Im Silver Bullet 1 Minute Mark Broken?

John McCarter

Yeah I was gonna say, his comments were very humble and honest.

What's wrong with his comments? He comments very polite and takes the time to explain things. I think he responds professionally, his grippers are far from that so it seems.

"My position is a bit different. You are not the only customer I have. I have thousands of happy customers (My shop has just sent out 7100+ order). My handgrippers are out on the market for six months or so and I assure you, all my customers are happy. Maybe not all are engineers and they do not have as high expectations of the gripper? It is not a piece of art, it is a metal thing you grasp and crush. My customers are sportsmen, not handgripper manifacturing experts"

I guess things like this make him seem cocky. 7000+ grippers and they still suck? :huh:

Edit: Also where are these thousands of gripper owners that got them in the last six months? embellish much perhaps.

Edited by Jared Goguen

Russia I'm guessing.

The dude offered a refund and was completely reasonable the whole time. I'm not sure what else he could have done.

Russia I'm guessing.

The dude offered a refund and was completely reasonable the whole time. I'm not sure what else he could have done.

He could have not sold junk. I took a chance buying them and I know that, and I really don't care about a refund.

I do think you shouldn't be a shitty person in life that produces junk and put your name on it. I think you shouldn't rip off other peoples ideas and make a profit on it.

• Like 1

Russia I'm guessing.

I guess the answer Jared wanted to hear was 'you are right and I will stop making crapy things' but that is not how the world works.

Whole China is build on coping things and producing them cheaply. It's a free market and you can choose to buy a product or don't.

We all know that Robert Baraban also copied some grip implements is he also that kind of person?

I think you're overly sensitive and critical Jared.

It's all the same idea. A spring and some handles. He addressed the quality issues though, and said that they were not intended to be boutique grippers, but rather workhorses. That doesn't make him a shitty person.

• Like 1

Russia I'm guessing.

I guess the answer Jared wanted to hear was 'you are right and I will stop making crapy things' but that is not how the world works.

Whole China is build on coping things and producing them cheaply. It's a free market and you can choose to buy a product or don't.

We all know that Robert Baraban also copied some grip implements is he also that kind of person?

You are correct sir, and I'm allowed to voice my dislike for cheap garbage products and dishonest business practises.

I think you're overly sensitive and critical Jared.

It's all the same idea. A spring and some handles. He addressed the quality issues though, and said that they were not intended to be boutique grippers, but rather workhorses. That doesn't make him a shitty person.

I disagree and that's fine. You can have your opinion and ill have mine.

How exactly did this thread degrade to gripper quality issues?!

Take it offline guys if you want to bicker about stuff like that. Or, open a new thread under equipment.

Thanks.

Guys -

I just got an email that said, "Maybe you should read this carefully and join discussion. You have influence and you can have things happen" and there was this link:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=44855&page=3#entry648527

If anyone wants to ask me a question, to get the ball rolling, I can check back in about an hour or so.

• Like 2

Randall, since you've joined this thread, please consider removing the latest SB world record. The video of the attempt was extremely questionable, especially when you look at the spring size of the gripper he was using. The video was also edited and it never includes a close up of the gripper handle. The above indicated to me that he was not using a #3 gripper. It appeared to be a #1 or even smaller based on the spring size and how his hand opened when he dropped it.

The credibility of further world records is in the balance. If this attempt is allowed to count then it is destructive to the sport and the brand... As well as insulting to all those who previously held the record.

Respectfully,

Jon Vance

• Like 7

Guys -

I just got an email that said, "Maybe you should read this carefully and join discussion. You have influence and you can have things happen" and there was this link:

If anyone wants to ask me a question, to get the ball rolling, I can check back in about an hour or so.

Thanks.

Randall, since you've joined this thread, please consider removing the latest SB world record. The video of the attempt was extremely questionable, especially when you look at the spring size of the gripper he was using. The video was also edited and it never includes a close up of the gripper handle. The above indicated to me that he was not using a #3 gripper. It appeared to be a #1 or even smaller based on the spring size and how his hand opened when he dropped it.

The credibility of further world records is in the balance. If this attempt is allowed to count then it is destructive to the sport and the brand... As well as insulting to all those who previously held the record.

Respectfully,

Jon Vance

I agree that.

Ironmind records and rules are not under IGC but it would be wise to take off this "coc#1 SB record" and return Kody Burn´s record.

All people knows already that this Russian case was "big joke" and all can be returned how it was before that.

-Juha Harju

• Like 2

I've got no dog in this fight...but I'd like to think that I.M's judging would be at least as stringent as a Mash monster gripper certs or FBBC bending certs. Based on the video in question...this silver bullet performance would be failed unanimously.

Respectfully,

Jon Vance

Jon -

Thanks much for summarizing your views on this.

I'm absolutely with you 100% on the need to keep records clean, as I tried to explain in a post earlier today:

http://www.ironmind-forum.com/forum/contests-performances/grip_aa/59062-coc-silver-bullet-world-record

In reality, most records get at least some questions, if not outright bashing: witness Alexey Tyukalov, Mike Burke, Kody Burns . . . not to mention Joe Kinney . . . so that's an occupational hazard for the record breakers, not to mention IronMind.

Guys -

Thanks.

Juha -

You are very welcome—I didn't want to use your name in case you didn't want to get blamed for that wisecrack about selling wigs to pygmies.

• Like 1

Respectfully,

Jon Vance

I agree that.

Ironmind records and rules are not under IGC but it would be wise to take off this "coc#1 SB record" and return Kody Burn´s record.

All people knows already that this Russian case was "big joke" and all can be returned how it was before that.

-Juha Harju

Juha -

Sorry, I don't know what IGC is (a banned substance?) but my recollection is that prior to Dmitriy, you were quite vocal and very direct in terms of telling me what a sham you thought Kody's record was, so what gives on this about face?

Does this mean that when someone breaks Dmitriy's record, you will say it sucks and the record should be returned to Dmitriy? And what if Dmitriy breaks his own record?

Or, is Denis writing emails and making posts under your name—and he wouldn't have known this about Kody, would he?

Respectfully,

Jon Vance

Jon -

I'm absolutely with you 100% on the need to keep records clean, as I tried to explain in a post earlier today:

http://www.ironmind-forum.com/forum/contests-performances/grip_aa/59062-coc-silver-bullet-world-record

In reality, most records get at least some questions, if not outright bashing: witness Alexey Tyukalov, Mike Burke, Kody Burns . . . not to mention Joe Kinney . . . so that's an occupational hazard for the record breakers, not to mention IronMind.

Guys -

Thanks.

Juha -

You are very welcome—I didn't want to use your name in case you didn't want to get blamed for that wisecrack about selling wigs to pygmies.

Randall,

As we have discussed earlier in future I'll keep Ironmind and Silarukov contests separated.

You should put "joke record" down and maybe it's time to start official holds with #3,5 gripper.

• Like 1

Respectfully,

Jon Vance

Jon -

Guys -

Thanks.
Juha -

Randall,

As we have discussed earlier in future I'll keep Ironmind and Silarukov contests separated.

You should put "joke record" down and maybe it's time to start official holds with #3,5 gripper.

Juha -

Yes, thank you.

What do you think, please: Are you even more unhappy about this record than you were about Kody's? You remember what an earful you gave me about Kody's record, too, right?

Respectfully,

Jon Vance

I agree that.

-Juha Harju

Juha -

Sorry, I don't know what IGC is (a banned substance?) but my recollection is that prior to Dmitriy, you were quite vocal and very direct in terms of telling me what a sham you thought Kody's record was, so what gives on this about face?

Does this mean that when someone breaks Dmitriy's record, you will say it sucks and the record should be returned to Dmitriy? And what if Dmitriy breaks his own record?

Or, is Denis writing emails and making posts under your name—and he wouldn't have known this about Kody, would he?

I have wrote already here earlier my opinion about Kody´s SB hold and told that it´s not Kody´s fault. It was because of unqualified refereeing.

I don´t know who will be next record breaker. If hold record happens following rules I have nothing else to say than gongrats.

As far as I know no one has posted with my nick.

-Juha

It's clear that ironmind will not remove this SB hold with the tiny spring. If they did they would admit that they made a mistake and that wouldn't be possible because ironmind doesn't make mistakes. What's sad about this is that with this decision they in a way discredit all records and feats on ironmind's website. In this case it seems that they don't care about the sport but only want to publish these feats to promote the company and their products.

If they don't care than maybe it would be time for us to not care about ironmind.

Respectfully,

Jon Vance

I agree that.

-Juha Harju

Juha -

I have wrote already here earlier my opinion about Kody´s SB hold and told that it´s not Kody´s fault. It was because of unqualified refereeing.

I don´t know who will be next record breaker. If hold record happens following rules I have nothing else to say than gongrats.

-Juha

Juha -

Ok—thanks for clarifying that, so if the refereeing is bad, the lift can still be good?

It's clear that ironmind will not remove this SB hold with the tiny spring. If they did they would admit that they made a mistake and that wouldn't be possible because ironmind doesn't make mistakes. What's sad about this is that with this decision they in a way discredit all records and feats on ironmind's website. In this case it seems that they don't care about the sport but only want to publish these feats to promote the company and their products.

If they don't care than maybe it would be time for us to not care about ironmind.

Well, Grind, looks like you've got all the facts, or maybe was that none of them? By the way, were you there?

Respectfully,

Jon Vance

I agree that.

-Juha Harju

Juha -

-Juha

Juha -

Ok—thanks for clarifying that, so if the refereeing is bad, the lift can still be good?

Randall,

Yes, it can be good or bad. When referee has judged it "good lift" it´s good lift even if it would have been "no good (by the rules)."

Apparently, this is exactly the case here.

Well, Grind, looks like you've got all the facts, or maybe was that none of them? By the way, were you there?

That's pretty much it Randall. None of us have any facts except for ridiculously questionable video. If Ironmind has "all the facts"...or "was there", it would be very kind for you to simply share them with this grip community (a community which certainly support, purchase and compete with Ironmind products).

I've read what you wrote to McCarter and Harju on the Ironmind site. Both there...and here...you pretty much aren't addressing the issue at all.

Stating that new records will always have "distrust"...and that perhaps those with issues with the new records have an agenda pretty much ignores the issue entirely.

Additionally, bringing up Juha's prior issues with Kody performance does nothing to address the issue.

Talking about a company with copycat products...does nothing to address the issue.

To be completely clear...and to address you personally...

Randall, was the new IM Silver Bullet record strictly based upon that (IMNSHO) obviously flawed video?

Is there some additional information that I.M is holding back for some unknown reason?

Thanks.

• Like 2

Respectfully,

Jon Vance

I agree that.

-Juha Harju

Juha -

-Juha

Juha -

Randall,

Yes, it can be good or bad. When referee has judged it "good lift" it´s good lift even if it would have been "no good (by the rules)."

Juha -

With all due respect, I disagree with that.