as much as possible for wisdom and guidance that I don't trip up and fall victim. It can literally destroy you from the inside out along with your sanity. I try to humble myself as much as possible. Better for the heart that way.

7. No real reason other than I enjoy the way it makes me feel about myself, much like therapy it helps me relieve stress, helps me concentrate, cope with life, and I just want strong hands. I think they are valuable tools, weapons, etc.

8. The ultimate grip goal for me is the one no one has ever done and that almost everyone has said would never happen. 3/20kgs would be the all time greatest feat for me. #4's have been closed and almost certed. I've never seen anyone ever remotely close to 3/20kgs at any width. I'm following the strengths I have going for me. 50 years from now I would guess that the #4 CCS cert list will be 3 times bigger than the number of guys who will pinch 3/20kg plates to lockout.

9. I've always wore hats, even as a kid I remember people asking me while I wear them so much. Maybe from all the head injuries there is something to be said about it. Maybe its my fake helmet so nothing falls on my head and cracks my skull anymore :)

10. Wow you save the toughest one for last ? WTH ? I'll say Braveheart, The Natural, & Snatch .

• Like 3

It was a pleasure to meet you are Gripmas.

At that competition I noticed something.

Even with you doing all those incredible feats of grip, you never take off your wedding ring.

I do not like to wear jewelry so after getting married in 2007 having a ring on was a huge adjustment-- and I was not even doing grip back then.

Now days, I take off the wedding ring for almost any physical task, and I might not put it back on for days. My wife is cool with this so that also helps keep me comfortable.

My father on the other hand, he never took his ring off a day of his married life.

so...

Does wearing the ring not bother you, or did you make a personal decision to not take it off?

I assume if you left it on for competition, you must also have it on when you train... but please do tell... and thanks for your time here in the Grip Well.

Rich, it was greeting meeting you too !

I used to never compete or train with my ring on. Now that I've got the rubber Qalo ring it makes it alot easier. I don't even notice it since it is so lightweight. And it makes the wife happy that I wear it more too. Of I remember to take it off I will for training but most of the time I forget I'm wearing it honestly.

Kody, I look forward to hearing about how you train pinch but also would love to hear the thoughts behind the protocol. To me the why something is a part of someones training better explains how it should be done and the purpose behind that part of a protocol.

Thanks,

Aaron

Thanks Aaron ! I hope some of the previous answers help you make sense of how I structure my training. Most of the implements in Gripsport are static/isometric lifts. Not all but a lot are. To me what makes sense with training is to use the same muscles as your using with whichever implement your training for but using them in movement based exercises. If your tested on an isometric lift then train the movement muscles of those same muscles. The dynamic work has to be just as important as the static work. Most of the time I will work both in the same workout. For instance, if I'm working isometric pinch on the euro I will do speed work on the TTK. If I'm working heavy pinch I will try to work the same muscles dynamically with high reps. And this goes for my whole body in general too. Anything heavy that I do is always followed by lighter volume assistance type exercises that support the same muscles and movements. This means your working both the connective tissues and the muscles two different ways in the same workout. This is how I continue to balance my workouts. Heavy day implement training is always worked with high volume assistance support work with the same muscles . Light day volume implement training is always worked with heavy assistance support work. Isometric\Holds For Time training is always worked with speed work training. Kill It w\ Heavy weight & Heal w/ Light weight. I try not to work pinch more than once a week. All the work is relative to the present goal. For the most part I dont like to train implements that much. Most of my work is done with movement exercises rather than static lifts. Balancing these are crucial for progress I believe.
  • Like 1

Thanks Kody for doing this. And congratulations on your two hand pinch world record and dare I say the best one hand pincher right now too (with yiur crazy long hold on the 2 25kg). Most questions I wanted to ask you tey asked you above. But for the one hand pinch, what dobyou helped you most raising the 2 25kg so easily? Please explain the training method you did and how often? And is it true you only train once a week? How long is your grip session and your focus? What else besides grip do you do?

Thanks

No problem Bro ! Always here to help anyway I can. Thanks !! The 2/25kg plates lift I didn't train for specifically. I was training Silver Bullet quite a bit leading up to Gripmas. That might have helped me. The way I was training SB was by just using my easiest gripper (CoC Guide) and placing the SB between the handles but without any weight hanging from the SB. It doesn't sound like much but I am able to hold the empty SB between the Guide handles for over 5 minutes.

I also do EuroPinch holds for time every once I awhile. I might work up to 115-120lbs on the 1HP an do 10-15 second holds for as many sets as I am capable of holding for 10 seconds. When I cant do holds for at least 10 seconds with 3-5 minute breaks in between that I am done. I always pinch at 50mm 1HP or thinner. Thin pinch holds for time work wonders for the following workout PR's. I can usually count on a decent pinch PR if I work thin pinch a couple weeks before I test max. After I'm done I work speed various ways and work on stretching. Average workout times vary but right now I work with the time restraints I currently have which only allows be 4-6 hours. Don't be afraid to lighten up the weight and just do a ton of sets. If your still getting solid movements and your form is good than you can keep on working. If you start getting sloppy, lighten up and keep going or go with slow concentration style movements. I always try to do contrast baths before every workout if I have the time, and on the off days as much as possible too. These help healing better than anything. You can't do enough of them. Hope this helps !

Edited by kodyburns
  • Like 2

Kody, you have desire to repeat the feats:1. Anvil Richard Sorin weighing 100 pounds 4.5 inches wide - with one hand to take a pinch. Chad could only Woodall, Mike Burke, and himself Richard Sorin.2. Blobzilla, or 30 kg blob legacy - can draw, I'm sure, but take the clean and Ipress - could only Snook Lane, Burke, and Brian Shaw.3. 2 45-pound plates York, the old, the total width of 4 inches - to carry 10 feet - could only Richard Sorin.4. Blob with the extra weight - Wade Gillingham 81.5lbs.5. Record Adam Glass - 350 pounds for 2 V-Bar, would you purposefully preparing to break this record?6. Will you be ready to break the world record for the Little Big Horne, now owned by Laine Snook 107.29 kg and, in particular, beat to training record of Adam Glass on it - 110 kg?7. Do you plan to prepare to return his title on the Silver Bullet - to surpass the result in 65.28 sec?

8. Three 35-pound plates York, which are fixed on the same axis, pinch grip 1 hand- this could be done only by Brian Shaw.Good Luck!

I would love to try the 4.5 Anvil pinch. I just don't train for implements I don't have. If I had them to try I would bet I would devote some time but I don't. Blobs don't thrill me a whole lot. They're fun to play with but once I was able to lift a few different ones I lost interest. Same with the Inch Dumbell, I lifted a couple different ones to lockout back when I first got my Euro back in 2013. Once I could do it I didn't feel the need to lift it anymore. I try to stay fresh with them every now and then but they are not in my training program. I'd like to have a old style set of old York 45s to try. I believe I can break the current Little Big Horn record and the 350 Vbar record without a doubt. I bet I've only went max on my LBH maybe 4 times and max Vbar maybe 3 times. Like I said previously, most of my work isn't done with actual implements. I do plan on trying to break the SB Record again but have a hard time finding the motivation when the whole integrity of the world record and judging has been compromised. The 3-35's are somewhat of interest but I'm going for the 3/20kgs instead. To me it's more impressive and I don't have to have Brian Shaw or Wade Gillingham size hands to do it either. Plus I imagine they outweigh me by 150-200lbs easy. To be able to pull something off that these guys couldn't do would make me happy :) Edited by kodyburns
  • Like 2

Do you have any gripper goals and what do you want to focus on more in the future?

I would like to Certify on the CoC 3.5 but I haven't got my upper body strength back enough to make a run for it. If I have to get back surgery then maybe afterwards I could make a go at it. Right now I haven't got the total body health or strength to even begin to entertain the idea. If anything I will try to continue working with Silver Bullet and making myself stronger in that area for now.

Edited by kodyburns

Kody, was a pleasure meeting you recently at Gripmas. Lots of great questions here so far.

Soo.....any bending for you down the road?

I highly doubt I will ever bend again. I enjoyed the little time I had with it before I seperated my shoulder bending one day without warming up. That was the final problem in me deciding to have shoulder surgery. I shouldn't of even tried bending with my neck, back, and shoulder problems I already had. It was completely stupid of me to even attempt to think my body was healthy enough to attempt bending. My hands were definitely strong enough and that's what got me, I didn't realize how much upper body strength was needed. I thought it was all hand, wrist, and forearms. Much to my delight I found out the hard way like most ways I learn. I did wobble a Red nail the first time I tried it. Wasn't long after that attempt the shoulder gave way. I respect all the benders put there but unfortunately I won't be joining on all the fun.
  • Like 1

Hey Kody, I don't know if this has been asked already.

Not including a euro/block, what are other ways you have trained your thumbs and what did you find to have the best carry over to your pinch?

John, what carries over best for me is 2 inch wrist roller and 2 inch leverage bar from Ironmind. My first two Grip tools I ever bought besides grippers and both my favorite.

Hi Kody. Do you train pull ups or hangs at all? If so, how does that training look? Thank you for taking the time to do this.

I don't do much pull ups or hang work too often. Still somewhat difficult for my neck and back.

Hi Kody,

From what I'm reading your training is more or less 'intuitive'. Some people might call it 'biofeedback'. I've always found this to be extremely difficult. Maybe I'm just really bad at listening to my body or maybe I just have a really strong desire for a structured approach.

Do you have any tips you could share about this intuitive approach?

As it has given you such great results!

You will get better at it as time goes by. It took me a long time to get used to it. Injuries and setbacks are really what helped me figure it out. I was forced to be choosey and limited with what I could focus on alot of times. Getting in a weekly routine should help. The hardest thing to do sometimes is not training at all but I started learning that you have to try to completely heal the hands between workouts if you want to make progress. Once you know the difference and can distinguish the feeling of fully healed and not healed and and the consequences of training in both conditions you will see major advances in the quality of strides in training when you are fully healed and fresh. Also you have to see and feel the setbacks when you train without being close to fully healed. This just comes from putting in training time. You can definitely still get stronger but over time you will see the bigger steps in improvement when you learn to tell the difference in your hands being ready to train or are they needing more contrast baths. Contrast baths taught me alot about healing. One thing to pay attention to when your doing contrast baths in the ice water is that when the hands start to go number in the ice water the areas of your hand that are strained or still hurting will show up in the ice water. The areas of the hand, wrist, or forearms that aren't healed will go numb last. So when your at that point you can begin to start to become aware more of which areas are still sore and need more healing. The when you go back to the hot bucket you just work the warm blood into those areas. You will see amazing results if you do them back and forth long enough. The more you do them, tell more in touch and aware the mind will start to be in telling you and showing you when they start to feel good again and when it's time to go back to work. Then on your off days you will notice much like the contrast baths how your hands feel and what that feeling means.
  • Like 2

I've had the pleasure of talking training with Kody several times now. In a way I think his crazy work schedule helps him. He does these crazy hard and long workouts - then his work kind of "makes him" take time to recover and allow for super compensation to occur (otherwise I think he'd have died doing some of the workouts he has told me about :) ). I think the thing that surprised me the most when I met him is how long he had been training his grip before jumping onto the competition scene - that strength didn't just happen overnight. He's very innovative also - coming up with new things to solve weaknesses he sees in his training.

Ding Ding Ding Ding....winner winner chicken dinner !!! Chris nailed this on the money :)

I think the thing that surprised me the most when I met him is how long he had been training his grip before jumping onto the competition scene - that strength didn't just happen overnight. He's very innovative also - coming up with new things to solve weaknesses he sees in his training.

^ this is what motivates me to keep going. I sometimes talked myself almost into quitting griptraining because I wasn't doing all the stuff the big guys did and it just seemed I was never going to accomplish anything. After almost 5 years of training, googling a lot, watching vids, following other people's methods - who's advice was always very much appreciated - I now start to understand how my body works and what kind of stimulus it reacts to in a positive way. Progress comes with trial and error. This is awesome reading material.

That's what it's all about Geralt !! After while it becomes like second nature. You are your best teacher !

• Like 2

Back before any of you were born I got a "how to" booklet from somewhere. It talked about how/why old time sailors were so strong. Talking about sailing ship sailors - not modern day sailors. The story went that during a storm etc they were forced to work unbelievably hard and long - often long past exhaustion. But then the sun came out and they rested and recovered. There is something to be said historically about what Kody has found on his own.

• Like 4

I hope I didn't miss any questions. I hope I was able to help you guys in some way. If there's ever any questions or concerns you have down the road, don't hesitate message me. Anyone who would like to come train with me is more than welcome to at anytime. You can come for a day or two if you want. Just have to cover your hotel stay at local hotel for a night. We can cover so much more hands on. I will not hold back any training knowledge. I will teach anyone anything they want me to for free. I will share any and all training methods for any and all implements that interest you. Thanks for having me guys ! Hope I was able to help !!

Back before any of you were born I got a "how to" booklet from somewhere. It talked about how/why old time sailors were so strong. Talking about sailing ship sailors - not modern day sailors. The story went that during a storm etc they were forced to work unbelievably hard and long - often long past exhaustion. But then the sun came out and they rested and recovered. There is something to be said historically about what Kody has found on his own.

Thank you Chris !! Great point !!

• Like 6

Thank you so much for sharing all of this valuable training information! Very interesting stuff!

Awesome thread here. Great information presented... Sums up almost three years of training with you bro!

Thanks Kody for sharing while knowing it took so much of your time and you did write from your heart. Much appreciated !

Thanks to Kody for doing this and everyone for all the great questions. I am closing this up now. :)

• Like 2