A1 Russian Open

Eric Roussin

Too bad Cyplenkov wasn't there. Even if he had been there, I think this version of Pushkar would have won.

Anyone know how Pushkar trains and what is routine is?!

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos
  • Like 1

Any links to Brzenks matches?

Props to Pushkar for being a BEAST.

That said, I have a bit of a problem with statements like "strongest right arm ever". While Andrey Pushkar was born in 1985 and is arguably at the peak of his form and strength, John was born on July of 1964! That is 21 years before, and that makes him 51 years young (or old?) at the time of these matches, vs. a 21-year-younger beast. So while I don't want to take anything away from Pushkar's awesome performance, saying this is the strongest arm ever is really not fair, because I'm quite sure John's best form is not his actual one.

Based on John's performances in 2014-15, I would say he's very close to his peak form. His performances at the UAL and WAL events have been incredible. During these two years, he's also been at his heaviest. But I agree "best of all time" is a big statement.

Props to Pushkar for being a BEAST.

That said, I have a bit of a problem with statements like "strongest right arm ever". While Andrey Pushkar was born in 1985 and is arguably at the peak of his form and strength, John was born on July of 1964! That is 21 years before, and that makes him 51 years young (or old?) at the time of these matches, vs. a 21-year-younger beast. So while I don't want to take anything away from Pushkar's awesome performance, saying this is the strongest arm ever is really not fair, because I'm quite sure John's best form is not his actual one.

" I wrestled many people in my 40 years of career, but Andrey is way stronger than any of them. Even in my top form, back in the 80’s, I’m not sure I coul have beaten him."

http://en.armpower.net/article/en/armfight-43-richard-lupkes-3598.html

Edited by pawel r

^Richard is very humble and has always been complimentary towards his opponents. He said something similar about Devon Larratt a few years ago following their Arm Wars supermatch. But I think Richard's view of Andrey's strengthened may have been affected by the fact that he was asked to man a booth at a fitness-type expo the day before the match and take on all comers. That definitely took a toll on his arm.