Blackdog

What Is The Most Unique Thing, Ungrip Related, In Your Life?

KapMan
17 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Bring some to comps!  Pinch and Puzzle 2019!

Right on right on.

We follow up with this contest of mind and body strength with 

Cube and Crush

Lift N Logic

Vinnie
2 hours ago, KapMan said:

Right on right on.

We follow up with this contest of mind and body strength with 

Cube and Crush

Lift N Logic

Grip and Geek!  Solve and Squeeze!  Reps and Riddles!  The possibilities are endless.

• Haha 1

Joseph Sullivan
8 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Grip and Geek!  Solve and Squeeze!  Reps and Riddles!  The possibilities are endless.

If we do that, then what John Stepien  said about grip will become TRUTH.... that grip is the “dungeons and dragons of strength sports”. Let’s not make it that true now .... pleeeaaassse! Hahaha @JStepien

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Vinnie
1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

If we do that, then what John Stepien  said about grip will become TRUTH.... that grip is the “dungeons and dragons of strength sports”. Let’s not make it that true now .... pleeeaaassse! Hahaha @JStepien

OK I actually did laugh out loud there.  I have only been in grip for a year or so, but I have thought from the beginning that it is the PERFECT blend of macho and geek for me, as I feel some connection to both of those stereotypes.

• Like 4

Joseph Sullivan
7 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

OK I actually did laugh out loud there.  I have only been in grip for a year or so, but I have thought from the beginning that it is the PERFECT blend of macho and geek for me, as I feel some connection to both of those stereotypes.

100% truth on that Vincenzo

KapMan

Love dungeons and dragons. Love table top rpgs, puzzles and grip. Combining the two would be epic.

” Hevno The Oak approaches the goblin gripper king....”

Adam Juncker
On 12/11/2018 at 12:08 AM, KapMan said:

Only reason I know is because I have to know. 10 years ago I didnt of know about these puzzles. Only thing I knew then was rubiks cubes and I cant solve the easiest 2x2 rubiks. Im simply being honest is all. 

Edit: Disentanglment not entanglement  is what I meant. 

Rubik's cube is not hard at all, actually.  I have solved all kinds of variations, 3X3, 4X4, 5X5, shape modifications, obfuscations, and a 3X3 ghost cube that took over a month.  A few years ago I decided I wanted to learn and it is not as complicated as it sounds.  I found it really helps with anxiety and stress.  And I know I got some funny looks at Nate's comp in February when I busted out my 3X3 speed cube between lifts. 

I recommend using a beginners tutorial and then learning CFOP once you understand the mechanics of the cubes.  

• Like 1

Climber028
13 minutes ago, Adam Juncker said:

Rubik's cube is not hard at all, actually.  I have solved all kinds of variations, 3X3, 4X4, 5X5, shape modifications, obfuscations, and a 3X3 ghost cube that took over a month.  A few years ago I decided I wanted to learn and it is not as complicated as it sounds.  I found it really helps with anxiety and stress.  And I know I got some funny looks at Nate's comp in February when I busted out my 3X3 speed cube between lifts. 

I recommend using a beginners tutorial and then learning CFOP once you understand the mechanics of the cubes.  

Aww I wish I knew this before gripmas, I have a decent collection of some unique twisty puzzles. Next time for sure.

KapMan
36 minutes ago, Adam Juncker said:

The problem is more memorizing the algorithm to solve it. My 2x2 is 3 sides solved, my XXL is two sides solved. Its gonna take a LONG time. But Im sure Ill get it. The disentanglements, burrs, boxes, dexterity etc aren't as hard on the memory oddly enough. Some Ive put colored tape on the moves as I went. Nice to see another puzzler 👋🏻

Adam Juncker
1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

Aww I wish I knew this before gripmas, I have a decent collection of some unique twisty puzzles. Next time for sure.

I think there are some rogue cubers out there in the shadows of the grip world.... reaping the benefits of the super-light weight radial and ulnar deviation.

36 minutes ago, KapMan said:

The problem is more memorizing the algorithm to solve it. My 2x2 is 3 sides solved, my XXL is two sides solved. Its gonna take a LONG time. But Im sure Ill get it. The disentanglements, burrs, boxes, dexterity etc aren't as hard on the memory oddly enough. Some Ive put colored tape on the moves as I went. Nice to see another puzzler 👋🏻

I solve the first 2 layers intuitively and then use a modified 2-look orientation of the last layer.  It cuts down on algorithms immensely.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

KapMan
45 minutes ago, Adam Juncker said:

I think there are some rogue cubers out there in the shadows of the grip world.... reaping the benefits of the super-light weight radial and ulnar deviation.

I solve the first 2 layers intuitively and then use a modified 2-look orientation of the last layer.  It cuts down on algorithms immensely.  

Ill try it out!

Cannon
4 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

I set out to learn the 3x3 last fall and did. I can solve it every time in about 1:30. I’m really struggling to get any quicker. This is on just straight memorization of about 5 steps. 

• Like 1

Royz

Can I say my kids? 🤔😎

Other than that. Before I ever got into grip I was making very detailed big pencil drawings of... hands. This one is about 100cm tall.1612491241_Hand04.thumb.JPG.48047a5b5549bfe8f6cbc9c3895ee9e0.JPG

• Like 4

KapMan
2 hours ago, Royz said:

Can I say my kids? 🤔😎

Other than that. Before I ever got into grip I was making very detailed big pencil drawings of... hands. This one is about 100cm tall.1612491241_Hand04.thumb.JPG.48047a5b5549bfe8f6cbc9c3895ee9e0.JPG

Wow that’s impressive 

• Like 1

JStepien
On 12/12/2018 at 10:32 AM, Joseph Sullivan said:

Now, it's the truth! & you love it! 

• Haha 1