Under The Radar - Grip Profile - Christopher Andrade

anwnate

Today I would like to introduce Christopher "Tank" Andrade.

I've competed with Chris with a number of times and even managed to grab a quick lunch with him while driving through CT. He is a pleasure to be around. As might be able to tell by his profile picture, his passion for Gripsport is not equaled by many. His son has already started to train Grip and I expect great things from him in the future. Let's find out a little more about the man they call "Tank."

Chris pic.png

Six questions to get to know Christopher.

1. What are your stats? Gripboard Name, Age, height (inches/meters), weight (lbs/kgs), left/right dominant hand size (cm/in), country, city (or region…whatever you are comfortable with), married/single, kids, occupation ("international spy" is acceptable)

Gripboard Name : Tank Andrade

Height :
5' 7" (1.70 mtr)

Weight : 210lbs (90.7 kg)

Dominant Hand size : 19.7 cm (7.75")

Country/City : Derby, Connecticut (USA)
Marital Status : I live with my gorgeous girlfriend Amber ( who holds the U.S record for IM hub ) and have a 9 year old son Anthony.

2. Why did you start training grip (and how long is it now)?

I started training for strongman competition in 2011. After my first contest, I realized how much straps helped my deadlift. It was then I began my study of grip strength. Soon after, I discovered Jedd and the Diesel Crew. I joined "The Grip Authority" and quickly entered my first grip comp in 2013.

3. Before you die, what is your ULTIMATE grip goal/goals?

I want to clean the INCH! It just seems like a superhuman feat. That said, Bending is my very favorite discipline. I would like to one day work my way up to the top of the Bastard List.

4. How do you currently structure your overall training/how do you incorporate your grip training?

I'm currently running 5/3/1 four days a week. One day a week I do a heavy bending and (fun) feat day. My current split is bench/pinch, deads/ thickbar, push press/ wrists, squats/grippers.

5. What hobby (other than grip/bending/lifting) do you enjoy?

Mountain biking and boxing when there is time. I mostly just spend time with my family, it helps that we all train together. My son Anthony has caught the grip-bug and plans on doing his first powerlifting meet next year.

6. Who's UTR Grip Profile would you like to see?

I would like to see a profile of David Mitti.

Thanks Chris, David will be profiled in two weeks. This series will return next Wednesday with Lucas Raymond.

• Like 20

Good read! I was lucky enough to meet Chris and Amber at a MO grip contest in 2014. Both were very pleasant, approachable, and enthusiastic.

• Like 3

Big Chris! I love this dude. Awesome guy.

I also WHOOPED HIS BUTT at "name that tune/artist" ALL NIGHT LONG as we drove back from Gripmas to my house, with Luke trying to sleep in the back seat.

Chris grew up with some of the cast from the show Blossom, and has met Salt n' Peppa before too. Not sure why that didn't make it into the interview.

• Like 4

Good interview!

• Like 2

I always enjoy seeing Chris, Amber and Anthony. Great people.

• Like 3

Chris grew up with some of the cast from the show Blossom, and has met Salt n' Peppa before too. Not sure why that didn't make it into the interview.

I'll take that as a request for an additional question. While I'm attempting to keep them reasonably brief, in upcoming profiles, I'll add something to allow for a more personal input. Thanks.

• Like 1

Good stuff Christopher, enjoyed reading this. The man was shrouded in mysteries till know. Lol

• Like 2

He's also from the Town called home for 4 years before I joined the service. My dad and brother still live in Derby.

• Like 1

He and Amber are just good people - and strong ones :).

Edited by climber511
  • Like 2

Love me some Chris and Amber. As Chris said... good people!

• Like 1

Love me some Chris and Amber. As Chris said... good people!

Rindo ! great to hear from you buddy hope all is awesome !

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I am lucky enough to have tank as my lifelong friend and grip training partner and i couldnt ask for better 

• Like 4