2015 International King Kong Grip Challenge - Results

Eric Roussin

It was a great event - we do not wait for the tournament next year. We really liked the atmosphere was excellent.

Igor - Congratulations on your world record performance with the Crusher!

• Like 1

Congrats Jedd!! You are having one killer year!!! Great job on becoming the 2015 King Kong of grip! Keep it up. Hope you have room in your gym for that sweet banner you'll be getting. See you at gripmas brother

Igor - Congratulations on your world record performance with the Crusher!

Thanks Eric! I'm prepared for it. in fact I've just prepared for him and, unfortunately because of the work it was not possible to train.

Congrats Jedd!! You are having one killer year!!! Great job on becoming the 2015 King Kong of grip! Keep it up. Hope you have room in your gym for that sweet banner you'll be getting. See you at gripmas brother

Dude, thank you for your continued support. I am STOKED to see your high placing as well, brother. Wow!

First off, to Eric Roussin and Andrew Pantke, Thanks for another great year of King Kong !

Congratulations to Jedd Johnson on a great victory ! Your having a very successful year Jedd ! Nice Work !

I was a little disappointed my 2.5 Crusher numbers at 184+. Heck I pulled 198 the first day I got it. That's Grip for you I guess. Hub I suck at and that's my conclusion. And frankly I don't see me aspiring to train it any more in the future than I already haven't :)

1 Hand Pinch treated me good. I was expecting 134-136lb but happy none the less. I was really happy to see the Pinch numbers on all the other guys. I would almost guess we had the highest Pinch total for the Top 3, 4, or 5 guys as a location. If not we were damn close. Nice job fellas !

Congratulations to Igor, Pasi, Jouni, Ivan, Eric, Bob, Darrin, Jake, and all the Weight Class winners on great performances !!

Also, if someone sees this who knows Adam Thatchers wife, could you have her send me video footage of Vbar and other footage she might have if it's not too big of a problem. Thank you guys !!

Here is the only video footage I had I was able to get. She might be of more help for other Vbar footage.

https://youtu.be/JUALFXNnI5I

• Like 7

Here's the last of my videos, the 2" Vertical Bar.

I want to send a big congrats to all the lifters who set new world records in the King Kong Lifts. You all totally blew me away.

I will say that I got 127lbs off the ground an inch or two, and would love to post it, but my Dad must have been busy sharpening his knives, because he taped the 2-minute rest period between my last two attempts, but not the lifts themselves. Oh well.

Congratulations to Jedd Johnson on a great victory ! Your having a very successful year Jedd ! Nice Work !

Thanks, Kody. Same to you.

• Like 1

Eric,

Thanks to you or whoever processed all of the individual data per weight class, lifter, event, bodyweights, etc. Awesome!

Thank you Jedd. The credit goes to my wife (She's and excell wizard) and Eric for posting them.

• Like 1

Results should be live on the www.gripsport.org site now. Please double check yours for accuracy if you have a moment as I did not have time to go through and verify against official final results sheets. Thank you Eric Roussin for entering them and anyone else if you helped.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn
  • Like 1

INTERNATIONAL KING KONG GRIP CHALLENGE 2015

My performance:
3rd place overall out of 73 competitors;
1st place in 105 kg class out of 12 competitors.

Very happy and proud of my results, as very much nerves and efforts were put in organization of Russian venue. King Kong is very awesome and interesting all-around tournament were favorites change from event to event. The intrigue is kept till very end! And definitely, wins always the strongest.

At first - HUGE congratulations to Jedd Johnson with his brilliant win. Sir, this is a huge achievement, hats off to you.

Big respect to all athletes, who took part in this brutal contest. For many of them it was their first official performance. I hope you all also fell in love with gripsport as we do.

My huge respect to top-lift athletes, who showed astonishing results - Kody Burns, Igor Kupinsky and Pasi Mehtälä. I really couldn't believe my eyes, when I saw them.

Huge thanks to Andrew Pantke and Eric Roussin for this cool opportunity to compete with strongest athletes all-around the world. Enormous work is done, gentlemen, accept my biggest respect and gratefulness.

I also want to express my gratefulness and congratulations to all Russian athletes, who took part in Moscow venue for their support, discipline and showing really decent results! Glad to see the plank rising higher from year to year!

Also I would like to thank my friend and mentor David Horne for all his priceless help and support. I really took very much from you, regarding not only to training, but also humanity and attitude to our favorite sport.

And big thanks to Denis Shmarev for pictures, videos and high-quality prizes from Silarukov!

11231266_828204890632465_558362242232057

• Like 6

Being only my 4th contest, I have to say the sport and the people in it are awesome! Congrats Jedd Johnson for the overall win, from what I hear you've had a good year. Congrats Kody Burns on those records!.... I am glad to have witnessed them this time and last time! They are amazing. Jake Sahlaney, congrats on the great lifts and being in the top 5. A huge thanks to Andrew and Katie for opening up your home and gym.... and for the stats....and for being really great people. Thanks Eric Roussin for the posting of all the info. Frank Pizzo, thanks for the close competition as always! Jeff Parker, thanks for getting me into this and for all the training. Everyone else that was at the Detroit location, good to met you, some for the first time, some again, hope to compete with you all some more in the future.

Glad to see all the info and postings from the other countries as well, I am glad it is a truly global competition. It is a great sport and takes a lot of work by a few key people to put on these events. Good Job!

Can't wait for the next one!

Christopher Gallagher

• Like 1

Being only my 4th contest, I have to say the sport and the people in it are awesome! Congrats Jedd Johnson for the overall win, from what I hear you've had a good year. Congrats Kody Burns on those records!.... I am glad to have witnessed them this time and last time! They are amazing. Jake Sahlaney, congrats on the great lifts and being in the top 5. A huge thanks to Andrew and Katie for opening up your home and gym.... and for the stats....and for being really great people. Thanks Eric Roussin for the posting of all the info. Frank Pizzo, thanks for the close competition as always! Jeff Parker, thanks for getting me into this and for all the training. Everyone else that was at the Detroit location, good to met you, some for the first time, some again, hope to compete with you all some more in the future.

Glad to see all the info and postings from the other countries as well, I am glad it is a truly global competition. It is a great sport and takes a lot of work by a few key people to put on these events. Good Job!

Can't wait for the next one!

Christopher Gallagher

Well said. And thank you.