Race To Mm0 (2015)

Evan Raftopoulos

So I tried again today to close my #3. I wasn't planning on it but felt really good after doing squats at the gym earlier in the day. I also used chalk this time. The ligthing is not very good and there is a lot of shaking but this is one of the best attempts of the day ( 4 total).

if I end up winning this thing (I haven't seen other's vids yet) I will accept EJ's prize but I promise I will give back to the community to keep the race going. :)

Getting really close...you'll slay that beast real soon

• Like 1

thanks for the encouragement brother! About six weeks ago I couldn't do that with my 2.5 ( http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=43944) so I feel really good about it.

As you should...look forward to seeing you carry that momentum forward

• Like 1

Damn Evan, this is really close! Keep it going! Right now its so hard to stay away from grippers..

I'm as shaky as you :)

Will try to squeeze with my offhand too..

I'll get a video of my best effort as soon as I can. I wil have to go and get the #3 first as I left it at a friends house after I RGC'd it. last time I tried was a few weeks ago and I was about 5mm off, but It's hard finding the best time for an attempt in the middle of the RRBT program. PR so far is a 136 RB210 but it's hit and miss, sometimes I get the handles to click and sometimes I'm an inch off. realistically I can see me closing the #3 in around mid July (RRBT ends 8th July).

whats everybody else's own predictions?

• Like 2

Cant wait to see your progress, exarmy!

Oh well, just tried something and there is a long way to go :)

It would be great to close it in august maybe.. but I'm ok with the end of the year tho! :)
And wanted to share my gripper collection what I have right now.

Grippers

J.
  • Like 1

great idea for gripper storage, I'm going to make one this afternoon.

Edited by exarmy
  • Like 1

Evan great effort mate. That gripper needs some oil, it may be the difference between closing it and just missing it.

Juri- you really arnt far off on that GM!! Few forced negatives on that will make your weaker grippers feel like nothing!

Good job all round guys!

• Like 2

Nice watching this race guys! Grippers have all of a sudden got really funny to train. I can't almost hold my hands away but i know i need to because it's so easy to overtrain.

• Like 2

thanks for the encouragement brother! About six weeks ago I couldn't do that with my 2.5 ( http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=43944) so I feel really good about it.

As you should...look forward to seeing you carry that momentum forward

It’s hard to see ahead of mm0, once I cert I might become a couch potato lol

Damn Evan, this is really close! Keep it going! Right now its so hard to stay away from grippers..

I'm as shaky as you :)

Will try to squeeze with my offhand too..

thanks man!

Cant wait to see your progress, exarmy!

Oh well, just tried something and there is a long way to go :)

It would be great to close it in august maybe.. but I'm ok with the end of the year tho! :)

J.

Good job Jüri! Very close! I think you can close my 144 coc 3.

I like the music and nice camera btw.

I will give my r hand a break for a few days and work on the L as well.

whats everybody else's own predictions?

I have no idea, it can be next time I work with grippers,or it can be a month or two. With the race going I’m gonna say sooner than later. Originally my goal was by the end of the year but I had in mind my harder CoC3.

Evan great effort mate. That gripper needs some oil, it may be the difference between closing it and just missing it.

thanks bro, I got that gripper off ebay a few days ago but it’s rated by CPW 144. I know Cannon oils them but perhaps it’s an older gripper. My other Coc3 is 153 and my ghp 7 152.

I know it's hard to get pre rated CoC3s.CPW has currently some starting at 148. If we had that 138 that that dude (silverback?) had we'll cert already, but I wouldn't feel very good becoming mm0 with such a light #3. I’m willing to send this gripper to those who don’t have CoC3 and can close 140 lbs+ grippers so they can cert MM0. Once they get it they 'll have two weeks to close it and send it back. That’s after I close it though. :)

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos

The only reason I say that is because it's squeaking ;) you are so close on that gripper though mate.

Doing grippers tomorrow, had to wait as I opened up a big gash in my hand from the knurling -.-

• Like 1

but I wouldn't feel very good becoming mm0 with such a light #3.

I take that back, but it’s just gonna be way harder to go for MM1. If you close a ghp7 or coc 3 in the 150s then it's possible to become MM1 within weeks.

J.

what a nice gripper stand, Love it.

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos

I take that back, but its just gonna be way harder to go for MM1. If you close a ghp7 or coc 3 in the 150s then it's possible to become MM1 within weeks.
What's the poundage on MM1? 160?

It's been said is in the 156 to 158 range

• Like 1

I see you can close now your 152 ghp7. I wanna see you MM1 soon my man

• Like 1

Its so bad that I don't have a #145 #3, Im planning on ordering 2 #3's and one GHP7, but in August or September.

I like the camera angle too, I think I founf my sweet filming spot, hehe.

So you are training R on one day and L on the other day? (you were talking about it before).

The only reason I say that is because it's squeaking ;) you are so close on that gripper though mate.

Doing grippers tomorrow, had to wait as I opened up a big gash in my hand from the knurling -.-

No GHP's for you my brother. They will rip your hand apart. Alright, just joking. But they are aggressive :)

what I nice gripper stand, Love it.

Thanks! Did this stand for a total of 10 grippers. Right now there is 9. But.. I just cant.. I need to buy more soon.. and probably will need new stand too..

I'm checking Cannon's Facebook every nano-second...hoping to get a couple of the new RB' grippers in the 155 and another in the 160 range, once I have them I can test myself...I think I'm still a few pounds away from closing the MM1 and/or convincingly closing it on film...but it will be soon...my mind is right and I'm dedicated

I take that back, but it’s just gonna be way harder to go for MM1. If you close a ghp7 or coc 3 in the 150s then it's possible to become MM1 within weeks.

There is a long story behind it but I certed MM0 with a 138 lbs. #3...I didn't feel good about it at all...I received a ton of support on the board, however to me it just felt cheap...I made damn sure to keep working and close grippers closer to the mid range that way I could know myself that my MM0 was real...these were just my feelings though, in actuality if its a 3 or a GHP 7 then it meets criteria, there is no RGC criteria on the cert

Edited by GrassMaine89

Its so bad that I don't have a #145 #3, Im planning on ordering 2 #3's and one GHP7, but in August or September.

where do you live? Does it take long time (shipping/customs) to get grippers from the US?

So you are training R on one day and L on the other day? (you were talking about it before).

Usually yes, that way I get the benefit of training with grippers more often with less likelihood of having pain. I really like training my off hand but I go more for TNS sets. The rate of improvement is still the same with the R I believe

Thanks! Did this stand for a total of 10 grippers. Right now there is 9. But.. I just cant.. I need to buy more soon.. and probably will need new stand too..

The stand is really nice but ya, once you have a lot of grippers you ll need something different. I keep mine in a box but I have a few on my desk on a wooden storage thingy (see pic)

post-23990-0-90387100-1432499575_thumb.j

I'm checking Cannon's Facebook every nano-second...hoping to get a couple of the new RB' grippers in the 155 and another in the 160 range, once I have them I can test myself...I think I'm still a few pounds away from closing the MM1 and/or convincingly closing it on film...but it will be soon...my mind is right and I'm dedicated

You’ll get the MM1 soon. I’ve been checking CPWs page as well, Matt mentioned that they’ll be up for sale probably tomorrow. Hopefully he’ll let us know a few hours in advance. I really like RB grippers. I have one rated 155.33 it’ll be good to train with if I ever go for MM1 although RBs feel different than Tettings.

There is a long story behind it but I certed MM0 with a 138 lbs. #3...I didn't feel good about it at all...I received a ton of support on the board, however to me it just felt cheap...I made damn sure to keep working and close grippers closer to the mid range that way I could know myself that my MM0 was real...these were just my feelings though, in actuality if its a 3 or a GHP 7 then it meets criteria, there is no RGC criteria on the cert

I see what you are saying, I already feel it’s kind of cheap with my 144 but those are the rules for now. That’s why it's the mm0 and not mm1. Not to downplay mm0 but once you close MM1 and above you are the real deal.

Got a few videos that I will try to upload on Tuesday one of them touched but will let you guys decide if the set was wide enough. Its from an unrated #3 so the RGC is unknown. Keep it up fella's!!

• Like 2

Not to stress you out but gotta hurry up Radders, Josh is doing grippers tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if he closes his #3 and wins the race. :erm