Help And Advice Wanted For Closing My Current Gripper

Liam-James

Hi guy's I've been using grippers for about a year now I'm currently using the heavy grips make of grippers I have a HG 100, 150, 200, 250 and 300.

I'm currently about half a centimetre from fully closing the 250 but struggling to get that last tiny bit of the close completed. I've done partial parallel close where I've used a big jubilee clip to clamp down the gripper then I've been able to fully close the gripper and hold it for around 30 - 40 seconds if I use my other hand to help keep it closed.

I wondered of there's any advice you guys could give me so I can get this SOB closed from a normal set as its becoming a real pain in the ass now.

I don't have the biggest hands there quite small and thin which I do think has a disadvantage and makes me struggle with the grippers but I'd be so happy to close the 250 and then move on as I love doing them more than anything else.

Get a similar strength gripper, file it and do bounce-forced negatives. This entails closing the gripper as much as you can and then using your other hand to close it the rest of the way. Now let go with you assisting hand while still squeezing as hard as you can with your gripper hand and then repeat the process.

• Like 1

I was in a similar situation to you, do negatives on the 300 for a few workouts then come back and try the 250.

Get a similar strength gripper, file it and do bounce-forced negatives. This entails closing the gripper as much as you can and then using your other hand to close it the rest of the way. Now let go with you assisting hand while still squeezing as hard as you can with your gripper hand and then repeat the process.

Ok so would you recommend that I file down the HG 200 so I go beyond the range of close on that gripper? Also I have the HG 300 but I literally can not even budge that one hardly.

It's like I know it's going to be hard to close but I'm nearly there with the 250 of of though i could of Slat least moved the 300 a bit but it is literally solid I can't even hardly move the handles to even get the gripper set for an attempted close It's like it's well beyond what my capablities are ever going to be it's so annoying.

I was in a similar situation to you, do negatives on the 300 for a few workouts then come back and try the 250.

I was thinking that but this 300 and literally can barely move the frigging handles it's like way way to hard to even get it set and closing it with two hands isn't happening.

I swear it's not a 300 and it's higher or something lol it's completely rock solid.

That can happen..I have a hg350 which is around the same strength as a COC#3.5 but my 300 is only abit stronger than my 250, heavy grips are very inconsistent.

Try cannonpowerworks.com for more and better grippers

• Like 2