Wrist Developer Vs Sledge Hammers For Wrist Strength.

PeterSweden

That Looks like a solid program, as long as you've got patience and perseverance i think that would go along way.

Thank you brother! :)

• Like 1

Really hope you try it and enjoy it mate :) I felt stronger every day and I ended up doing the program everyday instead of every other day that's how fresh I felt after

• Like 1

Really hope you try it and enjoy it mate :) I felt stronger every day and I ended up doing the program everyday instead of every other day that's how fresh I felt after

Ill get onto it ASAP. excited to get started lol. flexors are still sore from plate curling, but ill definitely be trying it out, ill report back in about a months time when im bending Red nails for fun .. :rolleyes:D

Ill get onto it ASAP. excited to get started lol. flexors are still sore from plate curling, but ill definitely be trying it out, ill report back in about a months time when im bending Red nails for fun .. :rolleyes:D

Haha you do that and reverse a red nail and il fund all your future grip expenditures ;)

• Like 1

Also forgot to ask. should you alternate hands each set? rookie question i know.

Thanks again lads. you've been very helpful.

For me I usually only train my right hand, being the lead hand as for reverse certs I only use my strong hand (right) I try maintain my weak hand at least level 6 crom though.

It won't hurt to do both though but I'm just weird that way man.

• Like 1

oh man I tried moving up the orange spring and it's freakin hard. Josh and Bob I'm very impressed guys.

btw Josh, this should totally help with building great wrist stability for arm wrestling.

• Like 1

Im sure i read before that a few people do that aswell, i suppose switching now and then like you said is helpful for balance.

either way, im going to try that program out very soon. Thanks for the help my man!

much appreciated!

• Like 1

oh man I tried moving up the orange spring and it's freakin hard. Josh and Bob I'm very impressed guys.

btw Josh, this should totally help with building great wrist stability for arm wrestling.

What level did you get evan? Level 1 being both notches at the bottom (1-1) level 2 being (2-1) level 3 being (1-2) and level 4 being (2-2) so on so forth. It is a hard motion Evan it will come though! Thanks for the compliment man, I need to test it out as it will definitely translate to arm wrestling! :D

Im sure i read before that a few people do that aswell, i suppose switching now and then like you said is helpful for balance.

either way, im going to try that program out very soon. Thanks for the help my man!

much appreciated!

Don't make my mistake I am just lazy ;) really hope it works for you, I'm interested to see whether it works on others! Just increase the rep by one each time on a reasonably easy level and if you see it through you should be able to start on 6 reps on your previous max when you reach it! Good luck brother.

nice, I have to become more familiar with the levels and springs.

Got mine from Kody he sent me two springs, I guess one is the orange the other one not sure what it's called. I also have one for the Vulcan I believe is the same spring though. I used the wrap I have for the levertop but I need to get another one for the other handle I think. Josh, do you use wraps with it?

photo%2528133%2529.JPG

That looks like my 'CROM' spring. I believe that all the others are color coded, though you may wish to check David's site to confirm it.

Dude that is the Orange spring as it is orange...and the black spring on the left as it is black ;)

Yes use wraps! This is the Orange spring in my video

Bob vangenugten (artee on the gripboard) is very strong on the wrist developer

It looked like a well used CROM spring when I first looked at it. The orange is a bit obvious :)

hey Josh, with the orange spring 3-3 so I guess level 7? But even that I'm not sure that I took it all the way to the very end. That's what you are supposed to do, right? :)

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos

In your video it looks like you have the spring all the way up, isn't that level 22?

It looked like a well used CROM spring when I first looked at it. The orange is a bit obvious :)

what's the difference between CROM and black? It does look like the one David Horne has on his website

WD2BIG.JPG

isn't there also a red one that looks a bit like the orange one too?

also, I used the RB weaker spring to do more repetitions with the reverse bending maneuver

what's the difference between CROM and black? It does look like the one David Horne has on his website

WD2BIG.JPG

isn't there also a red one that looks a bit like the orange one too?

The pictured spring here is a black one too. The crom is unpainted, thus bright and shiny.

As always with metal objects, the observed colors on the photograph can be deceiving, because of the mirrorlike properties of the metal.

The blacks start at level 3 (notch 1-notch 1), the crom at 6 (1-1), and the reds -an older spring that doesn't fit the newer WD's and Vulcans anymore- at 1 (1-1).

In your video it looks like you have the spring all the way up, isn't that level 22?

Josh used the WD2, this one has a few notches less than the classic. Levels are named the same, but are less strong than the same levels on the classic. But, lvl 16 orange WD2 = GOOD (roughly translates to lvl 12 orange on the classic)

• Like 2

CROM= the God spring.

Bottom notches with CROM is roughly the same as level 6 black which is 2-2

Evan, there is lots of info on davids website if you have a look round :D

thanks Josh, I can't open that link right now from some reaosn but I assume that's the info from his website. I looked at that before and honestly all that info gives me a headache. :) but now it starts to make sense, thanks for helping me sort this out. This wrist developer is my new favorite exercise tool.

If your aim is to kill steel reverse style don't neglect actual steel when you get round to it lol I had the strength to finish off a G5 reverse but the pain is different and plus G5's are springy as hell.

If you only have one wrap, you can use an old sock or a rag/cloth

Look forward to seeing videos from you using it in the future brother!

• Like 2

I will, thanks bro!

yes! I need to make more videos for my youtube channel :grin:

• Like 1

Hell yeah brother grippers is going so well for me so I will stick to that for now then after MM0 is done and dusted I will get back to the WD :D

Just remembered why i stopped using my wrist developer when i first had it.. for some reason, my right hand seems to be lagging and i just cant get a good tight grip with it no matter how hard i try.

its an awkward workout because the left hand feels strong and gets a good workout, while my right hand just cant latch on tight enough and feels a bit loose, my right hand doesnt feel like its taking much part in the exercise, as odd as it may sound..

shall i keep using the wrist developer, or are there any exercises i can do to bring up my right hand so i can latch on tighter?

Thanks.