Race To Mm0 (2015)

Evan Raftopoulos

thank you brother, that's right!

I felt the handles touch but let see what the verdict is. I feel weird just saying it without posting a vid for proof lol

well heres my Best effort so far, I'm sure i've had it further it's hard trying to get a best effort on vid whilst doing RRBT.

https://youtu.be/6d8uXuCBtGI

Nice dude! Love how you whipped the gripper out like that

I finally closed my no 3 first time today. Will be sending my vid for MM0, It's not very clear if it's parallel set because when I started closing it my hand was far from the camera. I will try couple more attempts right now. if it gets denied I will post it here. From what I understand nobody else has to see it first, right? Or is that for feat judging but not mm0?

Great work Evan, massive milestone to be able to make them touch! If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't of even attempted the close and worked through my goal list instead!

• Like 1

thanks Sam! I agree, this friendly race has pushed us to our limits. Such a confidence boost when the handles finally touch.

thanks Sam! I agree, this friendly race has pushed us to our limits. Such a confidence boost when the handles finally touch.

What gripper did you use for the MM0 and was it rated? Mine was a #3 unrated so would like to know where I currently am as I understand how much variance there can be in grippers

I used my 144.

I also have a 153 and waiting for 148 in the mail. :)

I used my 144.

I also have a 153 and waiting for 148 in the mail. :)

Great steps to have for grippers! I only have a #150 GM that is rated. Need to get them rated and see what I have. In the process of trying to get a RGC rig setup

yes, it makes a lot of difference in your training and goal setting when they are rated!

I finally closed my no 3 first time today. Will be sending my vid for MM0, It's not very clear if it's parallel set because when I started closing it my hand was far from the camera. I will try couple more attempts right now. if it gets denied I will post it here. From what I understand nobody else has to see it first, right? Or is that for feat judging but not mm0?

Good job Evan!

Good job guys! Really hope you get 3 white lights!

You had a go with your grippers yet Josh?

Unfortunately I ripped open a callous on my palm where I put the gripper handles a few days back and was only able to do a few closes last night without pain. Should be fine for my next gripper day though!

Unfortunately I ripped open a callous on my palm where I put the gripper handles a few days back and was only able to do a few closes last night without pain. Should be fine for my next gripper day though!

I know what this is like :shutup: the first time I started RRBT, after a few days the skin on my pinky was so tender i couldn't handle my grippers so got some lagging they use on pipes and put it on the bottom of the gripper to help me continue. Get some moisturiser on the nights to help it heal, i found that works really good.

Must frustrating thing ever seeing everyone else closing #3's and I couldn't even touch that part of my hand let alone put a gripper handle there. I will give that a go though cheers mate!

Must frustrating thing ever seeing everyone else closing #3's and I couldn't even touch that part of my hand let alone put a gripper handle there. I will give that a go though cheers mate!

That sucks man...I had a similar thing happen to me when I was doing negatives...the good news is that spot on my mind now could probably stop a small caliber bullet

It's about the size of a small coin but I can see it being a tough patch of skin afterwards!

Good job Evan!

thanks Jüri!

Good job guys! Really hope you get 3 white lights!

Thanks man, I'm 3rd in line for the MM0, have to wait until Saturday http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=36148&p=635215

this race is keeping the judges busy lol

• Like 1

it will heal soon and you will smash that # 3 bro.

• Like 1

Huge congrats to Sam and Simon!

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=36148&p=635268

Both got 3 whites.

Sam and Simon please email me at editor@cyberpump.com with your dates of cert. Thanks.

Thanks Evan, hopefully you will get the white lights when you submit yours too! Time to start the long road to the MM1 now . . . .

• Like 2

Tried to close my 131lb. #2.5 today. So close! The set was solid and took it to 1-2mm ... Just couldn't get that last bit. I will start filming attempts and hopefully PR on this and finally get into the 130s soon.

• Like 5

almost there...looking forward to the video...crush it

• Like 1

3 red flags.

based on the feedback I got

1. set is way too deep

2. I'm bracing against my leg and the gripper also disappears during that time

I think I rushed it for the MM0 but I'm not regretting it. I'm gonna go back and start training where I left off before the #3 attempts. I was doing 40mm block sets and MMS closes with up to 130 pound grippers( 2.5, ghp6, rb 210). Now that I have the CPW RB grippers (132, 135, 140, 142) I will train with those for a while and try to MM0 again when I feel strong enough to do a strong and clear MMS close like Sam and Simon did.

• Like 2

Strong close evan! Do you set your grippers with your leg every time?

Also don't rush as I'm not at the moment mate, going to take my time. I will get it in the next month or so but will feel better when I finally get it!

• Like 1