Training For A Place At The Table

Durrs

Badass dude! 

• Like 2

Congrats bud. Huge milestone!

• Like 2

Great job bro!! Nothing like the feeling of lifting a pain in the ass blob for the first time! 

Edited by jvance
  • Like 3

Durry, that was a great lift, and clearly you were dedicated to training this lift for so many months, and it was awesome to see that pay off today!!!  Congratulations again!  

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. It's a frustrating lift but consistency was the key. Next I'd like to get my off hand up to speed and do a double blob. 

• Like 2

This week
Sunday- Blob lift + a lot of other grip
Mon-DB bench feet up- 115's x 9 (been stalled here for awhile 9-11 rep range)
Tuesday- Chest supported row x 1p x 50r/2p x 40/3p x 30r/4p x 20r/5p x 10r (rest paused to get totals on all sets/BRUTAL)
Wed- Woke up sick as a dog couldn't lift
Thu- Still felt sick but did some abs and wrist curls and neck took all I had to get going
Today- CG pin press/heavy db tricep pullover/EZ bar curls

• Like 2

This week
Sunday- Axle moving along okay. Fat grip trap bar farmers carries for distance. Neck. Abs.
Monday- Db bench feet up- 115's x 10 (absolute RM). Then 120's x 5 x 3/
Tuesday- Smith machine lunges. Did my Chest supported rows 1p x 50/2p x 40/3p x 30/4p x 20/5p x 10 again. 
Wednesday- over head and horizontal cable press. Decline EZ bar skulls (felt great. Went really heavy. got really sore)
Thursday- DB Fat grip extreme thumbless wrist curls. Blob work. Neck. Abs
Friday- DB floor press. CG pin press. DB curls. Heavy shrugs. Heavy db RDL's

• Like 1

Week update-
Sunday- Blob/Axle/Neck/Abs
Monday- Db bench feet up- 120's x 7 then did sets with 1 left in the tank until 30r/total
Tuesday- BB front squats. High rep Machine Leg press
Wednesday- Really good tricep superset with DB pullovers 10-12 rr and close grip bb press pause an inch off the chest for 3-5 seconds and press DAMN!
Thursday- FGX wrist curls/Ham string curls/Neck/Abs
Friday- DB floor press. Guillotine smith press. Landmine OHP. Bicep BB curls. Shrugs
Saturday- Off
Cardio has been 2-3x/week 20 minutes

• Like 2

Update-
Sunday:Blob/Axle/neck/Abs
Monday: DBBP (feet up) 120#'s x 8, 7, 4, 4
Tuesday: Front squats, Kroc rows 125# x 16/16 (Haven't done these in 6 months and it showed I am basically starting over 6 months ago I hit 145# x 30+) 
Wednesday: Cable pressing and arm supersets
Thursday: Fgx thumbless wrist curls/Farmers carries/Neck/Abs
Friday:db floor press/Light cable curls/ Heavy shrugs/ Heavy triceps

Edited by Durrs
  • Like 1

Weekly update-
Sunday-Blob/Neck/Abs/Axle doubles
Monday- DBBP feet up 125#'s x 5, 4, 4, 5
Tuesday- Horizontal leg press mid range 300r/total, landmine thrusters
Wednesday- Cable press, Superset cgpbp/db pullover/curls
Thursday- Neck/Abs/Wrist curls
Friday- DB floor press/Arms/shoulders
I took everyone's advice and forced myself to get comfortable sumo pulling the axle. Coming along. 

Sunday-Blob/Neck/Axle doubles to 293# x 2 x 5 sets felt strong.
Monday-  DB bench press feet up- 125#'s x 6, 5, 4, 4
Tuesday- Warmed up with leg curls before squats and it worked great.
Wednesday-  Arms
Thursday- Fixed handle trap bar farmers carries. RT high rep.
Friday-DB floor press/shoulders

• Like 1

Workout week highlights
Sunday- Do Axle deadlift up to 309# x 1 x 5 sets got them all but it didn't feel great. Heavy/slow. 
Monday- DB Bench feet up- 125#'s x 7, 4, 4, 4. 60#'s x 22, 13, 15
Tuesday- 3 plate landmine thrusters + press (10 -12 rep range). Kroc rows- 125#'s x 20/20
Wednesday- cg ohp on smith machine. Arms
Thursday- Strict pause db hammer curls (head back shoulders against post) 50#'s x 9, 8, 6, 6, 6, 6. Put FGX's on TRX handles and did thumbless inverted rows (AWESOME EXERCISE!) -If reading this must try.
Friday- Barely slept last night workout had to be scaled down to adjust so did high rep back/arms

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This week-
Took another F on 333 axle. Sooo last 3 months were a wash but I learned a lot and wrote everything down and will adjust. This grip stuff is hard it's not like a bench press or squat you know big muscle groups that can handle a lot and peak easy and there are a million great programs to use. Still having a ton of fun with this grip stuff though it's like an extremely weird slow completing puzzle:)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Durrs said:

This week-
Took another F on 333 axle. Sooo last 3 months were a wash but I learned a lot and wrote everything down and will adjust. This grip stuff is hard it's not like a bench press or squat you know big muscle groups that can handle a lot and peak easy and there are a million great programs to use. Still having a ton of fun with this grip stuff though it's like an extremely weird slow completing puzzle:)

It is indeed... i could make mad prs in one area and lose top end in another.

• Like 1

Looking back on the last three months i was doing pinch or open hand work every 72-96 hrs and that wasn't enough rest. I'm going to spread that out more and I want to add weighted rope pull-ups I used to do (2 years ago now damn time flys!) back into my routine. Maybe some reverse band Axle pulls...? Something new.

• Like 1

Try some fingertip training, perhaps some climbing holds. They may be helping me improve on rt, axle i have yet to test, with a tweaked lower back (idk how i did it)

• Like 1

That's a great idea. Sorry to hear of the lower back tweak I've done that many times it's the worst. 

2 hours ago, Durrs said:

That's a great idea. Sorry to hear of the lower back tweak I've done that many times it's the worst. 

You may want to try the Tips Tester too. It hits the finger tips and thumb really well

• Like 1

Yeah I would like to try training with that device. Would you recommend a climbing hang board to train finger holds on? 

Week of training highlights-
Monday- Moved elbows in towards ribs on DB press after watching a pec tear video on YT. Made the lift much harder but i was pressing weight the same way the guy that tore was so I had to adjust. 105#'s x 10.
Tuesday- Kroc rows 125#'s x 23/20. LM thrusters 3p x 10 x 3
Wednesday- CG pushups off bar in bottom of rack
Thursday- Leg curls, calves, light back
Friday- DB strict press- up to 65#'s x 5
Saturday Off
Sunday- FGX trap bar farmers carries up to 245# x 18 ft (best) Wrist wrench forearm curls, Heavy DB pause hammer curls

Week of training highlights-
Mon-Good form db press feet up- 110#'s x 8. Decline DB california press.
Tue- Kroc rows: 125# x (R)24/(L)25 reps
Wed- Started doing external rotation side raises and they feel amazing on the shoulders.
Thu- above the knee rack pulls up to 545 x 1 x 2
Fri- CG BB Floor pause press: 225# x 4 x 2. DB standing strict press 65's x 6, 30's x 30
Sun- Fixed DB farmers - 125#'s x down/back weight room floor not sure how far x 6. Reverse FGX ez bar curls. Fgx rope hammer curls.

• 2 weeks later...

Past week
Mon- DB floor press feet in elbows tucked full pause 115#'s x 6, 5, 4, 4, 5. Decline DB CA press- 45#'s x 6, 7, 6
Tue- Kroc rows 125# x (R)28/(L)28. LM thrusters up to 4p x 2. 8 second calf raises
Wed- High rep cable work
Thu-Above the knee rack pulls + 3 second holds at the top up to 585 x 10 singles (HARDCORE DOMS). Seated bb curls bar to thighs and up- 90# x 40r/total
Fri- Sun- Off (in San Diego for family things) Will get back to gripping next Sunday. 

Past week highlights
Monday- DB hex press- 80#'s x 10/50r total
Tuesday- Kroc rows 125# x 30/30
Wednesday- Cable work
Thursday- Above the knee rack pulls to 635# x 6 singles (3 second hold at top)
Friday- BB CG floor press 225# x 4, 5
Sunday- Farmers carries w/125#'s. FGX curls. FGX pull-ups. 4 finger hangs.

9/11-9/17 highlights
Mon- DB key press 65#'s x 12 x 5
Tue- Landmine squat/thrust 2p +25 x 10 x 5 sets. Also did landmine sumo squats for first time and they were awesome. Kroc rows 125# x 32/32 (+2/+2) 
Wed- T-nation 1000 rep arm workout (subbed a few exercises for better ones and shorter rests than prescribed) I was barely curling the EZ bar with no weight at the end. Great workout. Must try if reading this.
Thu- Hammer strength shrug machine up to 12 plates x pause shrug doubles
Fri- DB strict alternating 1 arm overhead press 60#'s x 10/10 then got 50r total
Sun- Martin Braun came out and we went pretty heavy on hub I ended up pulling low 60#'s. Axle pulls didn't go great I failed on 303#!?! It was after HUB and I was supersetting with 2.5 crusher on the way up but that weight should go up no matter what.... I'll have to get into the axle fresh next next weekend and see what's what.. less than 1 month away from AZ grip comp.

• Like 1