John Brzenk Vs Todd Hutchings

greppstark

It looks like a couple of buddies just goofing off and having fun to me.

It looks like a couple of buddies just goofing off and having fun to me.

Yes sir! But in the first video I linked it seemed that John just had lucky that he won and wanted to share his first place. I'm just curious as John used to beat much bigger guys than himself and now seems to struggle with a guy in the same weightclass.

No.

This is a practise, and this is why John Brzenk is so great, in practise he was never afraid to train his weak(er) spots and do it while getting tired, so he would lose to guys he would NEVER lose to in a tournament setting. It seems many people think practise is a place you to measure yourself against the others, but John practises the smart way and this is why he has always bee such a big advocate of "table time" over gym training for AW. But it has to be smart table time.

John is still beating most heavyweights in the world, he is not struggling with anyone under his own weight. In fact the only loss that comes to mind recently is against Pushkar who is arguably no. 1 in the world right now and much bigger/heavier.

• Like 4