Some Tettings Arrived!

Cannon

A box of grippers from Tetting showed up this weekend. I think Kristy is posting them in the store today:

http://cannonpowerworks.com/collections/tetting

We only got 28 total and they cover the following strengths:

Master

Super Master

Grand Master

Elite

Warren is still formally retired, but making small orders for us as he has energy/time/supplies. This will dry up eventually so if you want one, we probably wont' know in advance which batch will be the last.

• Like 4

Great news!! Are there any plans for Super Elites and higher do you know?

Honestly I don't know. I can ask him. I don't even know if he has SE springs.

• Like 1

What have the recent Super Masters rated at?

My SM came in at 130

And these would likely be the same stock because as far as Warren has told us, he's not reordering springs, just using what he's got.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Matt hello. I need a gripper between 130-135. I was ready to order a GH6 but I saw that the pre rated ones you have are at 125-127. The no rated GHs 6 are from the same batch as those pre rated? I also saw that a Tetting SuperMaster went up to 130.You have anything in mind?

Thanks,

Manthos.

Matt hello. I need a gripper between 130-135. I was ready to order a GH6 but I saw that the pre rated ones you have are at 125-127. The no rated GHP 6s are from the same batch as those pre rated? I also saw that a Tetting SuperMaster went up to 130.You have anything in mind?

Thanks,

Manthos.

I'd Go for a Silvis T-rex(115-145). or a Silvis monster hunter level 4 (134). there is not a lot else in the 130-135 range. I got a GHP 6 a few weeks ago and rated it myself at 125

Matt hello. I need a gripper between 130-135. I was ready to order a GH6 but I saw that the pre rated ones you have are at 125-127. The no rated GHs 6 are from the same batch as those pre rated? I also saw that a Tetting SuperMaster went up to 130.You have anything in mind?

Thanks,

Manthos.

Hello Manthos,

Just a heads up....I ordered 2 super masters from this last batch and one rated 133 and the other 136

this last batch appears kinda heavy :) ....I also got a GM rated 156 and an Elite rated at 184 ! from this batch

Regards,

Dave

Edited by Dreadnought

Wow really? Is the wire thicker than usual? Or the handle are way up the spring?

Thanks,

Manthos.

Hello Manthos,

Just a heads up....I ordered 2 super masters from this last batch and one rated 133 and the other 136

this last batch appears kinda heavy :) ....I also got a GM rated 156 and an Elite rated at 184 ! from this batch

Regards,

Dave

Hello Dave.

Finally I ordered a GPH6. Now I just have to wait and see.

Your SMs sound intresting. If you ever want to sell any of them pm me first. ;)

Thank you.

Mantos.

Matt hello. I need a gripper between 130-135. I was ready to order a GH6 but I saw that the pre rated ones you have are at 125-127. The no rated GHP 6s are from the same batch as those pre rated? I also saw that a Tetting SuperMaster went up to 130.You have anything in mind?

Thanks,

Manthos.

I'd Go for a Silvis T-rex(115-145). or a Silvis monster hunter level 4 (134). there is not a lot else in the 130-135 range. I got a GHP 6 a few weeks ago and rated it myself at 125

exarmy hello.

I saw the silvis T-rex but this gripper can't be rated. The 115-145 range is stated by the manufacturer and for the MH Lvl4 they say it feels harder than its calibration number.

exarmy hello.

I saw the silvis T-rex but this gripper can't be rated. The 115-145 range is stated by the manufacturer and for the MH Lvl4 they say it feels harder than its calibration number.

I'd recommend you get an RGC device made up. I think everyone should have one. 99% of people on here will have access to most of the materials (rack, weights, load pin, strap) all you really need is something to hold the gripper steady whilst you hang weights off it. I made an ">RGC device with an old dumbbell handle, a 20mm mild steel pipe coupler and 2 x 6" nails. all off the shelf parts, just welded together in 15 minutes. I think theres a description of how to make one without welding anything. then imagine the possibilities, you could rate every gripper you own and know how they compare against each other. for a specific target gripper you could buy a silvis and adjust to whatever you like and rate it, thus guaranteeing you get exactly what you want, compared to the alternative which is leaving it to chance, buying and hoping. I bought a GHP6 hoping it would bridge the 2.5-3, came and I rated it at 127 so it's only just harder but not enough. I also bought a GHP 4 thinking it would sit nicely between the 1.5 and the 2, but i got one at 90, only just harder than the 1.5. I have gotta hope this trend of the GHP's being way easer than the are usually continues when my GHP7 arrives, but i have a feeling it will be about right or harder than normal! there just is not a lot in the 130-150 range.

exarmy hello.

I'd recommend you get an RGC device made up. I think everyone should have one. 99% of people on here will have access to most of the materials (rack, weights, load pin, strap) all you really need is something to hold the gripper steady whilst you hang weights off it. I made an ">RGC device with an old dumbbell handle, a 20mm mild steel pipe coupler and 2 x 6" nails. all off the shelf parts, just welded together in 15 minutes. I think theres a description of how to make one without welding anything. then imagine the possibilities, you could rate every gripper you own and know how they compare against each other. for a specific target gripper you could buy a silvis and adjust to whatever you like and rate it, thus guaranteeing you get exactly what you want, compared to the alternative which is leaving it to chance, buying and hoping. I bought a GHP6 hoping it would bridge the 2.5-3, came and I rated it at 127 so it's only just harder but not enough. I also bought a GHP 4 thinking it would sit nicely between the 1.5 and the 2, but i got one at 90, only just harder than the 1.5. I have gotta hope this trend of the GHP's being way easer than the are usually continues when my GHP7 arrives, but i have a feeling it will be about right or harder than normal! there just is not a lot in the 130-150 range.

I was thinking this yesterday, to make my own rating set up, when I was watching a vid from a member here who did the same.

But the problem remains the same. You just have to buy and hope again for the number you want even if you calibrate the gripper yourself, even if you have all yout grippers rated. You don't know what you're buying and that is the problem.

But I totaly agree with you that any gripster must have his own rating machine. At least you will now with what grippers you're playing.

exarmy hello.

I was thinking this yesterday, to make my own rating set up, when I was watching a vid from a member here who did the same.

But the problem remains the same. You just have to buy and hope again for the number you want even if you calibrate the gripper yourself, even if you have all yout grippers rated. You don't know what you're buying and that is the problem.

But I totaly agree with you that any gripster must have his own rating machine. At least you will now with what grippers you're playing.

but if you got a silvis, you can adjust it as much as you want and rate it each time. I've not actually got my T-rex yet but I plan on marking the spring depth at min, max and middle and rating at each setting, so i know what range it is. then depending on what I want I could keep adjusting and rating untill I get it to a specific rating. I will probably set it at 140 first and use it as my goal gripper.

Wow really? Is the wire thicker than usual? Or the handle are way up the spring?

Hey Alawadi, sorry....I didnt see your post til now....I'm not sure about spring size as I don't know what an elite spring measures and I dont have a micrometer. However, based on my friends older Elite the spring size "appears" to be the same....but yes the spring seems like its seated deeper into the handle on the Elites....but not so on the SM's (but I only have 3 to judge by)

Btw I just got another SM back from Matt that I purchased a few months ago....it rated at 135

Dave