My Rgc Rating Device

Jared Goguen

I think the best system would involve parallel plates on either side of the gripper pushing on the handles, but that's not nearly as easy as weights on a strap.

Cool stuff there!

Thanks, its been fun to play around with rating grippers.

I think the best system would involve parallel plates on either side of the gripper pushing on the handles, but that's not nearly as easy as weights on a strap.

That would be a harder thing to build or a very expensive thing to buy.

I like the idea of a crane scale and ratchet strap setup the best so far.

That definitely seems like the least amount of effort to rate, which is great. I can't imagine hauling those weights every time.

Jared, if I have space in the truck when heading up for the comp I will bring up my Pinch Secret Weapon. I think you would dig it and may give you some ideas.

- Aaron

Bevels/chamfers will vary wildly in size, this is why they shouldn't be used for alignment purposes!

And not all grippers even have them. But all grippers have ends of handles.

• Like 2

Bevels/chamfers will vary wildly in size, this is why they shouldn't be used for alignment purposes!

Just curious, how does this work with extended handle grippers?

Jared, if I have space in the truck when heading up for the comp I will bring up my Pinch Secret Weapon. I think you would dig it and may give you some ideas.

- Aaron

Yeah I would love to check it out!

Just curious, how does this work with extended handle grippers?

Yeah I'm also wonder about the extended handle grippers and smooth handled grippers.

I think Cannon said he used athletic tape for smooth handles to keep the strap in place. I'm assuming some sort of measurement is used on the extended handles.

Edited by Big AL

For extended handles, I would guess you just immobilize the extended handle in the device, and weight the knurled standard handle.

• Like 1

Extended handled would have to be given an estimate...and I forgot to say, nice set up Jared but blobby welding! ;)

Extended handled would have to be given an estimate...and I forgot to say, nice set up Jared but blobby welding! ;)

Yeah I'm not a welder by trade and YouTube taught me how but I'm pretty sure it will hold.

Are you a mig welder?

Edited by Jared Goguen

You just put the extended handle in the device and the strap on the regular handle. Then close as usual and get the rating.

Yeah I'm not a welder by trade and YouTube taught me how but I'm pretty sure it will hold.

Are you a mig welder?

I can point and squirt but prefer TIG...can pretty much weld any metal any position, MIG, TIG, MMA and old school oxy too...it's just sticking metal together in the end. ;)

• Like 1

For the Elite, check the spring wire diameter. It may be a BBGM spring. Warren is known to have put the wrong handles on occasionally especially in recent years. I have at least a couple at home that were mismarked.

- Aaron

It is an Elite spring but narrow according to Cannon. Rates at 147.

Killer looking TTK!! Great Work

I got an IM TTK with the oly loadable pin, bought it way long ago..lol

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

- Aaron

Aaron is your pinch secret weapon anything like this? I'd like to see my model improved and made of metal one day, but just haven't done it myself yet. Here is the vid of what I came up with.

Rico

https://youtu.be/5brxGChaJwo

• 1 month later...

Awesome device. The crane scale idea is phenomenal!! I found inspiration from this thread, I'm in the progress of making one of my one :)

post-24014-0-55997100-1433705712_thumb.j

Awesome device. The crane scale idea is phenomenal!! I found inspiration from this thread, I'm in the progress of making one of my one :)

Rad!

Awesome device. The crane scale idea is phenomenal!! I found inspiration from this thread, I'm in the progress of making one of my own :)