Joe Kinney

Bearcat 74

For those of us who don't get (edited to save space) what is this about Nathan Holle?

My post was not meant to disrepesct anyone involved, or question their knowledge or integrity. I just wondered what it is in Heath's post that would "erase the doubt" in people's minds?

I think Kinney closed the #4. I think Heath may well be the next to do it (I think this speaks highly enough of what I think of Heath's bona fides in making a judgement on Kinney??). But if we need more proof than "someone said they did it" then I (and this is probably just me) would need more proof than "somebody thinks that someone else could do it".

There's a photo of a #4 crushed down to 2-4 mm's.

Correct. Nathan Holle.

id say its down to 1mm or less

mobsterone,

id say Wannagrips reference to nathan holle is that he is a small fella too? so size shouldnt be thought of as tell-tale sign of grip strenght.

I just wondered what it is in Heath's post that would "erase the doubt" in people's minds?

Aside from the fact that Heath is known on this board, he has nothing to gain from endorsing Kinney's #4 close. In fact, if he discredited Kinney and then closed the #4, many would consider Heath the first #4 closer. IMHO this lends credence to Heath's endorsement of Joe Kinney.

Great report Heath, it erased any doubts about Kinney in my mind.

Robert

Heath and Nathan

Are probably the 2 people closest to the#4 for a long timenow we also have Dave Morton and Tommy,sorry if i missed anyone out.Piont being that if these people are knocking on the door then why not believe Joe in the 1st place.

I like to think that there are still people out there that are not cheats,but think more of honour and integrity.I for one always believed Joe did it as i have personally witnessed what the Holle brothers can do with grippers,Heath is the same,can walk the walk when the time is right,he lets his grip strength speak for itself,the Holle Brother are the same as is Chris james.My DAD always said you measure a man by whats inside him.

Joe Kinney is the only man so far to close a #4 gripper,the Randy Strossen was happy to except as done,if its good enough for him,shure is good enough for me,call it old fashioned,i have not seen Joes video,but i go by instinct,gut feeling and honour and integrity everytime

and would like to think a man is his word.Heath has just further

proved this to me.

please let me know, Wannagrip, where I can see the pic of Nathan's attempt at closing the #4 ( assuming I don't need to buy a (edited to save space) ). a link to the site would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

For a copy of the latest (edited to save space) go to ironmind.com or call them at 530-265-6725.

Thats literaly paper thickness away from being closed.

I don't know if this breaks any copyright laws ( I removed the text and cut the pictures )... and if it do, please let me know and I will remove them immediately ?!?

Links removed

You are violating copyright laws.

I would suggest you remove the pictures.

I personally think that Nathan and Heath have closed a #4,but not consistent enough to certify :bow Proof,i have none :tongue

id say its down to 1mm or less

mobsterone,

id say Wannagrips reference to nathan holle is that he is a small fella too? so size shouldnt be thought of as tell-tale sign of grip strenght.

Dave is on the money here with what I was trying to get across. No offense to Nathan, but my 12 year old son (who does lift) has a bigger build than he does and Nathan looks like he never touched a weight. Just goes to show you what the the ole CNS is KING for speed and strength when the rubber meets the road.

To my eyes, this is less than a 64th of an inch from being closed ( at first, second, and third look I was thinking it was closed )!!! Perhaps the resolution gets poorer when transferring the image to be viewed here. There is no doubt that he will be in the Sept issue of (edited to save space) for having closed the #4....which is 5 1/2 years after Joe Kinney was featured. Thanks 2 strong for the post.....however, since I had known that if you had posted this pic from a certain magazine that it would be breaking publishing laws, I would have never asked you or anyone , nor did I ask anyone to post it.....in any event ... WOW!!!!!! :bow:whacked

The right gripper handle on the bottom looked funny to me on the inside. I was not the first to notice it either. Maybe it's just the angle.

You are violating copyright laws.

Ok, I have removed the pictures !

I hope you enjoyed them for the short time they were available :)

This was the last ( and only ) time I will do this... I actually thought it was ok, since the pictures was cut down and the text was removed. But now I know better :blush

IMO. I'm sure that Nathan has closed the #4 and he probably did it when the picture was taken also ( it's hard to hold the gripper completely closed to get a good picture ).

it's hard to hold the gripper completely closed to get a good picture ).

I disagree here. If you truly have the strength to close a gripper, the tricky part is lighting not keeping it shut.

I disagree here. If you truly have the strength to close a gripper, the tricky part is lighting not keeping it shut.

I agree with Bill, I have many pictures of me closing

many different grippers, all you have to do is be strong

enough to hold them closed :blink

Matt

To Roark and everyone else: I NEVER said that Heath's meeting with Joe had changed my mind about whether or not I think Joe closed the #4. It hasn't. I am still on the fence about the subject and I'll tell you why.

The reason is because of all the deception that went on immediately after the "official" #4 close by Kinney. Joe first said the gripper was lost... OR was it stolen?? :blink Wait a minute, it was stolen. Now it's recovered. Oh wait, now Strossen has it AND has tested it. Now it's back in Joe's hands! :whacked Why all the flip-flopping?

I think Heath was impressed (as I was) by Joe's level of determination and training. To say it goes off the scale is an understatement. I am very impressed by Joe as well.

I'm not going to turn this into a board war. I say look at the evidence and draw your own conclusions. I've examined this subject at great length and I've talked to a number of individuals who are in the know about this very subject. Like I said: I am still on the fence.