Wrist Developer Vs Sledge Hammers For Wrist Strength.

PeterSweden

Hope this helps:

when I use the WD my right hand is never that tight, my pinky hangs off the end and my right hand is slightly loose but still a reasonably tight grip on the handle. Right hand being my leading hand in this example :D

Edited by JoshW
  • Like 1

Hope this helps:

when I use the WD my right hand is never that tight, my pinky hangs off the end and my right hand is slightly loose but still a reasonably tight grip on the handle. Right hand being my leading hand in this example :D

Do your wrists feel as though their being worked equally though?

to be honest, im probably over thinking it, if i keep at it something's got to give !

When you reverse bend my leading hand is doing 90% of the work and my left hand is pretty much just an anchor for the bend really but that's why you can swap it around and use your left hand as the leading hand to work it properly ;)

Try reverse some 60Ds for volume and your technique will improve dramatically :D and it will teach you to hold your hits etc and how you really use your wrists when bending steel :D

• Like 1

loading the wrist from all different directions ^

Just got a second one planning on using it at my clinic for rehab with elastic bands

• Like 1

My favourite other positions on the WD are heslep and DU. Heslep being hands and arms straight out in front and then bending.

Sounds like it will help with rehab for sure Evan!

• Like 1

Sounds like it will help with rehab for sure Evan!

tried it today with IM bands for a post op shoulder patient and one with elbow problems. Patients loved it. Feels helpful working through the minimal range but still enaging well the injured bodypart.

wrist%2Bdeveloper.JPG

Very nice evan I can see that being very popular with your patients! Wish I had an older model myself.

• Like 1

what's the difference with the older one?

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos

• 4 weeks later...

Evan,

First of all don't rest your forearm on your leg, stand up straight, similar to grippers, you will be stronger standing up instead of sitting down. One arm pushes and the other pulls. Your leading arm, my right, pulls and my anchor arm, my left pushes.

Watch bobs technique here

https://youtu.be/2re_GBCQyHM

You will get more power doing it this way!

3-3 = level 7 orange

4-4= level 10 orange

5-5= level 13 orange

6-6= level 16 orange

• Like 2

any feedback on technique is appreciated. Worked with it yesterday in between sets of other grip stuff. I tried up to 5-5 (failed attempt) not sure what level is with the orange spring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odiz3M3355I

Bro, you're bracing your arm against your thigh. That's not permitted.

• Like 2

thanks guys,

I knew something was wrong and wanted some feedback. I appreciate it. I'll put that in the vid description.

• Like 1

No worries evan, practice makes perfect mate. The more you get used to the movement the stronger you will be at it!

Good start :D

PS: I could only do level 12 orange when I first started using the WD a year ago.

• Like 1

Thanks Josh!

I find that it puts a lot of stress on the webbing of the leading hand's thumb, is that the case for everyone or was it most likely poor technique? I think I was more stabilizing than pulling.

• Like 1

As you haven't had any experience in reverse bending this is definitely a matter of skin toughness, the amount of times I've taken a few layers of skin off that area lol, I have blood on my IMPs from me pushing it too hard.

What will help this is high rep work and volume to get your skin tougher in that area, reverse bending actual steel is best for this :D which I hope you dabble in soon!

If I could suggest anything it would be if you notice your skin becoming dry and cracked in the thumb webbing area, moisturize it to stop the cracks opening up and tearing open like mine have done in the past

• Like 1

thanks for all that info bro, good to know.

about bending: I will be ordering some of the beginners stuff from fbbc most likely this week. II'll be bothering you about it soon, no doubt! :)

btw Jedd, I watched your vids with the wrist developer, it helps a lot brother.

• Like 1

Evan,

First of all don't rest your forearm on your leg, stand up straight, similar to grippers, you will be stronger standing up instead of sitting down. One arm pushes and the other pulls. Your leading arm, my right, pulls and my anchor arm, my left pushes.

Watch bobs technique here

https://youtu.be/2re_GBCQyHM

You will get more power doing it this way!

3-3 = level 7 orange

4-4= level 10 orange

5-5= level 13 orange

6-6= level 16 orange

OK here is another attempt from tonight, I think it's level 12 orange spring (4 rear - 5 front bar), correct me if I'm wrong.

my elbow position is not very clear during the attempt but I wasn't bracing it against my body. I noticed again that I stabilize the pulling handle and focus more on the pushing while in most vids I've seen everyone is pulling the bottom handle and locking the top wrist in ulnar deviation. Any thoughts on that? I'll try it the other way next time and see how far I go.

Evan I will see if I can make a quick video for you, I'd doesn't seem like your leading arm is doing as much work as your anchor arm but that was a lot better! Like seriously better dude

• Like 1

So I've filmed this straight after waking up with no food so I was definitely not going to be repping out level 16 today lol. In this video I run through level 7, 10, 13, 14 and 15

If you watch my technique, my pinky hangs over the edge and the WD is parallel to the floor, when I start the motion I raise the WD in the air slightly then bring it back down, this allows me to concentrate max effort and a lot of explosive power. If you watch on one or two I do it very slowly to show you the push and pull motion.

Once I've certified on the bastard I will go back to the WD for sure as its been months!

Hope this helps Evan

• Like 2

So I've filmed this straight after waking up with no food so I was definitely not going to be repping out level 16 today lol. In this video I run through level 7, 10, 13, 14 and 15

If you watch my technique, my pinky hangs over the edge and the WD is parallel to the floor, when I start the motion I raise the WD in the air slightly then bring it back down, this allows me to concentrate max effort and a lot of explosive power. If you watch on one or two I do it very slowly to show you the push and pull motion.

Once I've certified on the bastard I will go back to the WD for sure as its been months!

Hope this helps Evan

awesome! thanks so much Josh! ok here is an attempt on proper technique

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos
  • Like 2

Love the time difference between us bro haha like 9hrs or something!

Your technique is LOADS better and you will get stronger faster now and will put you in a good position to start reverse bending actual steel :D you will find most 60D nails easy to reverse now!

Glad I could you brother!

• Like 1