Race To Mm0 (2015)

Evan Raftopoulos

Love the confidence in me dudee! Only time will tell :D

This is part of my training that I do to improve strength all over and to pass time till my next gripper workout ;)

Don't judge though, no where near my bench!

• Like 3

So managed to get this uploaded to my youtube channel https://youtu.be/_6h-p4BHIl4 have a look and see what you think?

Only used some 3in1 oil before the close and had small amount of chalk on the grippers before the close, none in the hand.

I have a WT #150 and this is easier than this so can't say what the RGC rating of it is?

• Like 5

So managed to get this uploaded to my youtube channel https://youtu.be/_6h-p4BHIl4 have a look and see what you think?

Only used some 3in1 oil before the close and had small amount of chalk on the grippers before the close, none in the hand.

I have a WT #150 and this is easier than this so can't say what the RGC rating of it is?

You owned that gripper :rock Really clear set and awesome close. Time to cert MM0?? :D

Not in the race. But just wanted to tell that i will go for the MM0 on tuesday..

• Like 1

Nice!! I would have sent that vid for mm0. Looks like we'll have a winner. Is this your first time closing it? Looked relatively effortless. Good job!

Nice!! I would have sent that vid for mm0. Looks like we'll have a winner. Is this your first time closing it? Looked relatively effortless. Good job!

It was my first time properly closing it, I tried about 30 mins before and was about 5-7mm off. I believe the oil should be used before each attempt as this reduces the friction. I'll upload my earlier attempt onto my youtube channel

• Like 1

Here is the link to my earlier video http://youtu.be/B_jLippK088 i knew i had the strength but the speed wasn't there.

Do you have chalk? If not you should definitely get some, really helps :)

Yeah i have chalk but tend to forget to use it before a close. Just use the chalk that is on the gripper from previous closes

Here is the link to my earlier video http://youtu.be/B_jLippK088 i knew i had the strength but the speed wasn't there.

Do you have chalk? If not you should definitely get some, really helps :)

Yeah i have chalk but tend to forget to use it before a close. Just use the chalk that is on the gripper from previous closes
I see, that's a nice way to save chalk :)

where do you live? Does it take long time (shipping/customs) to get grippers from the US?

Usually yes, that way I get the benefit of training with grippers more often with less likelihood of having pain. I really like training my off hand but I go more for TNS sets. The rate of improvement is still the same with the R I believe.

The stand is really nice but ya, once you have a lot of grippers you ll need something different. I keep mine in a box but I have a few on my desk on a wooden storage thingy (see pic)

I live in Estonia. It takes 20-25 days to arrive.

Alright, understand. I just do both hands in one session. And my offhand is at the same spot. Closed my RB240 with offhand at the same day as with the right. But I feel like right hand is capable for few pounds more because of the setting the gripper.

Yea, I'm "engineering" my next stand. (only thoughts now). I wanted something same as you have on table, but did this one. Do you throw them just in a box or? I don't want them to touch each other, lol.

It was my first time properly closing it, I tried about 30 mins before and was about 5-7mm off. I believe the oil should be used before each attempt as this reduces the friction. I'll upload my earlier attempt onto my youtube channel

When are you planning on closing it again? Just to see how much time I have :) Seriously, if you close it again like that you are good to go for the mm0. You have unlimited attempts anyway so you might as well send it even if you are not sure and let the judges decide.

where do you live? Does it take long time (shipping/customs) to get grippers from the US?

Usually yes, that way I get the benefit of training with grippers more often with less likelihood of having pain. I really like training my off hand but I go more for TNS sets. The rate of improvement is still the same with the R I believe.

The stand is really nice but ya, once you have a lot of grippers you ll need something different. I keep mine in a box but I have a few on my desk on a wooden storage thingy (see pic)

I live in Estonia. It takes 20-25 days to arrive.

25 days? oh man. I can't imagine the anticipation when you go for MM1

Alright, understand. I just do both hands in one session. And my offhand is at the same spot. Closed my RB240 with offhand at the same day as with the right. But I feel like right hand is capable for few pounds more because of the setting the gripper.

nice! my left hand crush is weaker but it was weaker at the starting point. With finger and wrist strength there is not much difference I believe. It's harder for me as well to set the gripper on my L for MMS, that's why I think I like doing TNS with lighter grippers.

Yea, I'm "engineering" my next stand. (only thoughts now). I wanted something same as you have on table, but did this one. Do you throw them just in a box or? I don't want them to touch each other, lol.

what's wrong with touching each other? haha . I got that thing from a cheap furniture store. I think it's supposed to be for plants. The rest of them in a box because my wife doesn't wanna see them (we live in a small apartment). :rolleyes

When are you planning on closing it again? Just to see how much time I have :) Seriously, if you close it again like that you are good to go for the mm0. You have unlimited attempts anyway so you might as well send it even if you are not sure and let the judges decide.

Probably have another go on Thursday but think I will submit the video and see if I get white lights. Trying to get the close on video is a trick itself :huh:

• Like 1

This is part of my training that I do to improve strength all over and to pass time till my next gripper workout ;)

Totally feel ya bro. My school has finished now but I have to stay in town with one of my buddies because if I go home I will just train grippers and that's not good in the log run. I also got a PB in strict military press today. On the third trie it went. (Misses are just warm ups) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkUBs5frHJY&feature=youtu.be

• Like 1

Totally feel ya bro. My school has finished now but I have to stay in town with one of my buddies because if I go home I will just train grippers and that's not good in the log run. I also got a PB in strict military press today. On the third trie it went. (Misses are just warm ups) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkUBs5frHJY&feature=youtu.be

Nice lift...nice choice in music

well heres my Best effort so far, I'm sure i've had it further it's hard trying to get a best effort on vid whilst doing RRBT.

https://youtu.be/6d8uXuCBtGI

That was a nice attempt...that is also a beast gripper...Cannon has on his site the average 3 as being 147, so you are tackling a stiff 3...much respect

Nice press brother. I think I've got 75/80kg in me fresh but we shall see!

Goal for end of summer is a 100kg OHP @75kg

• Like 1

Nice press brother. I think I've got 75/80kg in me fresh but we shall see!

Goal for end of summer is a 100kg OHP @75kg

That is sick if you make it brother!!!
  • Like 1

well heres my Best effort so far, I'm sure i've had it further it's hard trying to get a best effort on vid whilst doing RRBT.

https://youtu.be/6d8uXuCBtGI

I know how hard it can be to get max strength during RRBT. I've restarted it using my 2 and 2.5 after using my 1.5 and 2

I finally closed my no 3 first time today. Will be sending my vid for MM0, It's not very clear if it's parallel set because when I started closing it my hand was far from the camera. I will try couple more attempts right now. if it gets denied I will post it here. From what I understand nobody else has to see it first, right? Or is that for feat judging but not mm0?

Right, just make it private and send Bill the link.

• Like 1

vid sent, I'm not gonna be disappointed if it doesn't pass for MMS, I'm pretty happy I finally closed it :)

• Like 1

Congrats. Nothing like feeling the handles touch on a goal gripper.

• Like 1