Scott Mendelson Beats Travis Bagent

greppstark

All I can say is wowwwww!!!! I didn't think Mendelson had an arm that could take down Bagent being there's so much more technique involved. Although, I'm not really too surprised Mendelson's press was going to be the way he put down Bagent in the straps. That was AWESOME!!

• 1 month later...

Dang! Mandelson just started arm wrestling competitively this year, didnt he?.. And not only is he on a table with Bagent, but beating him? Wuuuut?

I know Bagent is a beast lefty, but his right aint exactly a pushover either.

Absolutely no pushover with the right.....he's beaten a strong brzenk with that right...that says it all.

Why are the heavy weights 230 and up? Hes giving up 100 pounds on Mendy, isnt he? I know jack shit about the sport but 100 pounds is alot of weight....

I didnt even know Mendy was still alive. Last I saw him he got out of breath doing an interview and had that fluid in the lungs cough every 5 seconds.

Like in other sports, weight classes in armwrestling vary by organization. The World Armwrestling League (the leading professional league) has just four weight classes: 165/195/225/226+. They have fewer classes so that they can offer bigger prizes provide better television coverage. If you can only have four classes, the debate becomes which four are the best? In armwrestling, many of the top 225-lb pullers are able to compete right along with the top super-heavyweights. Elite pullers like John Brzenk, Devon Larratt, and Marcio Barboza are examples. This is one of the reasons that there isn’t as much of a need for a higher weight class as perhaps there would be in other sports.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2015 at 6:46 PM, slazbob said:

It was righty tho.... Thought it was lefty when I read the title. Ha

I know I am late on this one but he raises a good point. Not that I am a Travis fan or fanatic but I do know he is known for his lefty hand power and is known to be weaker on the right side.

Would be interesting to see devon arm wrestle scott. I think devon would win based on his strength but mainly his endurance, he will make scott work for it, tire him out then get the pin.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎14‎.‎12‎.‎2015 at 0:04 PM, Tommy J. said:

The more i arm wrestle, the more i am convinced there is more strength involved than there is a magical technique. Lots of basic adjustments one can make throughout a pull, but the more important factor is being strong enough to get, and hold those positions.

Strength is the best technique :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Yes he is, and much lighter than Scot. Scot only got one win on Saturday from what I remember. Travis was the winner of the supers

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos