I can Hand with one hand on the Chinning Bar

Guest JSimon95

One hand on the other wrist is how some people do a "one arm chin-up" it basically allows the other half of your body to help support the weight.  Its just about as easy to do one like that as it is a normal chin-up.

I don't know how long I can hang, but I do REAL one armed chin-ups, and it doesn't seem to hard.  Weighing yourself down with a dipping belt would be a good idea.  I also do regular weighted pull-ups, so I get some supporting grip work there.

Anyone ever think of a weighted chin-up or weighted hang from a thick chin-up bar as an alternative to deadlift or thickbar deadlift as a grip test.

A weighted hang from a bar would be a better test because some people might be able to hold on to 800 pounds on a bar, but not have the back and leg strength to get it off of the ground.  This is more of a real grip test.

I'm back,

Michael Falkov

(Edited by Quick Grip at 1:50 pm on Sep. 21, 2001)

<Nods> I am actually a big chin up fan, not for grip work specifically though( currently at 8 chinups with 30 lbs plus bodyweight of 157, supinated grip).  Not sure how many one handed chin ups I can do never really tried. However I do enjoy doing two finger ( per hand) chin ups, especially on a 2 1/2 inch chinning bar. Tons'o'fun.

Unsun

Guest AghastGrip

Unsun-

I LOVE doing the 2 finger per hand chinups and pullups, they always give my fingers a good workout. I can't say that i've ever tried them on a 2 1/2 inch bar though.... wow! :) Right now i'm working on trying to to middle finger chins and pullups, but i think it will be awhile before I'm able to do them.

Unsun, I too am a huge chin-up fan.  My main workouts consist of weighted dips and weighted pull-ups (pronated hands).  Last workout I did was BW (130)+70 pounds for 4 reps.  Dips were BW+86 pounds for 2 reps.

Does anyone else do either of those exercises?  I'd be curious to hear where you are on them.

Strange thing about one arm chin-ups: When I first started doing them, it felt like it was all in my rear delts.  It felt like I would strain tendons in there every time.  Now, for some reason, it seems to be working like normal pull-up as far as feeling goes.

Have you tried the one arm chin yet?  Can anyone else here do one arm chins?  Probably some of the climbers.  How many climbers are out there? (Raises hand)

Bunch'a questions,

Michael Falkov

Guest JSimon95

Good report like do real me and people who

real them to give them experienced knowledge

that will help our fellow grip brothers.

And in the end we benifit to.

Thanks.

The reason I do one hand chin up hold it feels

more natural to me and I can see inprovements

on it. Yes I did when I was tired.

hi, another climber here!

have done lots of chin ups in these last years. do a bit less now. would do sets of 10 with 20kg added.

can do one onearm chin up (I weigh 74kg now) starting with arm slightly flexed.

I have put a piece of 2.5" pvc pipe around my chin up bar, and do one arm hangs from it. it sort of acts like a rolling thunder I think (rolls out of hand).

train hard

david