Kinney Close

Geralt

The truth is we will never know for sure. Its simply not documented well enough and the years of debate and PR will never flesh it out. There will forever remain only one man that knows if Kinney closed the #4 like that and its Joe Kinney.

At the end of the day people are free to believe what they will. I believe the close was legit.

I'm yet to see a credible theory as to motivations for faking the feat. Joe doesn't strike me as the type of person to seek fame and fortune in claiming to be the first to close a #4. It's great to see him posting on the IM forum (his thoughts and ideas are at least worth mulling over).

Why are other #4 closes not continually subjected to such intense scrutiny? Why can't we have our regular dose of threads about them?

The truth is we will never know for sure. Its simply not documented well enough and the years of debate and PR will never flesh it out. There will forever remain only one man that knows if Kinney closed the #4 like that and its Joe Kinney.

Mike you know very well hes full of shit.

At the end of the day people are free to believe what they will. I believe the close was legit.I'm yet to see a credible theory as to motivations for faking the feat. Joe doesn't strike me as the type of person to seek fame and fortune in claiming to be the first to close a #4. It's great to see him posting on the IM forum (his thoughts and ideas are at least worth mulling over).Why are other #4 closes not continually subjected to such intense scrutiny? Why can't we have our regular dose of threads about them?

Other #4 closes aren't scrutinized in this way because the men who have done it are verified closers of said grippers in person. Not to mention that these men are twice his size and ready to pass out after the close. I personally know Chez and hes strong enough to crush my hand into flour and he'll be trembling and a hair away from fainting holding that gripper for that long. If youve held a 4 you know this is complete BULLSHIT. Cancrusher is a 290lb ox and he shakes violently closing it, do the math.
  • Like 5

Mike you know very well hes full of shit.

At the end of the day people are free to believe what they will. I believe the close was legit.I'm yet to see a credible theory as to motivations for faking the feat. Joe doesn't strike me as the type of person to seek fame and fortune in claiming to be the first to close a #4. It's great to see him posting on the IM forum (his thoughts and ideas are at least worth mulling over).Why are other #4 closes not continually subjected to such intense scrutiny? Why can't we have our regular dose of threads about them?

Other #4 closes aren't scrutinized in this way because the men who have done it are verified closers of said grippers in person. Not to mention that these men are twice his size and ready to pass out after the close. I personally know Chez and hes strong enough to crush my hand into flour and he'll be trembling and a hair away from fainting holding that gripper for that long. If youve held a 4 you know this is complete BULLSHIT. Cancrusher is a 290lb ox and he shakes violently closing it, do the math.

Haha.

Edited by Mike Sharkey

Other #4 closes aren't scrutinized in this way because the men who have done it are verified closers of said grippers in person. Not to mention that these men are twice his size and ready to pass out after the close.

With the exception of Nathan Holle, I am not aware of any of the other Number 4 Captain of Crushes "credit card closing" a Number 4. In the case of two of them, I doubt if they themselves ever claimed to have done it a single time. With the exception of Magnus, the other Number 4 Captain of Crushes were nowhere near "twice his size".

If you are going to be calling people who are generally respected in the Grip World "full of shit", try to get your facts right first.

As for this thread getting "shut down", hey, just because guys start throwing profanity around, rehashing old themes, poke Randy Strossen (a sponsor of this forum) in the eye here and there, get passionate about things that happened 17 years ago before some of them were even teenagers, and talk about someone who regularly reads this forum and who has inspired many (J Kinney), I don't see any reason to shut it down. Every post in a thread like this is a great indicator of who the person posting is. It's an opportunity that does not come up in many other threads.

Edited by Hubgeezer
  • Like 2