Real Life Popeye

Squeezus

Was literally looking at this on the news this morning!

Someone give him a inch and millennium dumbbell to try?!

He seems like a pretty decent guy. Never heard of him though.

Holy shit. Somebody get this man a gripper.

that was my first thoughts when I saw it!

I don't think this "disease" really affect the strength all that much. There's a german armwrestler who has the same(?) thing but only on one of his arms. It doesn't automatically make him the best armwrestler in the world. Luckily, becasue it would totally ruin all sports if they really had a huge advantage with this.

Sometimes size does matter, in this case the limits for his strength will be well beyond mine due to the amount of additional muscle mass he has, also most likely his tendons will be as thick as fbbc bastards.

At least that's my opinion lol.

• Like 1

Honestly I doubt his hand would fit between the globes.

Honestly I doubt his hand would fit between the globes.

Maybe he will have to just try a two finger lift on it. Man I'm making him sound like he's on the same level as chuck norris

to be honest,this guy is in his 50's, someone at some point will have given him a gripper, and the fact that we've not heard about means he wasn't very good at it? if he was good at it he'd be on the IM list now.

I'm sure I read somewhere that big hands can be a problem with grippers?

• Like 3

I'm sure I read somewhere that big hands can be a problem with grippers?

Haha, depends on who you ask. Big hands, small hands, left hands.

• Like 2

Sometimes size does matter, in this case the limits for his strength will be well beyond mine due to the amount of additional muscle mass he has, also most likely his tendons will be as thick as fbbc bastards.

Negative bro. The video never states this info and if it was true i would think it have been stated. I really think it's just water or fat. There is no extra muscle or thicker tendons. I would think his arm would look like steel cables going through them if this was the case.

• Like 1

Maybe you are right about that one fella. Would love to know how thick Andre the giants tendons were though compared to mine!

There are also plenty of armwrestlers out there who have WAAY strong grips who arent on many, if any, list in regards to grip feats. One for sure example would be Nick Zinna. He easily closed a CoC 3.5 (with a credit card set!) after a grip comp that he competed in, while he was sitting on a couch, chillin. A guy named Josh Dale actually has video of it somewhere. Josh is a GB member

Josh is an excellent skeptic, and he has been involved in arm wrestling for some time. I imagine there are a number of guys on the board who are friends of his. To me, Josh's input would be something that is probably worth more than all the research you could find "on the Internet".

There are also plenty of armwrestlers out there who have WAAY strong grips who arent on many, if any, list in regards to grip feats. One for sure example would be Nick Zinna. He easily closed a CoC 3.5 (with a credit card set!) after a grip comp that he competed in, while he was sitting on a couch, chillin. A guy named Josh Dale actually has video of it somewhere. Josh is a GB member

https://youtu.be/1khJskNWvr8

• Like 4

Negative bro. The video never states this info and if it was true i would think it have been stated. I really think it's just water or fat. There is no extra muscle or thicker tendons. I would think his arm would look like steel cables going through them if this was the case.
Exactly what I thought as well!

I messaged him on FB an he says he has never worked with grippers. I am probably going to send him a gripper to try. Should I send him a 1, 2, or 3?

• Like 1

Jeff is a really nice guy. He first competed in armwrestling in the early 80s in Minnesota, but then got out of the sport until his return about three years ago. He competes exclusively with his left arm. I had a nice conversation with him recently about his early days in the sport. He competed in the same tournaments as Ravishing Rick Rude (Richard Rood back then) and Scott Norton around 1981 and 1982, before they got into professional wrestling. He managed to beat both of them.

Jeff is currently a top 15 North American super-heavyweight lefty, but is quite a ways away from the very top guys (e.g., Travis Bagent).

• Like 4

Bagent has probably the strongest left arm ever

I messaged him on FB an he says he has never worked with grippers. I am probably going to send him a gripper to try. Should I send him a 1, 2, or 3?

I think a 2.5 would be the most interesting. I personally feel like anyone with a background in lifting can close a #2 right off with not much trouble. A 2.5 is in the perfect range for being both impressive and feasible IMO. Not that a #3 would somehow be less impressive, just less likely.

Jeff Dabe vs Oleg Zhokh who would win?

Left hand? My money is on Oleg
Yes!! Olegs right arm is "normal"? And Jeff only compete with his left aswell I think!