Great Motivational Clip From Clint Darden

Jedd Johnson

Guys and gals, I don't know if you've ever heard of Clint Darden. This dude was around way back in the day, when I first got involved in Strongman and Grip in 2002. It's a "Never met the guy, but I feel like I know him," kind of thing.

Anyway, as much as he inspired me back then, he's doing so even more now. I've shared a couple things on Facebook about Clint, but basically this dude is on chemotherapy and doing the exact opposite of just about every other person I've ever met that was on chemo. He's continuing to live his life like he wasn't even sick.

I've seen a lot of people basically just shut down and give up, but not Clint. Pretty motivating, if you ask me.

Clint was recently in Columbus for a seminar, he traveled in from Cyprus, where he lives and he gave this speech. The most important stuff is the last 5 minutes, but seriously, just watch all 15 minutes.

• Like 6

thanks for sharing, very motivating.

this is my friend Mixalis from back home training with Clint at his gym. I'll be going there in September hopefully I'll get to meet him.

I had no idea Clint was even sick. I followed him religiously until a few years ago.

Dammit. Man tears, not gonna lie.

• 4 years later...

I found this old thread while I was looking for a Clint video on ball jerks and stopped to watch. I really appreciated this video.

Epilogue: