Juha Harju First Man Ever To Pinch 2X25Kg (Added To List)

Jedd Johnson

As I told you on Facebook, very very well done! Great accomplishment!!!! First in the world too :rock These plates are narrow so it must be harder. Now to the Inch clean! I know you will do it. And for the people who are thinking Juha have large hands that's not true. Me and him have almost same hand size and to see him clean the Inch it is much more impressive than big handed people cleaning them. Go Juha :rock

Thanks my man.

I have similar size hands like Snook. It was big suprise cause I thought Snook has giant hands. Mine hands are 20.5cm and those fits good for "easy plates".

LOL - Easy Plates? Someone said 2x25kgs are Easy Plates?

Yep, all my plates are easy. I don´t remember who said this but it stayed in my mind. :shutup:

Nowdays I understand also humor and I don´t take too seriously all stuff what people write or say to me. I´m getting old! :sick:

This was me however not exactly as your saying. It wasnt anything to do with two 25kg (congrads, hard work paying off) and was infact said after insults from you. I very rarely say anything negative to anyone, dont see what that helps but i can recall of you basically saying a coc #3 cert would be a challenge for me among other things so of course after i finished 1st in grippers at british championships an then again at worlds strongest hands, plus the fact that ive done 16 no set reps on #3, you are going to get my back up. I was talking about how the plates you use being thin and perfectly fitting are obviously easier than the much wider and often uneven fitting plates that are at gyms where im from, an basically every plate pinch i seen when getting into the sport. For example the standard body power plates i have for my gym three 15kg is 104mm where as yours is 21mm each so 63mm, and they fit better. I have managed to do this once on different plates than i have now and 6" up on mine recently (also slippy finish on these) so lot of frustration but to me thats part of the feat. Doing this on these different plates is a very different feat. Its the same with four 10kg, four 10kg on my plates is 128mm with uneven fit, yours 84mm with perfect fit. I did train for this with narrower plates as i simply cant reach otherwise but even those were much much wider than 84mm an we called them the easy 10kg's. You will see in one of steves fits he calls them easy 3 10kg, because to us, thats what they were. Completely different feat an one i tried to do for many years, couldnt even do it with 20 passes round the back of three 10kg so of course when you do it with much slimmer plates with perfect fit i dont see it as anything the same. Only ever had six 5kg 6" up an injured both thunbs with it because of crazy width and bad fit, six 10lb at david hornes i could do several reps easy even though uneven fit because they were so much narrower. I dont personally class myself as having done 6 10lb. In reality i have nothing against you are anyone doing these feats with these plates but for me personally i dont see it as the same thing, especially when it comes to ones with more than two plates. All the old pinch feats were done with standard iron plates, yorks, whatever people had, not thinner professional plates so thats how i feel the feats should be done (maybe i should get with the times but they are extremely expensive anyway!). Just my opinion, really dont care about you insulting me or have anything against you and again, congrads on the two 25kg.

Thank you Paul and keep on training and you will get those bastards up.

• Like 1

Congrats bro.

More people have given up on Grip in the 5 years that you trained your butt off to get this feat than will ever accomplish it.

Wow!!!! Inspiring!!! Congrats

Congrats bro.

More people have given up on Grip in the 5 years that you trained your butt off to get this feat than will ever accomplish it.

Wow!!!! Inspiring!!! Congrats

Cheers man.

I personally can't get very exited about people pinch lifting generic plates of highly variable fit. Way too many variables to consider. Eleiko and other quality competition PL brands on the other hand are so well made and so consistent that we can make direct comparison without all these what ifs. I 'insulted' Juha a few years ago (actually we were throwing insults at each other) when I pointed out that his plate pinch feats were done using, relatively speaking, 'easy' plates (because of the great fit). I was told, and justifiably so, to put up or shut up. I subsequently did pinch lift 4x10k Eleiko plates and earned Juha's respect (at least to some degree) in the process. Most of us would probably find your comments more tolerable if you also stepped up to the challenge. There should be many places in the UK where you can get access to these plates.

As I told you on Facebook, very very well done! Great accomplishment!!!! First in the world too :rock These plates are narrow so it must be harder. Now to the Inch clean! I know you will do it. And for the people who are thinking Juha have large hands that's not true. Me and him have almost same hand size and to see him clean the Inch it is much more impressive than big handed people cleaning them. Go Juha :rock

Thanks my man.

I have similar size hands like Snook. It was big suprise cause I thought Snook has giant hands. Mine hands are 20.5cm and those fits good for "easy plates".

Yep, all my plates are easy. I don´t remember who said this but it stayed in my mind. :shutup:

Nowdays I understand also humor and I don´t take too seriously all stuff what people write or say to me. I´m getting old! :sick:
This was me however not exactly as your saying. It wasnt anything to do with two 25kg (congrads, hard work paying off) and was infact said after insults from you. I very rarely say anything negative to anyone, dont see what that helps but i can recall of you basically saying a coc #3 cert would be a challenge for me among other things so of course after i finished 1st in grippers at british championships an then again at worlds strongest hands, plus the fact that ive done 16 no set reps on #3, you are going to get my back up. I was talking about how the plates you use being thin and perfectly fitting are obviously easier than the much wider and often uneven fitting plates that are at gyms where im from, an basically every plate pinch i seen when getting into the sport. For example the standard body power plates i have for my gym three 15kg is 104mm where as yours is 21mm each so 63mm, and they fit better. I have managed to do this once on different plates than i have now and 6" up on mine recently (also slippy finish on these) so lot of frustration but to me thats part of the feat. Doing this on these different plates is a very different feat. Its the same with four 10kg, four 10kg on my plates is 128mm with uneven fit, yours 84mm with perfect fit. I did train for this with narrower plates as i simply cant reach otherwise but even those were much much wider than 84mm an we called them the easy 10kg's. You will see in one of steves fits he calls them easy 3 10kg, because to us, thats what they were. Completely different feat an one i tried to do for many years, couldnt even do it with 20 passes round the back of three 10kg so of course when you do it with much slimmer plates with perfect fit i dont see it as anything the same. Only ever had six 5kg 6" up an injured both thunbs with it because of crazy width and bad fit, six 10lb at david hornes i could do several reps easy even though uneven fit because they were so much narrower. I dont personally class myself as having done 6 10lb. In reality i have nothing against you are anyone doing these feats with these plates but for me personally i dont see it as the same thing, especially when it comes to ones with more than two plates. All the old pinch feats were done with standard iron plates, yorks, whatever people had, not thinner professional plates so thats how i feel the feats should be done (maybe i should get with the times but they are extremely expensive anyway!). Just my opinion, really dont care about you insulting me or have anything against you and again, congrads on the two 25kg.
Edited by Mikael Siversson
  • Like 3

I 100% confirm this.

When I have seen Mikael's 4x10kg video, it was perfectly and did big effert for me that he is real World Class pincher.

Edited by Juha Harju
  • Like 2

I personally can't get very exited about people pinch lifting generic plates of highly variable fit. Way too many variables to consider. Eleiko and other quality competition PL brands on the other hand are so well made and so consistent that we can make direct comparison without all these what ifs. I 'insulted' Juha a few years ago (actually we were throwing insults at each other) when I pointed out that his plate pinch feats were done using, relatively speaking, 'easy' plates (because of the great fit). I was told, and justifiably so, to put up or shut up. I subsequently did pinch lift 4x10k Eleiko plates and earned Juha's respect (at least to some degree) in the process. Most of us would probably find your comments more tolerable if you also stepped up to the challenge. There should be many places in the UK where you can get access to these plates.

Thanks my man.

Ive never personally been to a gym that has them but there are some yes. I wouldnt however feel this would give my true performance as i didnt have them to train on, unseasoned plates etc they are about £400 just for 4 10kg disks and again, i dont feel this is the feat i trained years for. What i was training for, which again i classed as easy plates, was 4 10kg on plates where laine snook could not lift 4 7.5kg of the same plates without them being taped together and he threw and catched the inch, cleaned 30kg blob and did six 5kg with the plates dripping with condensation (meaning the 4 10kg was obviously very hard!). This is just my opinion as maybe a traditionalist but to me its like the ccs rule and keeping the same list. Might make no odds with two 25kg but certainly when it comes to more plates being involved its a big change in width and fit. Making it standard however i completely understand.

Paul, the narrow ones are super hard. Harder than the width you are talking about. But these are very well made as suggested by Mikael. We can compare the one's in Finland to the ones in UAE to the ones in USA or even Japan. No difference. So strength wise it will be same and we can compare our strength to each other. Who wants uneven plates nowadays Paul? How about you try them first and see where you stand. I remember back when you were Viper you were bragging so much when you pinch two 15KG rubber plates and claimed it's almost same thing and now when Juha is doing what no one on this planet is doing you are saying not good enough???! Comon! If he did with the plates you provide then you might say "but hey old timers and traditionalist put on gloves and dip the plate in oil before pinch lifting them". Please go ahead and try his feat and then say easy plates. It's not easy but it's standard plates and very narrow which is hard. I can pinch two 35's but with this narrow I surely cannot. As Juha said, train hard and one day you might achieve this feat.

• Like 1

Paul, the narrow ones are super hard. Harder than the width you are talking about. But these are very well made as suggested by Mikael. We can compare the one's in Finland to the ones in UAE to the ones in USA or even Japan. No difference. So strength wise it will be same and we can compare our strength to each other. Who wants uneven plates nowadays Paul? How about you try them first and see where you stand. I remember back when you were Viper you were bragging so much when you pinch two 15KG rubber plates and claimed it's almost same thing and now when Juha is doing what no one on this planet is doing you are saying not good enough???! Comon! If he did with the plates you provide then you might say "but hey old timers and traditionalist put on gloves and dip the plate in oil before pinch lifting them". Please go ahead and try his feat and then say easy plates. It's not easy but it's standard plates and very narrow which is hard. I can pinch two 35's but with this narrow I surely cannot. As Juha said, train hard and one day you might achieve this feat.

I would never brag about pinching two 15kg rubber plates, i dont brag about pinching three 15kg metal plates. What you are talking about was two 20kg rubber plates but i in no way brag'd about it (i was pretty new to grip at the time and did not know it must be metal plates) . Again this is purely my personal opinion on plate pinching and as previously stated, it has nothing to do with juha's two 25kg pinch lift (which ive already congradulated him on). Read my original post an you will see the reason for me posting.

Paul, what exactly is your true performance? If you are as strong as you have implied many times previously, it would not matter what plates you have trained with. When your at a certain level of pinch strength, you are simply at a certain level of pinch strength. There is no leg up in performance simply because one has access to certain implements that you do not.

Its almost as if you are implying that if you pinch 2-25k of the plates "you" have access to, that your lift will be superior because your plates are "harder".

I see what your trying to do.. any time anyone accomplishes a great grip feat, there you are again talking about how much "harder" your implements are than everyone elses. And you imply (without actually saying the words) that if it werent for that fact, you would/might be able to do the exact same. I am not an overly intelligent person and i read your message loud and clear.

No i never even train narrow pinch, have never thought about this feat and said straight away in first post that what i was saying had nothing to do with juhas lift. I have said nothing bad about juha's lift, only congradulated him (actually think its more impressive due to two of these plates being almost too narrow).

What i was saying was to correct juha on what i was actually saying in a previous thread regarding my opinion on plates used for pinch lifts. Im not downplaying anybodys lifts, would never even think of doing that an doesnt matter if its lifting two 5kg or two 25kg, a trainer or a #4, am a very positivity guy (overly so) so if anyone has thought that please do not as its definately no the case.

Threads tend to get negative and eventually locked when you start posting. All due respect.

Could just be a misunderstanding of tone which is hard to decipher online.

• Like 1

Threads tend to get negative and eventually locked when you start posting. All due respect.

Could just be a misunderstanding of tone which is hard to decipher online.

I think its that when someone says something about me thats not true (especially in a bad way/publically) i find it hard not say anything. Thats just me but will leave this thread alone now.