Mm2, Coc 3 Cert, And Armwrestling

David_wigren

My left shoulder is still bothering me so I went light yesterday. I'm also super busy these times and will continue to be until new years. I've begun teaching at the university which is taking up alot of my time. I'm also trying to finish 3 other projects I'm working on atm. And on top of it all I'm also taking a course myself right now. So I'm busy 24/7 these days!

Pull ups pronated grip

20, 17, 15, 13, 13

Dragon flags. I would hold one leg bent and the other straight. Then I lower down until the foot of the straight leg touch the floor and then lever up again. That counts as one rep. Did 3 sets of 8 reps. Finished off with some side planks and went home.

Good running!

Will you be in the 75K or 80K class in armwrestling comp?

I will try to compete in the 75k class. Do you still armwrestle? I know you've dabbled a little with it before.

Ok. No, I dont armwrestle. I realize now Im aging, because it's like 10 years since. I remember I did one competition called Golden Arm in Gävle.

Damn. Time goes by way to quick! Golden arms is my next planned competition! Sometime in February I think. I think they set the pro class to 78 kg so I'm gonna shoot for that weight.

How about grip thoug? Steel bending?

Ahh - That will be a great experience and you'll probably meet up with some great people. :)

Steelbending I dont do at the moment. Only thing grip I do nowadays is grippers. CCS my easy #3(143lbs) is a goal I have.

That's a great goal! How close are you now? I think I remember a TNS #2.5 close a few years back.

Beware that if you use chalk on the WW regularly the handle will gradually become very slippery. Mine is all shiny now so I am thinking of getting a new one and not use chalk.

I see you like reps more than going heavy. Seems working food with you.
Btw how good is your max in ww replica? I recently got mine and tried it today and only got 32.5kg as my best. And heck lefty was stronger than righty! But maybe because I did some grip work before with more focus on my right hand?

Maybe. But then again some are stronger with their other hand in certain lifts. My right hand is stronger in everything except face levers with a sledge hammer. For some odd reason my left is stronger than my right in that lift. Maybe you have a similar thing going with your thick bar strength? My best single lift with it so far is 37.5 kg with my right and 32.5 kg with my left.
And yes I like reps more. I just feel like I get stronger faster with rep work. When I switch to singles and low reps, my strength will often start to slowly decrease.

True but the weird thing is I am better at thick bar right handed than lefty. When I did the WW I felt wrist weakness. Here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaLOYMmYMmw

• Like 1

Grippers

Right hand

#2.5 - 3

Hard #3 - 2, 2, 1

Easy #3 - 9

148 lbs #3 - 4, 4

Left hand

#2.5 - 2, 3, 3, 3, 2

#2 - 12, 14

Pinch two 15 kg plates

Right hand - 7, 7, 3

Left hand - 1, 1, 3

Supination/pronation

5 kg - 10

6.5 kg - 10

7.5 kg - 10 PR

8 kg - 5 PR

5 kg - 10, 10

Left hand only used 5 kg for every set. Still feeling the wrist and shoulder injury that just doesn't want to go away. I've had it for 6 weeks now. The shoulder injury comes from training side pressure to hard. I don't know where the wrist thing comes from. Neither of them are actual injuries, just nagging pain in the joint for lifting to heavy with bad form.

• Like 1

Left hand only used 5 kg for every set. Still feeling the wrist and shoulder injury that just doesn't want to go away. I've had it for 6 weeks now. The shoulder injury comes from training side pressure to hard. I don't know where the wrist thing comes from. Neither of them are actual injuries, just nagging pain in the joint for lifting to heavy with bad form.

I also hurt my shoulder when training heavy biceps, static holds on hammercurls etc.

Or rather hurt my biceptendon or something up in the shoulder, but the pain felt like it came from a shoulder injury.

I realized it wasnt the actual shoulder that hurt cause when I did pressing movements it didnt hurt but bicep training did.

I just took it easy on pressingmovements for a week and rested my biceps or trained them with low weight for high reps two three weeks then I eased into it again.

Beware that if you use chalk on the WW regularly the handle will gradually become very slippery. Mine is all shiny now so I am thinking of getting a new one and not use chalk.

I see you like reps more than going heavy. Seems working food with you.

Btw how good is your max in ww replica? I recently got mine and tried it today and only got 32.5kg as my best. And heck lefty was stronger than righty! But maybe because I did some grip work before with more focus on my right hand?

Maybe. But then again some are stronger with their other hand in certain lifts. My right hand is stronger in everything except face levers with a sledge hammer. For some odd reason my left is stronger than my right in that lift. Maybe you have a similar thing going with your thick bar strength? My best single lift with it so far is 37.5 kg with my right and 32.5 kg with my left.

And yes I like reps more. I just feel like I get stronger faster with rep work. When I switch to singles and low reps, my strength will often start to slowly decrease.

True but the weird thing is I am better at thick bar right handed than lefty. When I did the WW I felt wrist weakness. Here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaLOYMmYMmw

Thanks for the heads up

My left shoulder is still bothering me so I went light yesterday. I'm also super busy these times and will continue to be until new years. I've begun teaching at the university which is taking up alot of my time. I'm also trying to finish 3 other projects I'm working on atm. And on top of it all I'm also taking a course myself right now. So I'm busy 24/7 these days!

Pull ups pronated grip

20, 17, 15, 13, 13

Dragon flags. I would hold one leg bent and the other straight. Then I lower down until the foot of the straight leg touch the floor and then lever up again. That counts as one rep. Did 3 sets of 8 reps. Finished off with some side planks and went home.

Good running!

Will you be in the 75K or 80K class in armwrestling comp?

I will try to compete in the 75k class. Do you still armwrestle? I know you've dabbled a little with it before.

Ok. No, I dont armwrestle. I realize now Im aging, because it's like 10 years since. I remember I did one competition called Golden Arm in Gävle.

Damn. Time goes by way to quick! Golden arms is my next planned competition! Sometime in February I think. I think they set the pro class to 78 kg so I'm gonna shoot for that weight.

How about grip thoug? Steel bending?

Ahh - That will be a great experience and you'll probably meet up with some great people. :)

Steelbending I dont do at the moment. Only thing grip I do nowadays is grippers. CCS my easy #3(143lbs) is a goal I have.

That's a great goal! How close are you now? I think I remember a TNS #2.5 close a few years back.

Im about the same strength level. At least TNS wise, 120lbs. I havent tested with CCS yet - I should do that to see where I stand.

• Like 1

Last sunday

Barbell rows

70 kg - 12, 12, 12

60 kg - 12, 12, 12

Reverse flyes

3 sets of 12

Light rotatorcuff work.

Monday

Some braced bending. Snapped a 16 mm and a 15 mm spanner. Boy, these used to be easy back in the day. Now they were kind of hard!

Today

Deadlift

140 kg - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Actually struggled a bit with my grip on this. I train at a chalk free gym and I always lift with an overhand grip. Toward the last few sets I actually had to fight a bit to hold on to the bar.

Dragon flag work.

Alternating legs bent - 8, 8, 8

Human flag work. Maybe not the smartest idea considering my injured shoulder. But there were a few girls that wanted to see me do it so what are you gonna do right?

• Like 1

Actually struggled a bit with my grip on this. I train at a chalk free gym and I always lift with an overhand grip.

Me too, but I smuggle it in anyway. ;-) Maybe you could use something like liquid chalk instead?

• Like 1

Actually struggled a bit with my grip on this. I train at a chalk free gym and I always lift with an overhand grip.

Me too, but I smuggle it in anyway. ;-) Maybe you could use something like liquid chalk instead?

Yeah I think I might need to start doing that. Can't be having my grip fail during a deadlift! I'm supposed to be a grip-guy for crying out lout :D

Grippers

Right hand

#2.5 - 3

Hard #3 - 2, 2

Easy #3 - 7, 7, 5, 7

Left hand

#2.5 - 6

Easy #3 - near miss 2 mm

#2.5 - 4

RB180 - 5, 4, 3

#2 - 14

WW replica

Right hand

27.5 kg - 10

32.5 kg - 6

30 kg - 10

27.5 kg - 15, 12

Left hand

27.5 kg - 10

32.5 kg - 2

30 kg - 7

27.5 kg - 12, 10

Ulnar levering 8 lbs hammer

20 reps with right and left arm.

Armwrestling training with bands.

• Like 2

Good stuff. Done this morning? Do you have favourite moment during the day? I try to change it up occasionally.

Good stuff. Done this morning? Do you have favourite moment during the day? I try to change it up occasionally.

Yes this morning. And now I just came back from a 6 k run. I normally like training in the evenings. But these days I'm just so busy with work and my studies. I usually don't come home until 10 or 11 at night and then I almost immediately hit the bed.

• Like 2

Are those WW numbers plates only or total weight? If it is the former, do you know your max in total weight?

WW replica
Right hand
27.5 kg - 10
32.5 kg - 6
30 kg - 10
27.5 kg - 15, 12

Left hand
27.5 kg - 10
32.5 kg - 2
30 kg - 7
27.5 kg - 12, 10

Found out the wrist problem. I was doing cleans and rows with a 70KG dumbbell with little to no warm up. My area between the neck and the back hurts too now

Is there any calisthenics work going on, you're not telling us about?

Or do you log everything?

And thank you! :)

Also:

Nice work! :)

I don't log exactly everything. I do yoga almost every day that I don't log. I also mentioned that I do extra work for my abdominals. I do some unstructured an wheel rollouts between gripper sets. Edited by David_wigren

Are those WW numbers plates only or total weight? If it is the former, do you know your max in total weight?

WW replica

Right hand

27.5 kg - 10

32.5 kg - 6

30 kg - 10

27.5 kg - 15, 12

Left hand

27.5 kg - 10

32.5 kg - 2

30 kg - 7

27.5 kg - 12, 10

It's a rough estimate of the total weight. But I'm using a replica made of steel. I'm guessing that the numbers might not be entirely comparable, especially not once this one starts binding more chalk.

Found out the wrist problem. I was doing cleans and rows with a 70KG dumbbell with little to no warm up. My area between the neck and the back hurts too now

Dude! You should always be warmed up before handeling those kind of weights!

• Like 1

True!

• Like 1

Yesterday evening

Lat pull down

100 kg - 10, 8, 8

90 kg - 10, 10, 10

Pullover in cable machine (single pully)

35 kg - 10

40 kg - 4

35 kg - 10, 9, 9

30 kg - 12, 12

These works your abdominals like crazy! They also work your lats very hard, obviously. Feels like they're a good exercise for muscle ups and front levers.

Barbell row

70 kg - 10, 10, 10

Reverse flyes in machine

3 sets of 12 reps

Some side plank work.

Some overhead tricep extensions to finish off.

This morning I Went for a 6k run.

BW this morning was 76.2 kg.

Yesterday evening

Grippers

Right hand

#2.5 - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Left hand

#2 - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Plate pinch two 15 kg plates

Right hand - 8, 5, 4, 5

Left hand - 2, 2, 2, 1

Supination/pronation

5kg - 10

6.5kg - 10

8kg - 7 PR

5kg - 20

Left hand only did sets of 10 with 5 kg.

Atmwrestling training with bands.

This morning

6k run

Grippers

Right hand

#2.5 - 3

Hard #3 - 2, 2

Easy #3 - 7, 7, 5, 7

Left hand

#2.5 - 6

Easy #3 - near miss 2 mm

#2.5 - 4

RB180 - 5, 4, 3

#2 - 14

David, that's some solid gripper work there man! Was this MMS?

Thank you Ben! Yes those are MMS. It's pretty ok but I was stronger on grippers eatlier this past spring. I would do sets of 5 with the hard #3 and 10+ reps on my easy #3.

David, I know your toproll must be absolutely evil. I can't wait to see some footage of you in action.

• Like 1