Gripmas 2015

climber511

Gripmas 2015

After much kicking things around – and back and forth – I have decided to have Gripmas again this year. It will be December the 5th in the usual location – the Yol Bosun Gym (aka my garage).

2015 Gripmas Carol Grip Contest

December 5th – 2015

230 Burley St

Crooksville, Ohio 43731

Entry fee will be $35 and payable only in advance. I will be putting together the events and getting the sanctioning process completed in the next couple weeks and will announce the events then. With all the climbing etc I’ve been doing I wasn’t sure whether to hold it this year or not but I’d miss it too much if I don’t so it’s on. After getting the sanctioning process complete I’ll get an entry form out for everyone. So if interested please mark your calendars.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

I apologize for the delay - too many doctors appointments etc.

2015 Gripmas Events

• Ivanko Super Gripper with the light closure as done before.
  • David Horne Euro Pinch
  • IM Axle Double Overhand Dead Lift
  • Medley (will be like this year’s National Medley with 2 difficulty levels for each item.)

Possibly one other event - we'll see how many sign up.

2015 Gripmas Carol Entry

December 5th, 2015

Entry Fee is $35 – make check out to Chris Rice.
Entry Deadline is November 12
Mail – WITH the entry form – to
Chris Rice
230 Burley St.
Crooksville, Ohio 43731

Contest held at same address

Weigh Ins will Start at 8 AM – Contest at 10AM

Events:

Ivanko Super Gripper

2 Hand Pinch

Two Hand Double Overhand IM Axle Deadlift

Medley

Please return this form and your check To Be In My Hands by Nov 14th – earlier if possible of course.

Name:
Address:
City:
State & Zip Code:

Email:
Expected Weight Class:

Euro width:

Classes: All weight classes for record purposes. Prizes/places to be determined by number of entries in each class.

There will also be the normal – if I squeeze so hard my eyeballs pop out – I won’t sue form to sign when you get here.
Gripbash Scoring System
All weights weighed on certified scales for accuracy
Prizes of some kind for 1st thru 3rd Place
Food and Drink furnished afterwards

• Like 1

Forgot to mention

All regular rules apply - rising bar - 4 attempts etc etc.

Not sure what the Medley will be like - thinking about it now - we'll see what comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

There's not quite 40 days until Gripmas and I got released by the doctor yesterday for full training - so let it begin. I haven't really done any max test lifts but the little I have done has me down by 15 to 20%. I have my work cut out for me.

• Like 4

I forgot to hit you back, the NAGS committee voted to sanction the contest again, brotherrrr.

Any new items in the Medley? Anything you need people to bring for you?

I forgot to hit you back, the NAGS committee voted to sanction the contest again, brotherrrr.

Any new items in the Medley? Anything you need people to bring for you?

Thanks for letting me know of the sanctioning. I'm putting together a list of items I will want to use of yours and a few others. If I have time I'd like to get a couple new Medley things made up - I'm still trying to figure out how to stump you big boy.

There seems to be the idea out there that I am trying to keep the Gripmas Carol small this year - or that it is not open to new people - nothing could be further from the truth - the more the merrier - so get signed up and come on over - and enjoy!

• Like 1

I'll be there Already have the day off work and a room booked. Look forward to seeing everyon there!!

• Like 1

Weigh in will start at 8AM - Rules Meeting at 9:30 and a start time of 10AM. Tee and I will be making bacon and eggs for everyone as usual.

Two weeks to get your entry form in!

Gripmas Plan

• 8 AM – Weigh In starts – be here early if you think you’re on the line and want to eat and drink as soon as you’re done.
  • Teresa and I will also be cooking bacon (or sausage) and eggs and toast for everyone. There is also a restaurant a couple minute walk away.
  • 9:30 AM – Everyone sign Liability Release and draw numbers for the ISG order. Rules meeting – you can start warming up.
  • 9:50 AM –– take Group Photo – you all help me remember to do his please.
  • 10:00 AM – Start ISG event - This event is NOT rising bar – 4 attempts.
  • Two Hand Pinch – flip coin for thick or thin widths first. Warm ups will be done on the Warm Up apparatus – you get a max of 2 warmups on the competition set up. The smallest jumps will be 5# unless it is a class or overall record. Rising Bar and 4 attempts – we will be doing each width separately – then moving to the next width etc.
  • DO Axle DL - Warm ups will be done on the Warm Up apparatus – you get a max of 2 warmups on the competition set up. The smallest jump will be 2.5 Kilos (5.5#) unless it is a class or overall record. I will have kilos to pounds charts available to check. Rising Bar and 4 attempts.
  • Medley will be done in this order. Ladies first (if there are any). Then it will be in reverse order of where you stand overall after the Axle event. There will be a reverse and braced bend in the Medley – I have wraps but if you want to use your own – bring them.
  • Eat
  • Awards Presentation
  • Play
  • Like 3

Gripmas Paid

Nathaniel Brous

Rich Cottrell

• Like 2

My entry goes out tomorrow. Awesome seeing Rich and Nate's names up on the list already!

• Like 1

Gripmas Paid

Nathaniel Brous

Rich Cottrell

Josh Henze

Barrett Henze

Check/entry form is in the mail, gents. Jose is tentative at the moment, but if he's in then we'll be coming together.

• Like 1

Check/entry form is in the mail, gents. Jose is tentative at the moment, but if he's in then we'll be coming together.

Jose will be sorry if he doesn't come and compete :).

• Like 3

Bought the steel to make the Prizes today. I have it all cut - just have to get it all drilled - welded - smoothed out and painted :).

• Like 4

Entry form is in the mail..

Can't wait to see what the medley is going to be this year.

Remember - entries have to be "in my hands" by the 14th. Better get them in the mail here pronto!

Gripmas Paid

Nathaniel Brous

Rich Cottrell

Josh Henze

Barrett Henze

Anthony Clarino

Jedd Johnson

• Like 1