138 Pound #3 From Cannon!

silverbackgrip

No it's not that easy but possible. But in case someone did this (maybe who knows?) they have so much free time on hand to get famous in the grip world which actually very very few care about. I mean, so what if you faked your #3 cert? Then what? Did you get a million dollars?

• Like 2

No it's not that easy but possible. But in case someone did this (maybe who knows?) they have so much free time on hand to get famous in the grip world which actually very very few care about. I mean, so what if you faked your #3 cert? Then what? Did you get a million dollars?

True. I'm just thinking it's far from impossible to do this, if one would want to.

If you fake it, and know yourself that you faked it, why would you waste time and energy on defending yourself?

Well, that may not have been relevant. My mind wandered. :)

Agreed. You're only cheating yourself if you cheat in grip. It's not like there's money at stake--only pride.
  • Like 1

Let em fake it, whoever so chooses to do so. Then they can embarrass themselves with other implements or show off their limp handshake. I really don't see where the motivation would be to defraud the grip community. Plus credibility here is truly built in contests - not YouTube.

Edited by jvance

Agreed. You're only cheating yourself if you cheat in grip. It's not like there's money at stake--only pride.

And still we question these guys...

Which obviously makes it an adequate question.

Let em fake it, whoever so chooses to do so. Then they can embarrass themselves with other implements or show off their limp handshake. I really don't see where the motivation would be to defraud the grip community. Plus credibility here is truly built in contests - not YouTube.

So, guys like David Wigren don't really have any credibility?

Silverback was questioned because of extraordinary claims. But the only thing he's claiming to now is a 138# no set close, which is good but entirely common here. I can do it and I'm just a regular guy.

His meeting with Jedd will dictate his reputation from this point.

Silverback was questioned because of extraordinary claims. But the only thing he's claiming to now is a 138# no set close, which is good but entirely common here. I can do it and I'm just a regular guy.

His meeting with Jedd will dictate his reputation from this point.

Even if he proves it with Jedd the guy has a long road ahead of himself with the whole board. What he should had done when he had the strength is certified the 3 and 3.5 to prove it years ago and left no room for debate and maybe go to a contest.

Better late than never? He seems to have perspective this time around and is doing things differently, but still in his own way. He's got a meet-up scheduled and talking about cert-as-you-go. Now, if we could only get through to Paul Savage :D

• Like 2

Wiggy is legit. Comp or not. He has submitted 100's of vids where he goes out of his way with measurements, not leaving the frame, etc. it would be nearly impossible to fake all that. if there were comps in Sweden, Wiggy would no doubt compete in them. Also, i think hes meeting up wity Mikael soon for a LGC comp?.. But either way, ther is not even a shadow of a doubt in my mind when it comes to Wiggy.

Absolutely. Therefore I hope the general view on credibility doesn't go with what jon vance said about credibility being built in contests.

Regardless of what a lot on this board can do or his size you can't downplay a no set close on a 138lb gripper. Remember most people who train weights can't do that with a #2. I've given my grippers to dozens of "normal" people to squeeze and only a handful can close a #2, nobody has yet to close a 2.5 or higher with even a deep set. It can happen yes, but it isn't normal by any means.

• Like 1

not sure that's what i was trying to say. wasn't a diss to those who don't do a lot of contests

not sure that's what i was trying to say. wasn't a diss to those who don't do a lot of contests

I understand your point. :) I suppose you're right about contests being the best way to show your credibility. Not alot of contests here in Sweden though. I hope to go to LGC next time they run it. I hope David will do well there this year.

Regardless of what a lot on this board can do or his size you can't downplay a no set close on a 138lb gripper. Remember most people who train weights can't do that with a #2. I've given my grippers to dozens of "normal" people to squeeze and only a handful can close a #2, nobody has yet to close a 2.5 or higher with even a deep set. It can happen yes, but it isn't normal by any means.

This is completely off topic but every time I see your avatar picture I'm like, "BUT IT'S A MISS!"

Close that gripper! :D

This is completely off topic but every time I see your avatar picture I'm like, "BUT IT'S A MISS!"

I just do it to drive everyone nuts. J/k lol. Unfortunately that's as far as I can take that gripper. Once I close a #3 I'll be sure to update the avatar. Til then it is also a reminder to me that I have yet to close one unassisted. No point in having a pic of a closed 2.5.

• Like 1

I just do it to drive everyone nuts. J/k lol. Unfortunately that's as far as I can take that gripper. Once I close a #3 I'll be sure to update the avatar. Til then it is also a reminder to me that I have yet to close one unassisted. No point in having a pic of a closed 2.5.

Totally hear you bro, although a 2.5 close is highly respectable as well :)

• Like 1