Magnus Samuelsson And #4?

Griparn

I just read some intresting thing in Magnus Samuelssons last newsletter on his homepage. He said he was happy about the RT record, because he didn't expect much as he only had tried it once before some years ago.

He also says that his handstrength seems to be "back in top", because he has been able to squeze the IM #4 gripper a few times.

I don't doubt he can close it, but what do the rest of guys think?

Just wanted to share this information for you non-swedish speaking people. :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maverick

• Strong Man

• Tom of Iowa2

• Matt Van Weele

I'll believe it when I'll see a pic, a video or a report from someone credible in the iron game.

I recognize Magnus as one of the world's top strongman but sincerely, I don't believe his claim.

I think it's possible. Dr. Strossen told me about a contest back in 98 or sometime. He said the contest was over and Magnus came ove and clicked the #3 quite loud a few times in each hand and that was done right after a grueling strongman contest. I've also heard hes done 10 reps with a #3 since.

Perhaps he did not mean that he closed it, but that he

squeezed it- not to split hairs, but maybe he meant partial range reps?

Roark, I did thought about that myself. But I think he means that he have fully closed it, by reading his post.

Maybe you should visit his web page and ask him about it? That would at least clear up the speculation about what he meant. Then we would only have to speculate about whether or not he is being truthful. ;)

Mike M.

I'm sorry, I thought there was a address for asking questions. I must be thinking of someone elses web page. Again, sorry.

Mike M.

Guest gripmaster316

Its true he has strong hands, but closing the 4 a few times???? Perhaps he really meant partials. Sometimes we have to think outside the box. Skepticism is duely noted (close the 4 a few times????)

I talked to him about this in Vegas. I wasn't going to mention it on here since there is no proof. He meant full closes and a few times means on a few occasions. I told him if that was the truth he better not wait any longer because there are a few guys ready to do this at any time. Unfortunately I didn't have my #4 out there. BTW, I believe him but like everyone else will be skeptical until I see the proof.

Wade

Guest gripmaster316

Wade, your input has been appreciated. This #4 thing coming from you is almost changing my mind. If he really is closing the 4 then congrats to him. But a picture of him closing it might help the non-believers. I am honestly on the fence about this thing now. All I want (I am sure lots of other people want it) is proof.

i really don't understand why someone who participates in strongmen events to prove that he's one of the strongest doesn't give a proof that he has one of the strongest hands

Thanks for the input Wade.

Now it's getting exciting to see who will be the second person to certifie on #4. :rock

Perhaps he did not mean that he closed it, but that he

squeezed it- not to split hairs, but maybe he meant partial range reps?

Ditto: in which case we've all 'squeezed it' with only Joe K and maybe Nathan H actually closing it.

i really don't understand why someone who participates in strongmen events to prove that he's one of the strongest doesn't give a proof that he has one of the strongest hands

A.May not quite understand the importance of it? :cool OR didn't realize it til he spoke with Wade?

B.may not be a big deal to him?(as apparently setting a new WR in the RT was without much practice...came pretty easy too) :D

C.Closing the #4 Doesn't make him any money so what the heck :laugh

D.As with this 'cat'from Estonia who just hit a 267#Rolling Thunder there may(possibly?)be some huge grips out there and it may be hard for most of us to comprhend how strong these guys really are???

I think somebody should give him a phone call or snail mail him a letter so he can get a pic into Iron mind.

The most fair for everybody who want to be certified on CoC#4 is to use Joe Kinney's Gripper. Because it seems to be a very hard CoC#4 and it's possible to compare the strenght between the competitors. I think Strossen can borrow Joe Kinney´s gripper for certification.

I just called IM about a few things and mentioned rumors of Magnus closing a #4. Elizabeth didn't know anything about it. She said maybe Randy might know. I guess I wouldn't doubt it. Dr. Strossen told me that story I mentioned early about him slamming a #3 casually after a contest and he seemed very impressed on the phone at how easily Magnus closed it. I think if Magnus has been working alot with the grippers he probably is closing it.

That Magnus he'll impress anybody for no reason, ya respect that :bow:bow:bow

Guest gripmaster316

It would be pretty incredible if he was closing the 4 and not realizing how important it is... perhaps he can give us a picture for proof?????

Well i'm pretty sure he knows at least a little bit of how important it might be. Hew could either be acting humble or he may not be in some big hurry. After all his site does mention his exceptional hand strength, and even mentions him being one of the first 20 people in the world to be certified for closing the #3.

Well sure.I'd guess he has a clue.

But i don't think he's a member of the forum.Not a zealot :laugh

He set the WR Rolling Thunder probably because he was a 'guest' at the strongman contest that was held in vegas.i.e.i don't think he WENT to Vegas to DO the Rolling thunder contest?he was probably paid to be there...sort of a celebrity 'guest' like Kaz.

I just don't think he's a grip 'fanatic' :blush ..he just has a fantastic grip.

I could be wrong though.

I remember an old post by 1stCoC in which he was telling us about meeting Magnus and how much Magnus' grip had impressed him. I don't remember everything from the post but I do recall a strong vote of confidence regarding a future close of the #4. Perhaps 1stCoC was right.

Mike M.