Im Silver Bullet 1 Minute Mark Broken?

John McCarter

I bet they don't allow the video to pass Vano. The gripper left frame a lot. We all know you did this, but I bet Randall will be a stickler.

I just posted over on the IM webpage about what's going on. I have no clue if Randall is even aware of this said matter at this point. Maybe he'll chime in on the subject as to why this move/feat wasn't investigated more.

In my opinion this attempt by Vano would not pass the muster here due to going off camera so I would not expect IronMind to pass it either.

What's funny Vano is you are like having afternoon tea with the thing. In a jacket even!

When I was invited to judging and compete at Russia I met Roman and also competed with him. He was real gentleman and seemed like truly sportman. Still hard to believe that he is involved this but times changes and apparently men too.

Roman gentlemen, very strong athlete, I find it difficult to understand his actions in relation to Alex Tyukalov, who is also a gentleman and a very strong competitor. Perhaps it was in the heat of passion, I personally know both.

The world record page is still up. Not even temporarily down to verify anything. The end sentence really baffles me.

"Following IronMind’s review, the attempt was approved and Dmitriy Suhovarov’s time was accepted at the new CoC (Captains of Crush)Silver Bullet world record."

What exactly constitutes a "review" ?

Seems to me like they're too many question marks to allow this to be claimed as a world record. First they splice the video, second he hands him the silver bullet, which I can't ever recall ever seeing anyone else do. I would think "passing" the gripper to someone would be a no no. Maybe that's not a rule. Honestly I don't know. And third thing I noticed was that no one got excited after the fact. I would think if you had a witness or another competitor watching would maybe yell, hollar, something ! And this is what concerned me before I seen all the other evidence you all have brought to light. Somewhere a line had to be drawn

• Like 5

Consider the lift they passed for the axle WR.

One thing about it, there's always some controversy with their items when record time happens. At some point there is going to be questions asked.

• Like 1

And yes of course I'm pissed off. I've worked very hard to get where I am. To have someone break my record in that way is no where near respectable or credible. "They" called Ironmind. "They" know the rules.

Now for all the guys who go crying to Randall about my Silver Bullet hold and deemed it "Unacceptable" because you claim my "shoulder" dropped to a 45 degree angle and shouldn't be allowed any time after the 47 second mark. Last time I checked the Ironmind rules it said...

6. The hand must be held with the gripper approximately vertical.

7. Time stops when the Silver Bullet drops from the handles or when the referee observes any opening of the gripper handle for any reason whatsoever.

Time doesn't stop if you break the "perfect vertical plane".

So my shoulder dropped a hair, yeah it is kinda weak still from shoulder surgery a couple years ago. Last time I checked, my shoulder doesn't hold the gripper shut for me, my hand does. And for all reasons obvious, I would love to see someone replicate my so called failed attempt to the point of slowly lowering their shoulder to gain any advantage whatsoever. By all means, good luck with that ! Sounds like to me some of us maybe butthurt over their own weakness, and have to take jabs behind my back to discredit what I outworked YOU for. And please delight me in the fact of how lowering your arm for any amount of time would be beneficial. If anything moving it at all would make ot harder. All the times I've worked silver bullet I have never held my arm straight, nor would I want to. And I can't even think how exaggerating the movement to the point of turning your hand 90 degrees would keep the 5.5 lb plate from falling out between the handles. Maybe someone should tell Mike Burke when his forearm was nearly 45 degrees facing up the other way for real, that his record shouldn't have counted either. Next time any loose lips wants to denounce my record behind my back like a coward, feel free. In time this will all make sense to you. Bite and Scratch all you want. I'll always work harder than you anyways. Or you can put your money where your mouth is and show up and compete on the same stage in the same event I showed up to and see how that works for you. Or I'll be more than happy to send you the 158lb #3 gripper I broke the record with so you can try to replicate my advantageous technique. I'd love to see you pull off 45+ seconds with it while trying any and every way possible to cheat the feat. Any day your feeling 110% you let me know. I don't have to cheat and I have proven that. I don't need fans, newbies, or contest wins to write my paychecks. This is all a hobby of mine. Respect I have earned is what I take with me. I do know one thing for sure, I'll never make a career out of kissing butts. I have a J.O.B.

• Like 10

Wuuuuuut??.. Someone railroaded your wr on grounds of a shoulder position?? Thats jacked up.

Im not really in the loop, so this is the first ive heard of it. I agree though. I cant see how any shoulder position, no matter the angle, could help benefit a silver bullet hold. Like, at all.

Kody, fwiw, there are plenty of us who havent even met you that know your legit. and the guys that have competed with you darn sure know your legit. Keep doing what you do brother. You are one of the handful of guys taking stuff to the next level, and you have our respect for doing so.

(Saluting smiley)

Same sentiments as mine. I've never met you, Kody. But I trust you and your records with no hesitation. Partly due to you proving yourself beyond a shadow of a doubt, and partly due to others at contests "vouching" for you by witnessing your feats of strength and performances.

This is the first I've heard of the shoulder position controversy, too.

That fakery going down as a standing WR is a slap in the face to all of us who work hard and play by the rules. I'll give IM the benefit of the doubt initially but, with this damning video they need to right the wrong here. I guess maybe they take for granted 99% of us who work for these certifications have integrity and that's a rare commodity in this world anymore... I hope they reconsider.

• Like 3

I´m one of those dudes whose opinion asked about Kody´s Silver Bullet hold.My opinion was (only watched video) that last holdind seconds wasn´t done with IM rules.

As I said I was not there and I was not referee. We all know that Silver Bullet Hold is hard to judge. All responsibility is for referee.

Also I wanna to say that if Ironmind don´t remove "current WR hold with coc#1" away on IM´s wall then I don´t arrange SB holds anymore in Finland.

• Like 6

Wuuuuuut??.. Someone railroaded your wr on grounds of a shoulder position?? Thats jacked up.

Im not really in the loop, so this is the first ive heard of it. I agree though. I cant see how any shoulder position, no matter the angle, could help benefit a silver bullet hold. Like, at all.

Kody, fwiw, there are plenty of us who havent even met you that know your legit. and the guys that have competed with you darn sure know your legit. Keep doing what you do brother. You are one of the handful of guys taking stuff to the next level, and you have our respect for doing so.

(Saluting smiley)

Thanks Tommy !! Yeah that's kinda the way it went I was told. I guess my feelings got in the way of hoping to earn the respect of a few that I was told of one that stated they personally don't like me. Strange cause I HAD nothing but respect for them.

And they were always buddy buddy up front you know.

Honestly Tommy, I've had a bad taste in my mouth since my first Nationals 2012. It was my second contest to date. I competed in the 83kg class you first year. I cut weight because I was nervous and didn't want Daniel Reinard, who at the time was re-writing the record books in the 93kg class, to beat me.

Going into the final event, The Frame Hold, I was in first place. Someone apparently thought it would be a great time to change the rules right before the event. Original plans was to have the 83kg and 93kg class lift 400lb, 105 and 120 was supposed to lift 500lbs, and 120+ was to lift 600lbs. So it was changed to have everyone lift the same weight. Which means I lifted 100lbs more and the heavyweights lifted 100lbs less. As you can imagine it changed the results considerably. I was a rookie and never complained once. Actually at first I was flattered. But when you think about it I was the only one the change affected. All the others made out great lifting what they were told they were having to lift and the big boys were ecstatic they were lifting 100lbs less than planned. There's some other complaints I could speak of but this one kinda bothered me still after hearing this crap about the Silver Bullet I felt the need to kind of defend myself and some of the things that I have dealt with in the three and a half years I've been in the sport. We all need held accountable to making sure records and feats are protected from the cheaters but in no way did I ever think I cheated the Silver Bullet record or think the slight lowering of my arm would add any benefits to the hold or discredit the attempt in any way. I would never accept a feat if I didn't think I earned it.

Thanks for the respect Tommy ! You stay Legit yourself !

I´m one of those dudes whose opinion asked about Kody´s Silver Bullet hold.My opinion was (only watched video) that last holdind seconds wasn´t done with IM rules.

As I said I was not there and I was not referee. We all know that Silver Bullet Hold is hard to judge. All responsibility is for referee.

Also I wanna to say that if Ironmind don´t remove "current WR hold with coc#1" away on IM´s wall then I don´t arrange SB holds anymore in Finland.

I can understand the concern Juha. I won't say my hand never moved down or anywhere else because it did, and does, and will a little for everyone. The angle my wife, who doesn't know how to film very well to begin with, was lower and off the stage and made it a weird angle to watch it from.

Juha, I agree 100% with current SB situation. The integrity of the records is being compromised. This is a sick joke. When I first saw video I thought it was fishy with the splice, the "passing" of the bullet, and taking the gripper out of the view of the camera. After seeing all the evidence brought to light I have know doubts the record should not be given. So what if he has to do it again the right way. If he breaks my record by 8+ seconds he should have no problem following correct steps to reclaim the record at another contest. If your on the level of knocking on the door of the Silver Bullet world record I would think they would have a clear understanding of rules. Maybe they can't read I guess. Randall needs to put this to bed. After seeing all sides of this, this would be a black eye for Grip and even worse for Ironmind reputation.

I spoke with Andrew Pantke on an idea that I think would eliminate doubt of feats and stuff. The IGC or a promoter of future contests need to have 1 gripper solely for Silver Bullet. Either make a series of 150 grippers rated by well known someone and have each gripper used for specific contests throughout the year. Or the same gripper at every one like Mash Monster. Either way the gripper needs painted special color or numbered for verification before attempts. The Silver Bullet record Holder would keep a similar "Gold" gripper kinda like a championship belt in boxing or UFC. But really the promoter would keep original for safekeeping. If we want to be serious with records we need to start making things easier to cross reference with the rest of the world. We all know grippers are not rated the same so we need to find a way to make things equal across the board. After hearing the record is still standing I guess Randall isn't heading in the direction of better but the other way. I think the world record would mean a he'll of a lot more if we all knew we were attempting same rated gripper for SB hold. Then you can feel comfortable knowing where your actual numbers compare to other athletes.

I know Randall travels and has a lot of passion for Olympic lifting where calibrated plates are used. Why not give same respect to the grippers to make. The passion only gets better when you eliminate all other areas of doubt or concern. Then the numbers mean something and you know more precisely where you are with the rest of the world.

Hopefully Randall can see this for what it really is. A complete Joke.

Thanks for your concern on SB. We all need to hold each other to highest standards possible if we want this sport to be taken seriously. You and all the GripMonsters have always been prime examples of how things should be done !

• Like 3

(Saluting smiley)

Same sentiments as mine. I've never met you, Kody. But I trust you and your records with no hesitation. Partly due to you proving yourself beyond a shadow of a doubt, and partly due to others at contests "vouching" for you by witnessing your feats of strength and performances.

This is the first I've heard of the shoulder position controversy, too.

Thanks you Ben ! Hope to get to meet and compete beside you someday !

That fakery going down as a standing WR is a slap in the face to all of us who work hard and play by the rules. I'll give IM the benefit of the doubt initially but, with this damning video they need to right the wrong here. I guess maybe they take for granted 99% of us who work for these certifications have integrity and that's a rare commodity in this world anymore... I hope they reconsider.

100% Agree

I can understand the concern Juha. I won't say my hand never moved down or anywhere else because it did, and does, and will a little for everyone. The angle my wife, who doesn't know how to film very well to begin with, was lower and off the stage and made it a weird angle to watch it from.

Juha, I agree 100% with current SB situation. The integrity of the records is being compromised. This is a sick joke. When I first saw video I thought it was fishy with the splice, the "passing" of the bullet, and taking the gripper out of the view of the camera. After seeing all the evidence brought to light I have know doubts the record should not be given. So what if he has to do it again the right way. If he breaks my record by 8+ seconds he should have no problem following correct steps to reclaim the record at another contest. If your on the level of knocking on the door of the Silver Bullet world record I would think they would have a clear understanding of rules. Maybe they can't read I guess. Randall needs to put this to bed. After seeing all sides of this, this would be a black eye for Grip and even worse for Ironmind reputation.

I spoke with Andrew Pantke on an idea that I think would eliminate doubt of feats and stuff. The IGC or a promoter of future contests need to have 1 gripper solely for Silver Bullet. Either make a series of 150 grippers rated by well known someone and have each gripper used for specific contests throughout the year. Or the same gripper at every one like Mash Monster. Either way the gripper needs painted special color or numbered for verification before attempts. The Silver Bullet record Holder would keep a similar "Gold" gripper kinda like a championship belt in boxing or UFC. But really the promoter would keep original for safekeeping. If we want to be serious with records we need to start making things easier to cross reference with the rest of the world. We all know grippers are not rated the same so we need to find a way to make things equal across the board. After hearing the record is still standing I guess Randall isn't heading in the direction of better but the other way. I think the world record would mean a he'll of a lot more if we all knew we were attempting same rated gripper for SB hold. Then you can feel comfortable knowing where your actual numbers compare to other athletes.

I know Randall travels and has a lot of passion for Olympic lifting where calibrated plates are used. Why not give same respect to the grippers to make. The passion only gets better when you eliminate all other areas of doubt or concern. Then the numbers mean something and you know more precisely where you are with the rest of the world.

Hopefully Randall can see this for what it really is. A complete Joke.

Thanks for your concern on SB. We all need to hold each other to highest standards possible if we want this sport to be taken seriously. You and all the GripMonsters have always been prime examples of how things should be done !

Cheers Kody!

Lot of good points and I really appreciate you. You are great athlete!

That article reads cryptic to me.

I assume they are talking about Denis Shmarev and his el-cheap-o Silarukov crap where he pretty much just copies other peoples ideas and sell them like the wrist wrench...etc.

Check out this grippers I got from him. Also his comments he left on my video is telling of the type of person he is.

Edited by Jared Goguen
  • Like 1

I assume they are talking about Denis Shmarev and his el-cheap-o Silarukov crap where he pretty much just copies other peoples ideas and sell them like the wrist wrench...etc.

Check out this grippers I got from him. Also his comments he left on my video is telling of the type of person he is.

Denis is good man. Maybe he don´t know very much of grip but...... I like him as person.

• Like 2

Denis is good man. Maybe he don´t know very much of grip but...... I like him as person.

Maybe true but he wasn't very nice to me, and has been ripping off other peoples ideas and selling them, giving them no credit. Best I can tell his products are cheaply made as well, that is only based on what I have seen first hand from his grippers and photos of his other products.

If your business plan is "steal other peoples ideas, and have them made in a country where everything is cheaper, half ass everything and attempt to make yourself an authority on something by promoting your junk and sending out free stuff to people in hopes they give a biased review" then you should be ready to be called out and criticized for those things.

If I took everything FBBC and Ironminds made and had them mass produced in China or Russia and started selling them what would everyone here think of that and me?

Edited by Jared Goguen

What's wrong with his comments? He comments very polite and takes the time to explain things. I think he responds professionally, his grippers are far from that so it seems.