Race To Mm0 (2015)

Evan Raftopoulos

Best way I have found for filming closes is place my phone on a table thats just above waist height and put it onto front facing camera so you can see yourself on the screen, and then go for it. you can move your hand toward the phone as you close it to get a good close up, and because you can see yourself on the screen there's no chance of you missing it.

I remember your last vid, that was with your phone camera? It looked very clear/high quality.

btw we have the first two finishers of the race already but the race is not over. Since this is the 2015 race it will end December 31st 2015. At the end of the year I will post a list with the finishers in order. Those who decided to join but don't mm0 by then will get kicked out of the gripboard. Just kidding of course :) but this will hopefully help people stay motivated to keep squeezing. Keep posting your progress guys.

that was the iphone 5s camera yes.

I'm after 3rd place, i've had it to within 1mm of closed so many times now. next week maybe? just to liven up the competition!! :grin:

• Like 1

Did an attempt on a new #3 today. Way to sore in the hands. https://youtu.be/04sukiMtcqY

Thanks for posting this...am I crazy? I thought it looked closed

Did an attempt on a new #3 today. Way to sore in the hands. https://youtu.be/04sukiMtcqY

Thanks for posting this...am I crazy? I thought it looked closed

Actually it was maybe 1-2mm open. Camera was a little bit to far away. But closed it today with both hand using chalk :)

Had me fooled...what do you think the rgc rating is?

• Like 1

Had me fooled...what do you think the rgc rating is?

I don't know.. Have never owned an rgc rated gripper. All I know is that it feels easier than my other #3

Thanks EJ!

that was the iphone 5s camera yes.

I'm after 3rd place, i've had it to within 1mm of closed so many times now. next week maybe? just to liven up the competition!! :grin:

:ohmy very impressive considering you are using a 153 gripper.

I'm after 3rd place too :devil

how is it going man? it's been more than a week lol

I haven't attempted my no 3 again since that day, I've been having hard time even with my 2.5 last time I checked. I think I lost the momentum I had from the initial race.

JoshW, how are you doing with grippers? Have you tried your #3 lately?

anyone else getting any closer? just checking

Hey Evan I just ordered two grippers from CPW but here's my plan when they get here:

Close my GHP6 #129

Close my Tetting Super Master #133

Rep both of these

Try the #3 again

The GHP and the tetting should arrive soon but that whole process should take a month or so, once I can get some decent closes on them I will re-ignite this competition between us brother.

• Like 1

Also Evan cut out any thickbar stuff you are doing untill after MM0, it will effect your gripper strength mate. I just noticed you were on about the RB handle on another topic so maybe that's why grippers haven't gone aswell recently?

Hope we both get this soon!

• Like 1

Hey Evan I just ordered two grippers from CPW but here's my plan when they get here:

Close my GHP6 #129

Close my Tetting Super Master #133

Rep both of these

Try the #3 again

The GHP and the tetting should arrive soon but that whole process should take a month or so, once I can get some decent closes on them I will re-ignite this competition between us brother.

sounds like a great plan!

Also Evan cut out any thickbar stuff you are doing untill after MM0, it will effect your gripper strength mate. I just noticed you were on about the RB handle on another topic so maybe that's why grippers haven't gone aswell recently?

Hope we both get this soon!

perhaps you are right, so many distractions! I've been using the 3inch RB handle but I'm still waiting for the 2.5 crusher and rb 60 mm handles in the mail. It's like you are asking a kid not to open his Christmas presents. We'll see how it goes.

how is it going man? it's been more than a week lol

I haven't attempted my no 3 again since that day, I've been having hard time even with my 2.5 last time I checked. I think I lost the momentum I had from the initial race.

JoshW, how are you doing with grippers? Have you tried your #3 lately?

anyone else getting any closer? just checking

I'm in phase 6 of RRBT, hands are sore A LOT! phase 7 next week though and i'm using the #3 of that.

I've been attempting the 3 now and then but getting worse and worse, although I know i'm getting stronger, it's just a matter of time one of these days i'm going to smash the handles together

• Like 1

I also feel that I'm getting stronger overall but whenever I attempt 128 lbs + grippers I just don't have the energy for strong closes. It's weird.

between last post and this post I got these in the mail, it will be hard for me to focus only on grippers now

photo%2528100%2529.JPG

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos

Evan do I have to bring out the trash talk to get you back on track ? ;)

lol, I know it sounds bad but maybe that's what I need. You guys are more disciplined. I feel I'm being like Cartman now

• Like 2

almost a month since this started and so far we have

1. Simon Norevi

2. Sam Radders (radders112)

3. Stuart Fenwick (exarmy)

Let's see who's gonna be next!

Somebody should send Juri a CoC3, he can do it.

I don't know about me no 5 Josh, but thanks bro.

Yori is in this too, his close looked pretty good in the other thread.

Sorry Yori you are definitely in the running for this!

Will be posting a GHP6 and SM attempt very soon when it arrives guys :D I'm sure I can put a good dent in the GhP6 at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Been quiet on here recently! been training with grippers everyday this week with singles and overcrushes.

Video of a #133 Super Master attempt, think it might have shut breifly but not sure. I think fresh it would have been a decent close :D after my current gripper program I should be maxing out higher than this!

• Like 2

practicing my set with Mike's 2.5 I just got in the mail and my Super Master. I was experimenting with different cameras that's why the lighting is different. Still need to work staying in frame

• Like 1

updated

MM0 race finishers:

1. Simon Norevi - 5/27/215 and MM1- 7/4/2015

2. Sam Radders (radders112) - 5/27/2015

3. Stuart Fenwick (exarmy) - 6/18/2015

4. Yori Skutt (Electron) - 7/6/2015

• 3 weeks later...

Good job on those closes, Evan!

J.

thanks Juri, but I don't think the CoC 3 attempts were closes. What do you think about my set, does it look parallel? thanks for the feedback brother!