Certified Captains Of Crush Stats

exarmy

Deferred gratification is how it should be. I would prefer to put in the years of hard work and say that I earnt it rather than CCS a #3 with no training

Well said though Steve!

I can respect the guy that has to work his tail off for years to achieve his goal. You can't take anything away from a guy who has a ton of natural ability and certs with no real work though, he has a gift. I also respect the guy who has the gift and works his tail off to achieve very high goals.

I don't like to see guys that immediately are going to cert on the #4, work on grip training for a month, don't cert on the #4 in a month and quit, which is what Steve was referring to.

We have seen lots of soon to be 4 closers on here over the years that are gone in no time. It's almost like what I see coaching middle school football. They have played middle school ball so they think the are going to the NFL in a few years.

Having goals is good, being realistic is not a bad idea either.

• Like 7

just wondering, anyone knows the lightest guy to certify with the "new" rules?

That would be Tex Henderson and after, FYI.

Edit: It sounded like I was saying Tex was the lightest, lol. Tex was the first person who had to do CCS and new out of the package.

But not swipe his own credit card

especially in this day and age of immediate gratification.

I see both sides. The longer it takes the sweeter the cert will be. With grip training at this point in time I think I belong more in the wanting immediate gratification category. But assuming that you play by the rules and you stay injury free I don't see a problem if one wants to cert so bad that he also wants it sooner than later. Having said that I know that it's still gonna take me years of hard work to cert.I set a goal by the end of 2016 but it's just a goal, it might take much longer.

Don't know if you have checked out Jedd's product Operation: Gripper Certification, it's designed to help people for the IM certs.

I will check it out at some point, thanks for bringing it up.

The only thing I sometimes see now in 'difference', is that one guy sweeps the CC between the handles and immediatly closes the gripper at own initiative, whereas others need to wiggle the card between the handles and wait for the referree to clearly give the signal. In the end, I train for the worst scenario certification. I tried it last year and definitely would have gotten it when it was a 145 - 150 #3, but I know it wasn't. Clearly I was too much dependent of having a good day. I don't care if it takes me another year. When I get the cert I know I put in the work and frankly don't care if other guys certed on a foot stomped #3 with deep set. I am not the one fooling myself I did something strong by actually setting the situation to my hand, referring to people who actually did that, or so the story goes.

• Like 2

just wondering, anyone knows the lightest guy to certify with the "new" rules?

That would be Tex Henderson and after, FYI.

Edit: It sounded like I was saying Tex was the lightest, lol. Tex was the first person who had to do CCS and new out of the package.

But not swipe his own credit card

Oh snap! I had a unicorn swipe mine when I certified. But in my defense, it was not specifically disallowed in the IronMind rules. It was immediately amended to include - "Unicorns may not swipe the official CCS attempt. However, they are allowed to swipe the card on warmups." 'Twas truly a magical day.

I knew there had to be a reason for the unicorn rule, I thought it was odd that such a mythical creature was denied the right to hold a CC during a cert. :)

Luckily for me no cards were needed, just a witness approved by IM.

• Like 1

It’s worth mentioning here that fellow ninja warrior Tommy Heslep weighted 168 lbs when he certified on the CoC 4 in 2004, three years after he certified on the CoC 3 back in 2001. He always used parallel set or wider for his closes.

It’s worth mentioning here that fellow ninja warrior Tommy Heslep weighted 168 lbs when he certified on the CoC 4 in 2004, three years after he certified on the CoC 3 back in 2001. He always used parallel set or wider for his closes.

I thought most of the interest in bodyweights in this thread was centered around CCS certs. Not that I'm not impressed by an MMS close of a #4 at his bodyweight. But I remember his CCS strength was definitely called into question at least once on the IronMind forum - maybe by Strossen. With a #3, if I remember right. Weird, since he has TNS closed a narrow Super Elite. Anecdotally speaking, I think bodyweight (having more of it) is more influential for CCS and TNS closes than MMS closes. So the bodyweights of the CCS certified #3 and #3.5 closers are of way more interest to me than the parallel set certified #4 closers. But that's just me.

I thought most of the interest in bodyweights in this thread was centered around CCS certs.

that's right Ben, for the #3, the #4 is a whole different ballgame and I thought it's worth mentioning. I got that info from Tommy himself. I have lots of respect for anyone who has closed a #4 cert or not. Nobody has been able to cert on #4 since IM changed the rules anyway.

So the bodyweights of the CCS certified #3 and #3.5 closers are of way more interest to me than the parallel set certified #4 closers. But that's just me.

fair enough brother