Training For A Place At The Table

Durrs

Great job man. Do you have any vids of the event?

No I don't but Aaron had a camera setup and I know Phil and tanner were taking a ton of video on their phones so I'm sure one of them will post something this week. 

Quick update: Started another training cycle
Monday- Chest 
Tuesday- heavy triceps/core/cardio
Wednesday- Back/Biceps
Thursday-High rep triceps/light chest/core/cardio
Friday-Shoulders/Heavy traps
Saturday- Legs/cardio
Sunday- Grip/Forearms
*Neck will be done every other day and face pulls either 10 x 10 paused or 50 x 4 done every day. I may add more shrugs early week.

I won't be logging every bodybuilding workout anymore but I will update if I have any break throughs or a good work set. 

• Like 2

Been having some decent workouts this past week. On Sunday I brought my FGX's to the gym and did everything from cable curls to low row pulldowns and I pulled 245# Double overhand fairly easy which ties an old PR. Yesterday I found my 8RM on a free motion cable press machine and then did 50 total reps with it by the end i was barley getting doubles it was a great workout. Been drinking almost 2 gallons of water a day not sure if that's overkill. Added barbell squats back in for the first time in a few months and was sore for about 4 days it's amazing how the body forgets things. 

• Like 2

Quick training update:
Having a great time doing pure hypertrophy bodybuilding work and not worrying about how much I can Press and pull.
Did an awesome challenge today I took my 15 RM on db flat bench which happened to be the 100lb db's and did 100 reps with them. It was VERY hard. I challenge anyone reading this to give it a shot- Take as little or as much rest as you want between sets(I averaged 90 seconds). DB's have to touch your chest or shoulders at the bottom of each rep but don't need to be completely locked out at the top (maybe an inch before the elbow is straight). I hit the wall around 70 reps and it was doubles and singles from there on out you may hit it earlier or later depending on how conditioned you are but it will happen. Have fun!

• Like 2

Yeah it sucked but it was fun as hell too. Took me about 45-50 minutes to complete my 100. Try it dude! Report back. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good attempt dude. You ever try sumo for the axle? I pull conventional with a regular bar but prefer sumo for the axle since it lets me put my arms straight down and my grip feels better on the thick bar that way. 

• Like 3

I've messed around with it during warmups but it just doesn't feel right when I get to anything heavy. I think it has to do with foot placement everything I do for leg work is close to medium stance.

+1 What Chez said.  I have to pull conventional now with my knee, but the best DO Axle lifts have always been with Sumo.  You can even try a modified sumo, and I bet that would come up all the way.

• Like 1

Agree with the others here. I'm able to generate more side torque from the lats to the bar with sumo. Conventional seems to isolate the hands which knocks down top end by about 10lbs.

• Like 1

Thanks guys I will start implementing it into my training more next session. 

Good session yesterday Aaron, Martin and myself I probably took 15 attempts on the inch DB that thing is fascinating to me that anyone can lift it which both Aaron and Martin did multiple times. I had some really solid blob holds and messed around with the 2.5" crusher I pulled 150 lbs even which is a PR. 

Today- I did my 100# db's x 100 rep challenge again and it was much easier this time I also did it about 10 minutes faster than last time and my initial set was 17 reps so I was happy with the progress. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Running a really basic axle program right now I will post a video with results in a few months of a max attempt again hopefully it will be a success this time. Lifting split has changed again I'm doing legs and back together 2x/week and arms with press 3x/week. Cardio is stair master only cause that thing is torture no matter how fast or slow you go. Core is light weight and 3x/week as well. 

• Like 1

Today-
Cable hip side raises
Leg ext pause reps- 12 x 5
Leg curl pause reps_ 12 x 5
Seated calf raise: 2 second pause at top x 10 x 5
Standing calf raise: 2 second pause at top x 10 x 5
Head supported db rows: 50#'s x 10 x 5 all paused
mid back row: 25 x 4
WG pulldown: 10 x 4
Incline shrugs:110#'s paused at top x 10 x 5
1-arm cable pause shrugs: 10/10 x 3 sets
Front neck rollers x 5 sets

Yesterday-
I did a long workout but highlight was db flat bench 115's x 10 reps with my feet up before I got my designated total.

• Like 1

Thanks buddy. Just a modded 5 x 5. Mid week wrist curls. 3 x 3 next month. then into doubles and singles and I will max out again. Experimentation.

• Like 2

This week-
Sunday- 5 x 5 axle felt really good. TRX ab rollouts
Monday- DB flat bench 115's x 9 with feet up (-1 from last week) may be due for a lifting de-load it's been a few months.
Tuesday- hit calves really hard/heavy. High rep back work.
Today- Cable Z press up to 95# x 6. Preacher curls. Close grip pin press. Dead stop rope pushdowns.
Shrug feeders still going. Neck is getting stronger but not bigger.
Keep on rolling.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This week-
Sunday- Tweaked axle deadlift stance and hand placement. Felt strong. Hitting reps fairly easy. Moving into triples next week.
Monday-DB Bench(feet up) 115's x 11 (+2)
Tuesday- High rep back. Slow pause rep back squats and leg press
Wednesday-L shoulder was tweaked out for some reason so I did some reverse grip cable pause press felt better.
Today- Blob/abs/neck/face pulls- pulled the blob a solid 4" off the deck with LH. It's going to come all the way up soon. Few months I think. 

• Like 2

Past week-
Had some Sharpe pain shoot up my inner forearm while doing some medicine ball pinching. Did some ice baths and small testing over the next few days and it seems to be fine now. Scary. 
Trap bar strict press felt great on shoulder day haven't done these in awhile
Fat grip extreme db wrist curls 
Axle still going well. The way I'm hitting reps I think 333# will go all the way maybe heavier.
Taking a week off the blob will test in a few days. Knee height is the next goal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Past week-
Monday-DB floor press- 110's x 8s
Tuesday- high rep legs/back
Wed- Landmine 1 arm z press 50# x 8s
Thursday- FGX bicep/wrist curls
Friday- Heavy cg pin press/Tricep extension 
Getting some good work in. Having fun. Lost a little bw and got stronger so that's a plus.

Quick update : 1st blob full lift. Been hopping it for awhile and today Martin Braun came down to train and gave me a few pointers and this thing took off! BAM! Thanks brother @bwwm

• Like 8

Total domination. Congratulations!

• Like 1