Sign in to follow this  
1TonGun

Finally Cured My Tennis Elbow/ Tendonitis!

1TonGun

My own stubborn-ness (training through pain) left me with elbow tendonitis for like 2 1/2 months. Just thought I'd share how the three key things I did to get rid of it, since I know it's a problem.

1. Give it some rest and when you're ready, stretch everyday. The secret is to do forearm stretches, shoulder stretches, AND wrist stretches.. there's a few at www.mobilitywod.com

2. If you want to speed healing and eliminate inflammation, supplement with joint health nutrients and cissus. I used Elbow Revive simply because it's not expensive, it is effective, and has everything you need in it (www.elbowrevive.com). You could also buy each ingredient separate, but it'd be a pain in the ass.

3. Do eccentric exercises like reverse wrist curls (just google for others). These help strengthen the muscles and tendons so that the injury doesn't return.

After doing all of these three thing religiously for like 6 weeks, I'm feeling like I'm back to where I was before the injury. Hope that helps. Stay healthy, dudes.

• Like 8

Forever

Congrats on hitting your goal and recovering!

Berry Jackson

I suffered from tennis elbow throughout my whole tennis career, to the point where I just got used to it and ignored it so i could keep playing. It wasn't until i found this finger flexer till i actually started feeling some relief. I've tried the tennis elbow bands and all the remedies but nothing has quite helped like the finger flexer. I highly recommend it for anyone else desperately trying to get rid of their tennis elbow. Link: bit.ly/freefingerflexer

Jim Nonnemacher

Standard treatment for tennis elbow is pronation/supination exercises; a 3 lb mallet works great for these, this is both rehab and prehab. Also, a visit to the doctor for a shot of cortisone is a quick fix for the pain and inflammation but you need to strengthen the appropriate muscles to keep it from coming back. And, a good massage therapist is not to be overlooked for treatment.

• Like 1